VVR'S Admin App

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• we were just discussing this in game. (with the perfectly qualified kaito who applied and actually plays and actually has an iq above 70)

Glad to see reading is soooo active. I think we should revoke his trial we don't need anymore inactives.

my vote is: fire reading and hire kaito. kaito is so much smarter, mature, and actually plays.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().

• BPN17 wrote:

we were just discussing this in game. (with the perfectly qualified kaito who applied and actually plays and actually has an iq above 70)

Glad to see reading is soooo active. I think we should revoke his trial we don't need anymore inactives.

my vote is: fire reading and hire kaito. kaito is so much smarter, mature, and actually plays.
    Yup
    #HailTheGoldenPoon

The post was edited 1 time, last by BPN17 ().

• You want to quit bashing Thunder and Zak? Thanks.
    Thunder has logged over 20,000 hours in hl2dm alone. I talked to him about this (his inactivity) and he said he was just burnt out. Dont think he just up and quit the server, hes playing newer games, and enjoying them. Same with Zak, discovering new games to play. We cannot and WILL NOT discourage players, and staff to play other games.

We do not pay our admins, so technically, by law of work/profit, they are not legally entitled to stay here.

If youre going to use these arguments to prove your point. Dont.
    Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
    i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
  • it wasn't meant to bash thunders or zak in fact I really, really, like zak and hes always helped me out-no matter what game. I didn't know I was being offensive to you or them. I have the upmost respect for zak, as he has never been anything buy friendly to me. Sorry for bashing them I have very high respect for them both.

my intention was to bash VVR READING.

sorry for any misunderstanding/misinterpretations and using there names as a symbol as inactivity.
  • There's a difference in playing other games and then not playing or contributing to the server at all. Thunder got admin and then up and left. We expect people to actually contribute the server when becoming admin. He's not even active on the forums nor did he say anything.

Plus I guarantee you more than half that 20K hours was afk.

Now with Zack how many months has it been since he's bothered to even check out the server? Last time he's been on the forums was in October and it's May now.

Now I know me saying this is almost like the pot calling the kettle black but I at least try to help the server and get on from time to time and more often then not recently.

But seriously why give people a position on the staff when they don't play? When and if they come back they could just reapply instead of them taking staff positions up when new blood that will actually do something for the server.

I have nothing wrong with either of them. They're great guys. But you can't just reserve a spot for months on end of them being completely inactive.
  • Mr. Dane Vogel wrote:

You want to quit bashing Thunder and Zak? Thanks.
    Thunder has logged over 20,000 hours in hl2dm alone. I talked to him about this (his inactivity) and he said he was just burnt out. Dont think he just up and quit the server, hes playing newer games, and enjoying them. Same with Zak, discovering new games to play. We cannot and WILL NOT discourage players, and staff to play other games.

We do not pay our admins, so technically, by law of work/profit, they are not legally entitled to stay here.

eldrun wrote:

There's a difference in playing other games and then not playing or contributing to the server at all. Thunder got admin and then up and left. We expect people to actually contribute the server when becoming admin. He's not even active on the forums nor did he say anything.

Plus I guarantee you more than half that 20K hours was afk.

Now with Zack how many months has it been since he's bothered to even check out the server? Last time he's been on the forums was in October and it's May now.

Now I know me saying this is almost like the pot calling the kettle black but I at least try to help the server and get on from time to time and more often then not recently.

But seriously why give people a position on the staff when they don't play? When and if they come back they could just reapply instead of them taking staff positions up when new blood that will actually do something for the server.

I have nothing wrong with either of them. They're great guys. But you can't just reserve a spot for months on end of them being completely inactive.
    I can agree with the don't bash them part, though I don't really know Thunder, more in Defense of Zak. I accidentally stole Zak to 7 Days Server after I got sucked into it. He loves building so he hasn't been back, he also logged a ton of hours in the game.

Now as for Elds post I can agree as-well. It's been a long time with no word. I feel they should be set to Inactive or Retired Admin until they want to return. This way they are still remembered for what they have done in the past and if they ever return they could ask to be reinstated.

This is an old game, almost 12 years. Some people are going to want to do other things or life may catch them and not let go. Some games that are out now look quite promising to play and can give the people that have only seen the same thing over and over again for months or years a much needed break. We shouldn't discourage this but we should at least get a notice of some sort, something to tell us we need to look else where while they are gone or a statement asking for a leave of absence.(Like what Miracles left behind before).

• Mr. Dane Vogel wrote:

You want to quit bashing Thunder and Zak? Thanks.

I wouldn't call it bashing, in fact none of us have anything against them. They're just the example of people that got high up in admin rank and decided do do something else. Nothing wrong with that. But at some point it should be time to put the inactives into retirement to make room for the actives that are currently interested in hl2dm.

We used to have a full admin team with roots, elites, supers, basics and trials all active and logging on

We're headed back to that era, but an admin-list cleanup (retiring them) would do us some good in moving forward to a more active time.
    sniper santa misslelauncher