Ban Request - koolaid

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ban Request - koolaid

IGN: ♥ Kaito Shuno ♥
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:29344029
    Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018953786/

--Accused member information--

IGN: koolaid
    SteamID: [U:1:186270501]
    Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198146536229

--Format--

What rules did said player break?:
    • He used a glitch and didnt say it to an admin.
    • Moneydropped multiple tiumes, although he was told to stop it
    • Koolaid picked my 900+ locks on both my flat's doors with the money he got from the money glitch.

Your description of what your demo/screenshots contains:
    • Screenshots from Asher where you see the console and my doors.
    • Screenshots from me, where you see my lock count at 0.

Witnesses at the scene:
    • <DINO> Asher

Was there an admin online at the time?:
    • No.

If the previous question was yes why did they not deal with this?:
    • - . -

Does this player have any previous bans?:
    • Cant see the source bans.

Proof of rule breaking:
    • Asher saw him breaking the locks and made screenshots.

If the links are not working tell me please beeer
  • "He used a glitch and didnt say it to an admin."

HE did not actually use a glitch either time to make the money. He might have "used" a glitch in a global sense though - in that he used the proceeds. Kool is a victim here too.

He did say to admins - but the timing is interesting. The starting point seems to be when he was left with a lot of cash after an admin had him testing a bug. That admin should have cleaned up. The way that event was worded when first told to me made me think that Kool had been given a handout to compensate for over-trolling. I looked closer later after the multiplication bug had its way.

All this is said elsewhere in several threads. In this environment of so many proven deliberate cheatings and exploitings I feel it behoves me to clarify this one.

There is a Rule that requires players to report the sort of thing Kool found and not to go ahead benefitting. That probably also applies to his windfall from the bug testing - most people would expect the player to realise that the outrageous benefits [8mill?] weren't intended to be kept.
    There have been a couple of occasions where I have asked a player to test bugs with me - and have let them keep the $100 - $200 proceeds as a fee for their services.

I do not support a large ban for Kool.
  • I agree. I don't support a large ban for what he did. But just because he's been trolled in the past and he didn't do the exploit doesn't mean he should get a free pass for not reporting what had happened. He made a large problem for the admin team to clean up.

Although I'm stuck on if he should be banned at all since his bank was put back to what it should be.
  • eldrun wrote:

I agree. I don't support a large ban for what he did. But just because he's been trolled in the past and he didn't do the exploit doesn't mean he should get a free pass for not reporting what had happened. He made a large problem for the admin team to clean up.

Although I'm stuck on if he should be banned at all since his bank was put back to what it should be.
    Koolaid has agreed that a ban would be fine for him. He feels that the way he handled it all was wrong and something extra should happen.

I'll leave the time up to the ones it more inconvenienced.

• I wouldn't ban him at all.
    Kool didn't set out to cheat.

I know that most players would 'get' that the money shouldn't be used; Kool isn't most players.

I don't like the fact that in the first instance he seems to have got the 8mill from something that Dane did and that Dane should have cleaned up. The residue of that money is what got multiplied by whatever was going on with this banks thing. [ I still don't understand what the multiplication thing was all about, how the recipients were 'chose' etc.]
    (It is this Dane bug test thing I was asking Eld about in the Shoutbox)

If Kool hadn't got that Dane money he wouldn't have got much of a bank increase by a multiplication method.

Kool wasn't being vindictive even when he busted a bunch of locks. He was having a bit of fun.
    He has made reparations.

And, yes, it is unfortunate that time has been wasted. Alex's in the main. Serendipitously though, Alex gets something out of it all.

I was rabbitting on elsewhere asking how can we educate players to realise the sort of thing that has sort-of gone over Kool's head.

My bottom line: I think that Kool has been punished by taxing/fining. He has also made reparation.
    - 'no ban' is my recommendation.