The summary of all that I see wrong with the server's current state.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • The summary of all that I see wrong with the server's current state.

    For a long time you, the creators of the server, kept waiting for the sorry state the server’s in to fix itself. Surprise, surprise, it hasn’t. I’m going to state my point in a fair, neutral, and hopeful manner, and I will name names because it needs to be done for the future and sake of the server itself. I know that you won’t take me seriously, and are just gonna skim through the whole thing, so I’m just gonna make a list so you get every point I make here. I’m not going to go out of my way to directly insult or rag on people, but they still need to be called out, and the server, if it is to live, needs to Get it’s shit together
    Problems that the server has:
    • Core positions of staff have way too much power.
    • The process for choosing a map is completely in the hands of the handful of roots who want it.
    • Anyone that has an intelligent and logical opinion/solution is ignored by staff that have power, or insulted by Dane to insure that a root had a bad say in a good idea.
    • Branching off of the previous point, roots can single-handedly confirm or nullify any application, new ideas, pitches, and/or forum posts.
    • Non-root administrators make basically no difference, despite all the hard work they put in to make sure the server stays intact
    • The current developers are too inconsistent with their work and need to fix things that should’ve been fixed a long time ago.
    Elaborations/Examples of the main problems:
    • Root admins; oh boy. This elaboration will be quite long, since it sums up all of my complains about the staff. Let’s go; so, when I come on the server, I usually see that No root admins are playing. This confuses me, because when new maps come on, or any decision comes up, root admins always have the final say in absolutely anything, whether it be with the server itself or the forums. I bet you if all the root admins got together one day, played the server, and tested every (Probably broken) feature they’ve created and had the idea for thus far, they would see the server as a complete mess… And then continue to argue that a fucking Map change is the solution. You need to test what’s already there, and look at the overall experience of the server. Having plants progressively grow into huge-ass trees and having printers and plants need materials is nice and all, but why whenever the map changes, it’s always far from done? Release your updates when they are finished, and stop wasting our time. We’d rather have an outdated plugin that works, rather than a pretty blue one that crashes the server every 9 hours. Admins that don’t play shouldn’t have a say outside of forum features, Ok? Speaking of roots having too much power, when a new idea, cop-administration application, or anything of the sort comes up, every member of staff needs to acknowledge and throw in their 2 cents, position on the discussion matter, or at least something related to the topic at hand.
    • Next point, Game’s B R O K E N, if those admins that don’t play didn’t notice. That’s pretty much all I have to say about the state of the game right now. Completely unfinished plugin.
    • Now when it comes to Non-Root administrators, I always see the brightest minds of the community having no power. The server’s turned itself into a social class system, and this ignorance is shared with all the other small admins and members of the community. If my post isn’t ignored and genuinely considered, I’d be damn impressed.
    • The admins that are roots, hoo, boy. I really don’t wanna rag on these guys, because, y’know, forum/server bans imminent, but I don’t care at this point. This needs to be heard. Dane; his job’s turned into acting like the top dog and making players quit from his tyrannous and cunt behaviour as a root administrator. I’d say the same principle applies to BPN, but not as much. Eas is surprisingly very respectable and a great guy, but he never plays on the server that he’s working hard to co-produce. Eld, don’t even have me talk about eld (A.K.A elderly from not playing). Syle, My brother, you need to do something about the condition of your poor server, mate. Give the innovators (non-roots) the power to fix your server and they will. Everyone wants to be able to fix your server, but you simply won’t let them. It’s suicide, mate.
    SUMMARY:
    We are all faced by this threat of syle’s extinction, and of all the solutions I have considered (Merging with moonshade, firing specific roots, and opening up power to the people), good old fashioned Hamerican systems work the best. We need to put the power in the hands of the smartest minds of the common community, and the lower parts of administration. (I call them the “holy trinity,” : Mr. Bean, 420Alex, and ‘R.I.P Bob’) Developers need to consider the complaints of the community and fix the plugin and improve the system of map choosing. (Votes for a new map need to last for more than a fucking day where three people participate and a root chooses anyway regardless of the vote) The server’s on a very little amount of borrowed time, and we need to revive it through these methods and consideration of more than the root administrators. To everyone that reads this, pray with me that the server is fixed through consideration and hard work.
    Best of hopes,
    -VVR

    The post was edited 1 time, last by VVR You Are Reading ().

  • Volar wrote:

    To be fair The summary of all that I see wrong with the server's current state. Is something that I think every Non-Root Admin besides Koala and Alex feels. As for the lower ones Super and down we literally don't have the "gahones" to just say this type of stuff. Most of the other Admins talk in Steam or in Voice about exactly this type of stuff. A good example would be last night where an "Anonymous" Root logged on and Nuked the Server twice as well as spammed cakes to kill players, Kinda like Danes barrels and trains lol. I know I've mentioned to Alex and i believe Koala that if it's necessary we may need to just get a log of everyone's wealth and revert back to the old plugin till BlueRP has some of the major bugs fixed and hammered out as well as a Cop Leveling System and possibly Respect.
    As I wrote in his Admin Application in order to quote Syles. He has some valid points.

  • Looks like I have a fan... I count atleast 3 attempts calling for my firing/resignation... But honestly... how active am I in the server? Not alot anymore. In the past yes I was very active but in recent months/years my career in life has been accelerated upwards. No time to play on the server anymore for a decent amount of time. Also, I don't know what you're talking about tyranny, I just give stupid people a hard time.

    I respect a man who has the testicular fortitude to stand up to people who he thinks are "oppressive and lazy". By all means, myself and everyone else on the staff needs reality checks from time to time.
    Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
    i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
  • VVR You Are Reading wrote:

    I know that you won’t take me seriously, and are just gonna skim through the whole thing, so I’m just gonna make a list so you get every point I make here.
    You underestimate me and the rest of the staff I'm afraid. Most things aren't ignored on this forum. I check every thirty minutes for a new post and carefully read them all and establish my opinion or post some nonsense stuff in just general discussion threads. Now that being said the reason why a lot of things go unchanged is because you, the players, decide not to venture onto the forum. We are here to be staff for you, the members should use that to their advantage and post what they feels needs to be changed.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Core positions of staff have way too much power.

    I agree to a certain extent. I feel the roots do have a lot of power, and we exert from time to time, but we shouldn't be using it as much as I see it done. This isn't just the roots either, lots of the admins would like to accept deny things that in the past they weren't allowed to. BUT now they are, and I think that's a great welcoming change to balance the server's staff.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • The process for choosing a map is completely in the hands of the handful of roots who want it.

    This is a double bladed sword. What I have seen happening in the past is some staff suggest maps, but then others suggest one and because they're a more well liked staff (at least how it appears) their opinion gets the map picked by syle and we end up going to a map a handful of people like but the rest absolutely hate.

    The second part of this is I almost NEVER see a regular player input what maps they want to see. Never.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Anyone that has an intelligent and logical opinion/solution is ignored by staff that have power, or insulted by Dane to insure that a root had a bad say in a good idea.

    I agree that a lot of good ideas go unsaid, or any idea in general. I've made numerous attempts in getting new job ideas inserted, although it would be nice to have the plugin finished first, the whole idea sinks into the forums in a dead thread of ideas that never get noticed. As for dane I have no desire to voice a positive or negative opinion on him, dane is dane.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Branching off of the previous point, roots can single-handedly confirm or nullify any application, new ideas, pitches, and/or forum posts.

    Yes, they can nullify an application if they feel it rite-fully so, although it only happens on very certain circumstances when honestly I think the veto is necissary. Think of it as the U.S. President, it may seem unfair to some, but justified to others. As for the ideas and pitches, you see those go more un-noticed rather than denied.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Non-root administrators make basically no difference, despite all the hard work they put in to make sure the server stays intact.

    I'm not sure what difference you mean by this, please clarify once you read my post.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • The current developers are too inconsistent with their work and need to fix things that should’ve been fixed a long time ago.

    I agree that the current plugin doesn't really have active Devs on it besides syle and Alex doing their best, but Eas has been working on some special things.



    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Root admins; oh boy. This elaboration will be quite long, since it sums up all of my complains about the staff. Let’s go; so, when I come on the server, I usually see that No root admins are playing. This confuses me, because when new maps come on, or any decision comes up, root admins always have the final say in absolutely anything, whether it be with the server itself or the forums. I bet you if all the root admins got together one day, played the server, and tested every (Probably broken) feature they’ve created and had the idea for thus far, they would see the server as a complete mess… And then continue to argue that a fucking Map change is the solution. You need to test what’s already there, and look at the overall experience of the server. Having plants progressively grow into huge-ass trees and having printers and plants need materials is nice and all, but why whenever the map changes, it’s always far from done? Release your updates when they are finished, and stop wasting our time. We’d rather have an outdated plugin that works, rather than a pretty blue one that crashes the server every 9 hours. Admins that don’t play shouldn’t have a say outside of forum features, Ok? Speaking of roots having too much power, when a new idea, cop-administration application, or anything of the sort comes up, every member of staff needs to acknowledge and throw in their 2 cents, position on the discussion matter, or at least something related to the topic at hand.

    I agree with most of that blurb. Most roots /don't/ play. I also feel we spend too much time on prettying the plugin instead of using a fully functional one, and oh boy have we had problems. I do agree release the updates when it's finished, not when we want to push new broken shit out. Also it's not too hard to figure out what's going wrong from other play opinions on the forums and then to HELP, not make, HELP, find a solution to this. Lastly Cop applications and most definitely admin applications sit for some time. So we give plenty of time for everyone, players and staff to put their opinions in.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Next point, Game’s B R O K E N, if those admins that don’t play didn’t notice. That’s pretty much all I have to say about the state of the game right now. Completely unfinished plugin.

    I think most of us are well aware, but yet for some reason we're ignorant in the fact that we would rather test our "solutions" or unfinished plugin on a live server, rather then the (3? test servers we have).



    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • Now when it comes to Non-Root administrators, I always see the brightest minds of the community having no power. The server’s turned itself into a social class system, and this ignorance is shared with all the other small admins and members of the community. If my post isn’t ignored and genuinely considered, I’d be damn impressed.

    No comment needed, I can see your frustration.



    VVR You Are Reading wrote:


    • The admins that are roots, hoo, boy. I really don’t wanna rag on these guys, because, y’know, forum/server bans imminent, but I don’t care at this point. This needs to be heard. Dane; his job’s turned into acting like the top dog and making players quit from his tyrannous and cunt behaviour as a root administrator. I’d say the same principle applies to BPN, but not as much. Eas is surprisingly very respectable and a great guy, but he never plays on the server that he’s working hard to co-produce. Eld, don’t even have me talk about eld (A.K.A elderly from not playing). Syle, My brother, you need to do something about the condition of your poor server, mate. Give the innovators (non-roots) the power to fix your server and they will. Everyone wants to be able to fix your server, but you simply won’t let them. It’s suicide, mate.

    1). No one is going to ban you. I almost have begged people to voice their opions on the forums and actually be active in the community, I'm fucking glad someone finally did. (Yes I have a bind telling people to get on the forums so they can keep up with news and help improve the server).
    2). Again nothing needed dane is dane, don't think I've ever seen him make someone quit when they didn't deserve it.
    3). Pretty sure the only person I see BPN heavily dislike, not even that but rdm the shit out of is koolaid, and just see the stupid shit he does.
    4). I have over 7k hours dedicated the the server of it's lifespan, yes I haven't been that active lately, but unlike most people I DONT AFK, at least not since lineasse was made and released. I have a little over 100 hours in play time on the current eco and none of this is afk. But I'm glad you and other people still like to claim I never play. I have 12 hours already this week. And for one I don't think I've ever seen you in game before.
    5). Yeah syle... We really need to fix some stuff.


    VVR You Are Reading wrote:

    SUMMARY:
    We are all faced by this threat of syle’s extinction, and of all the solutions I have considered ( ((1)). Merging with moonshade, ((2)) firing specific roots, ((3)) and opening up power to the people), good old fashioned Hamerican systems work the best. We need to put the power in the hands of the smartest minds of the common community, and the lower parts of administration. ((4))(I call them the “holy trinity,” : Mr. Bean, 420Alex, and ‘R.I.P Bob’) Developers need to consider the complaints of the community and fix the plugin and improve the system of map choosing. ((5)) (Votes for a new map need to last for more than a fucking day where three people participate and a root chooses anyway regardless of the vote) The server’s on a very little amount of borrowed time, and we need to revive it through these methods and consideration of more than the root administrators. To everyone that reads this, pray with me that the server is fixed through consideration and hard work.
    Best of hopes,
    -VVR
    1). Holy shit do they run there server were almost none of the current populace would want to play there.
    2). You really like to scapegoat don't you? (not meaning any disrespect but firing people isn't going to fix the server.)
    3). It already is. But no one, and I mean no one, besides admins visit this forum or voice their opion.
    4). Bean is a good admin in the sense of players returning and propping but other then that he's not all that great of a mind, he doesn't put out ideas or even visit the forums. Alex, yes I really do like what he's done for the server. Lastly, Bob, Everyone knows I have mixed opinions on him, but he is one of the best admins the server has had. sadly he likes to push shit on people when they make honest mistakes like my case when I got yelled at for bot folollowing the wiki because it was different then the motd and then yelled at the about the motd because it was different then the motd.
    5). pretty sure we had open map discussion for a month and a half on multiple occasions.


    =====
    TL ; DR

    I agree with a lot, but there is a lot you are still ignorant about. You're scapegoating the roots when we usually take advice from what we see, aka the rest of the staff and the players that do voice their opinion, but newsflash, the players don't. So what do we do when the majority rather sit back and watch us take a stab at the right decision?
  • Out of all of these inputs, I respect eld's the most. I most definitely should have acknowledged my ignorance and made it clear that some of the points I make are flat-out wrong, and I would also like to say I took a lot of inspiration to post this from Bobveka. I respect eld's counter-arguments completely and couldn't have said them better myself. The root administration activity is mostly from what I hear on the server, whereas everyone constantly says "Eld never plays, eas never plays, etc,etc." As for Dane's statement, the only reason I stepped up and posted is because nobody has in the declining state of the server.

    -GG
  • Why do you think the only people who have access to the csgo rp (aswell as the current admins for it until further notice) are
    1. Me
    2. Syle
    3. Bobveka


    I no longer develop for HL2DM and retired from that as soon as TF took over development. I will occasionally go behind the scenes to fuck over people who are trying to do stupid shit, as well as fix emergency level things.

    I've been the guy who's tried to spearhead the "administration revamp" many times, and I myself (ask my admins who see my forum posts in the admin section) strongly view against about 80% of the current rules, administration and regulation that goes on. If Syle ever decided some day to say "hey eas go ahead and do what you want with the admin team and rules", you would see me do that in an instant. I guarentee there would be 5+ removals and many demotions after that. I also work closely with Syle on most if not all things, seeing as how we split the power between the two of us, I however consider him to be the only person with power higher than myself. I can't just start demoting people because well one, as much as I'd love to tell the some of the root admins to shut the fuck up and go away and watch them complain, there would be many many people crying things such as "abuse" and "bias". I'm pretty sure the majority of you know by now I really don't give a damn about opinions or how I feel about any of you, when it comes to administration.

    I agree that "Root Administrator" isn't exactly the prestigious title it used to be as well as I disagree with almost every admin seeding currently, I feel as if we almost hand it out nowadays. Basic propping and such is always needed and I believe I see myself saying fuck it and creating an individual rank with permissions to props at some point in the future, but as of now I'm starting to tilt just from seeing what I do on a daily basis (Now that I'm picking up activity in the community recently...)

    My personal opinion is that all roots should be stripped entirely. Regardless of who they might be. I think root administrators should definitely be some of the most active players in the server and why we have some who come on the server for maybe two hours a quarter is completely hairbrained, but why even talk about it because it creates pointless drama?



    Typing this out definitely makes me think maybe now is the time I finally just say fuck it and do it without Syle's word, just go on my own whim and demote all admins and repromote them as I see fit. Demoting regardless of seniority, rank, skill and opinion. Obviously if you are a developer of some sort, you will stay at the rank of developer.

    I also think it's about time I personally rewrite the rules, admin powers and other things of that sort once and for all.
    I've been wanting to do it for almost three years now honestly.
  • "Basic propping and such is always needed and I believe I see myself saying fuck it and creating an individual rank with permissions to props at some point in the future"

    You aren't the only one to have good ideas - I tried to get that going for the recent WestSmoke admin. You are 'right' in saying that if Syle gave you [or anyone] open slather, stuff could be achieved.





    "I also think it's about time I personally rewrite the rules, admin powers and other things of that sort once and for all.

    I've been wanting to do it for almost three years now honestly."



    I keep saying that rules should be coded in. If they can't be coded you don't need them?
    When you do have rules they need to be well written.


    BTW, the admins aren't creating bunches of rules willy nilly - the Owner's structure and the design of the plugins determine many of the requirements. (vide vip shop example below)

    You also need standardisation of admin outlook because the players deserve it. Every admin had a different set of rules when I started in mid 2014. Just 'get the numbers right' in a rule and leave the rest to the admin like you suggested recently isn't enough.

    I would have preferred to have near zero rules. But rules/conditions like "
    Do not sell VIP items to non-VIPs" seem to need to exist. Apparently the rule intends that the items be kept exclusive - but it allows the items to be traded or given.


    - Ages back I posted in the forums that I was opting out and that it had become far too hard to force corrected/reduced/removed/improved rules through.

    - Then I came back to help with some map setup-fuckups and then Cheesy's beaut new plugin debugging. Because that process has taken so long I got sucked into another attempt at 'fixing' the rules situation.
    - I have recently told Syle that I have run into the same difficulties as last time and am opting out of that aspect again.
    addendum:-
    - I have now decided [as a result of Syle's ingame comments] to just go away. Maybe I am on Eas's 'fuck off' list too. I will probably drop in on the game; I might do some other stuff by invitation.
  • Honestly I agree with a lot eas says. I feel like we were just handing out administration to people for awhile but that was because the core admins had mostly gone inactive. There's a few admins I demote and hell I'm one of them.

    A lot of the rules are there though so people just don't say fuck it were leaving these people ban people for no reason. That's kind of a thing. Although I agree that if people cry all the time about shit and think you're abusing just because their mad(kool-aid) it'd be a lot less drama if they weren't there.

    In all honesty the past 8 months have been pretty inactive for me. I really just haven't taken the few opportunity I have to play. That being a few reasons is shit map. Broken ads plugin and just no conflict and when o try to create some everyone yells at me and calls me a bad guy. Honestly the community isn't what is was. I've also had extreme personal problems lately that not even bpn knows about.

    That being said I could understand if I got demoted. I've been more of a forum admin because it's been easier accessible to me. I still care about the community but the shithole and drama it's turned into lately between bobveka koala and me is just stupid. It's like I can't forum an opinion about something and everything I do different from them is wrong. Not only that they tell me to do one thing and I do and I get yelled at to do another.

    Lastly I don't get what's so great about bobveka. He's a good admin that likes to do work but he causes a shit ton of drama and likes to shit talk everyone that isn't him. That includes you eas. He likes to say one thing and then do another or the famous case of me being yelled at for not following the wiki and then I follow the wiki and get yelled at for not following the motd. He's honestly a idiot and I bet he feels the same way as me.

    TL;Dr
    Ye I've been inactive and shot is stupid with the server in some aspects including the plugin plus I've been inactive as hell for personal issues and can understand a demotion. That being said I wouldn't mind being more active in the community and playing again to earn back my shit.
  • if you fire the staff you have to replace them. who are we replacing them with? The rules rewrite has been going on for the past week or so and we already decided on a final version I don't understand why you want to keep re writing the same shit over and over with different wording. IT means the same thing.

    Koala I never said shit to you ingame, I even said you should write me a draft of your wording which you didn't. Crying to me for 2 weeks then I finally give you the go ahead and you say fuck it.

    You wonder why I don't listen.

    Eas if you want to be that next person to RE- RE- write the rules then fine do it, I honestly don't care, the rules are fine as they are when volar posted it in admin section but none of you seem to agree.


    eldrun wrote:

    1). Holy shit do they run there server were almost none of the current populace would want to play there.
    2). You really like to scapegoat don't you? (not meaning any disrespect but firing people isn't going to fix the server.)
    3). It already is. But no one, and I mean no one, besides admins visit this forum or voice their opion.
    4). Bean is a good admin in the sense of players returning and propping but other then that he's not all that great of a mind, he doesn't put out ideas or even visit the forums. Alex, yes I really do like what he's done for the server. Lastly, Bob, Everyone knows I have mixed opinions on him, but he is one of the best admins the server has had. sadly he likes to push shit on people when they make honest mistakes like my case when I got yelled at for bot folollowing the wiki because it was different then the motd and then yelled at the about the motd because it was different then the motd.
    5). pretty sure we had open map discussion for a month and a half on multiple occasions.
    pretty sure this sums it all up.


    Sidezz wrote:

    I agree that "Root Administrator" isn't exactly the prestigious title it used to be as well as I disagree with almost every admin seeding currently, I feel as if we almost hand it out nowadays.
    How? Koala, alex and eld are the only roots, the rest "roots" are developers. And dane. the 3 roots earned it through experience and hard work.

    Dane is a special case. Dane taught me everything I know pretty much. He has stuck around since the beginning, so over 8 years? funded multiple server projects, and opened servers of his own.
    Dane adds a special flavor to the server, he knows this is a game and treats it as such. To say that removing him will solve some problems I find troubling.
    He doesn't really play that much either, he really is here to offer advice, shenanigans in the server and snuff out malicious users, which he has done multiple times.


    Regular players don't understand, just because you are a root doesn't mean you play 24/7. Often times a root is a root because of what they do outside of the game for the community.

    I agree we need ingame present roots, but those are hard to find.

    I employ one after they go through the long admin ranking process(alex) and it usually works out because they are dedicated at that point.

    OR I find some rando off the server who shows me promise in what they can do (eas) (bob) , if they do good work they stay and can be some of the best help we've ever got. However They all have left at one point. Being burnt out of the job or decisions backlash by the users.

    The pool of admins has only gotten smaller with the populace of this game. It is true we have some long time members that may make good admins but how many of them will leave after a month or two of trying? Root is not an easy job and most people cant handle it. Not to mention I have to also trust these people with full access to the server with a chance they could fuck up everything.


    The lower ranks are there so I can give power to people who need it. They absolutely do not need FTp and shit. The most admin work in this game is props. without props we wouldn't need admins to have any other power but ban. Exploits, money loss, glitches should not be handled by a lower admin who does not possess the judgment necessary to handle that situation. IF they do possess such judgment they should be promoted up the ranks as everyone has been before them

    TO say that the ranking system and admins are trash is flat out bullshit. IF people are really so upset about the lack of roots or player input, they should register forum accounts and bitch to use here because this is honestly the first post and wind ive heard of these issues.


  • "Koala I never said shit to you ingame, I even said you should write me a
    draft of your wording which you didn't. Crying to me for 2 weeks then I
    finally give you the go ahead and you say fuck it.
    You wonder why I don't listen."
    I gave up DURING the 2 weeks. Too little too late :) And yeah, it wasn't to me it was to others, same as last time I backed out. I am not moaning about it, it just helped me choose the best course of action. I did notice that you have a couple of guys who are now agonising over their wordings and testing the meaning before they Publish -that's GREAT.


    Here is a no-malice comment from me that should be useful:-

    Seriously though, it is because you actually believe this bit that you wrote...
    "...I don't understand why you want to keep re writing the same shit over and over with different wording. IT means the same thing....."

    They DO NOT say/mean the same thing.
    Look at the in-offensive example I keep quoting:
    MOTD rule says.. "Do not sell VIP items to non-VIPs"

    That wording does NOT do what you want it to. If I/someone reword(s) it to WORK, you can't/shouldn't write the effort off as wasted or un-needed.
  • Koala wrote:

    "Koala I never said shit to you ingame, I even said you should write me a
    draft of your wording which you didn't. Crying to me for 2 weeks then I
    finally give you the go ahead and you say fuck it.
    You wonder why I don't listen."
    I gave up DURING the 2 weeks. Too little too late :) And yeah, it wasn't to me it was to others, same as last time I backed out. I am not moaning about it, it just helped me choose the best course of action. I did notice that you have a couple of guys who are now agonising over their wordings and testing the meaning before they Publish -that's GREAT.


    Here is a no-malice comment from me that should be useful:-

    Seriously though, it is because you actually believe this bit that you wrote...
    "...I don't understand why you want to keep re writing the same shit over and over with different wording. IT means the same thing....."

    They DO NOT say/mean the same thing.
    Look at the in-offensive example I keep quoting:
    MOTD rule says.. "Do not sell VIP items to non-VIPs"

    That wording does NOT do what you want it to. If I/someone reword(s) it to WORK, you can't/shouldn't write the effort off as wasted or un-needed.
    What do you not understand about not selling vip items to regular players? It should probably be removed anyhow. the effect of vip items is not game breaking.
  • "What do you not understand about not selling vip items to regular players? It should probably be removed anyhow. the effect of vip items is not game breaking."

    I agree, dump it. BUT you wanted the stuff exclusive to VIP. Guys figured they could Trade or Giveaway the gear. The rule allowed it.
    Hence the rule was crap for what you wanted - it needed fixing. The fix, hence, DIDN'T say the same thing. Hence my point. If the rule stayed it HAD to be reworded.
    Maybe to this "Do not provide VIP items to non-VIPs"..

    It is BECAUSE you believe that the two versions of the rule SAY the same thing that I can not possibly word rules to suit you. We just live on different planets and will have to agree to disagree :-)


    I'll still try to drop in on the games, and I can always play cop because that is usually useful.
  • DISCLAIMER: I DON'T PLAY EXCEPT TO FUCK AROUND ANY MORE.

    In the days when I was active as a super, then root, the (effective) list of ruleswas much simpler.

    1. Don't be a fucktard.
    2. Don't take this shit too seriously.
    Of course we still had an official set of rules, but they essentialy boiled down to those two.

    Every admin had their own personal interpretation of what constituted being a fucktard, and what constituted taking shit too seriously. As a root, I encouraged admins to use their judgement to resolve issues and end situations that, in their option, harmed the gameplay on the server.

    This worked because we had an admin team that had played on the server long enough to know how the game flowed. Who had convinced Syle and Myself (Yes, me as the Root and Syle as the Owner made the decision on admin promotion with only minor amounts of community input.) that they could, A. Not be a fucktard, and B, Not take themselves & and the game too seriously.

    Anyone who played with me in those days will tell you that I fucking hate rule lawyering and rule lawyers. Unfortuantely, what ends up happening when you have an admin team who doesn't live and breathe the only two rules that deseve to be enforced is a set of strict rules that can't be bent or broken lest you provoke an uproar from the community and/or the rest of the admin team.

    The sad part is that you can't just go back to having only those being the guiding rules that that admins make their decisions based on. The community and the admin team have to be mature (in mindset, not age) enough to make it work without the crutch of THE RULESTM to make their decisions for them.

    TL;DR: Chill the fuck out and play the game.
    Empathize with stupidity and you're halfway to thinking like an idiot.

    The post was edited 5 times, last by Kaljtgg ().