Under 5 Hours Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Under 5 Hours Discussion

After watching the Server this past Three or so weeks I've noticed players Under 5 need more help.

Now we all already know the gripe that Under 5 Need a Protection System and maybe a Model of their own so it's easier to distinguish them but thats for another Thread and another time.
      This thread is for you players to give me some input on something I think would help us keep more Under 5 Hour Players(New Players).

On the Previous Plugin we had a Noob Care Package. When you logged on you received X amount of cash in your bank and some start off items/guns.

I'd honestly like to get a Noob Care Package going again to help the new guys do more than Sanitation or Robbing.

We get a lot of new players that join and leave due to getting bored and several make it to 5 hours and instantly become heavily targeted for RDM and such. In just 5 hours of play there really isn't much you can accomplish cash wise to start off for yourself. The first couple of hours is them learning the Server and running around getting small amounts of cash unless an older player gives them some cash and helps start them off.

So my suggestion would be as follows.
      1. We increase the Under 5 Hour Protection to 10 Hours to give new players more time to adjust and a better foot to stand on when "Open Season" occurs.
      2. We increase the Under 5 Hours to 7 Hours and give a minor Noob Care Package. Maybe something like $7,500, 2 Rev, 2 Shotgun, 2 Crowbar, 2 SMG, 2 Pistol, 2 Water, 2 Seeds, 2 Battery, 2 Paper and 2 Ink.
      3. We leave the Under 5 alone and give a better Noob Care Package. Maybe along the lines of the old one so $15,000, 7 Rev, 7 Shotgun, 7 Crowbar, 7 SMG, 7 Pistol, 7 Water, 7 Seeds, 7 Battery, 7 Paper and 7 Ink.

I honestly would like Player input on this as much as Admin input hence being in an open thread area.

• I'd like to see opinions of players who are pretty new. Or remember their experience as a new player tbh.

But I do agree the system we have now isn't good because player retention lately isn't all that great.

I'd like them to start out with enough to get a few printers going in case one gets stolen along with some extra spending cash for when they hit "open season"
    • I like the idea of further incentives for new players. While I was lucky enough to have a friend on the server when I first started , many are not. I'm not sure if weapons and other inventory items should be given out at first though. I'd rather a player start with a small bank instead , then they could experience the choices and fun of purchasing items with a specific career in mind. Also I believe that arming new players at the get go , might lead to some premature conflicts for them. Extending the protection time for these players seems like a great idea also.

So my suggestion would be:

- We increase the Under 5 Hours to 7 Hours and give a starting bank account of 5 k.
    • As a new player myself, The first 5 hours was no where near enough time for me to get a good enough start into the server. I loaded in and realized quickly that without a house I can't do Printing/Growing. Which is fine however the other jobs don't pay nearly enough to get enough money for a house. Another issue being that jobs like prostitute and medic are pointless since there aren't nearly enough players to justify spending hours on that job.

Back to the main issue of what should be done for new players I would vote on adding your original "noob package" The hardest part about being new was once I hit 6 hours I immediately had to start spending all the money I had earned on weapons to defend myself. Lucky for me Koolaid gave me enough money to buy a house and even with that it was still difficult because growing drugs require watching over your plants with weapons and people love targeting new players due to the lack of locks on the house.

Besides adding a noob package for all the new players another personal suggestion I think would help would be to simply up the pay slightly on certain jobs. Sanitation is great except sometimes trash just doesn't spawn for a while and after just walking in circles for an hour you made just a thousand dollars. Drug Runner could be amazing if it was altered to essentially have a leveling system to it. You start off with the 20-40 dollar runs and can level up to do the more hardcore drugs and make 100-200 dollars a run, Also quick side note about drugrunner is that it sucks when you are not a VIP and the run is to a VIP NPC and you have to cancel it and wait to do the job again. Robber is great and I personally feel as if it doesn't have to be altered it's just I feel that we shouldn't rely on a single job for all new people to play as just to get enough money for a house, which even with robber takes hours upon hours assuming you don't get killed while robbing and lose what you just stole.

Sorry for the long rant
    • syle22 wrote:

like 4 years ago it was 10 hours but we changed it for some reason. Now we are going back for some other reason.

Im for the starting bank , that can be easily set. How much do you start with now?
      Literally ZERO. There is no Care Package right now. Which is why I suggested one of the three above.

HAND OF DOOM wrote:

I like the idea of further incentives for new players. While I was lucky enough to have a friend on the server when I first started , many are not. I'm not sure if weapons and other inventory items should be given out at first though. I'd rather a player start with a small bank instead , then they could experience the choices and fun of purchasing items with a specific career in mind. Also I believe that arming new players at the get go , might lead to some premature conflicts for them. Extending the protection time for these players seems like a great idea also.

So my suggestion would be:

- We increase the Under 5 Hours to 7 Hours and give a starting bank account of 5 k.
      Whether they get cash or weapons if they are the type to start RDMing they will. The old Package had weapons and it gives players a ''taste'' of what the game is like with equipping and such right off the bat. Right now when a player joins and I tell them /items then escape for inventory they always reply "Help I have no items". Giving them something in their Inventory atleast allows them to see for themselves instantly once knowing the command. Old Package was 15k start off(Enough for a Ghetto Apartment on some maps). That Package got you going though you could run out quite fast and that was when things were overall cheaper. Now everything is more expensive. A Printer is 5k by itself without materials for instance.

Phantom373 wrote:

As a new player myself, The first 5 hours was no where near enough time for me to get a good enough start into the server. I loaded in and realized quickly that without a house I can't do Printing/Growing. Which is fine however the other jobs don't pay nearly enough to get enough money for a house. Another issue being that jobs like prostitute and medic are pointless since there aren't nearly enough players to justify spending hours on that job.

Back to the main issue of what should be done for new players I would vote on adding your original "noob package" The hardest part about being new was once I hit 6 hours I immediately had to start spending all the money I had earned on weapons to defend myself. Lucky for me Koolaid gave me enough money to buy a house and even with that it was still difficult because growing drugs require watching over your plants with weapons and people love targeting new players due to the lack of locks on the house.

Besides adding a noob package for all the new players another personal suggestion I think would help would be to simply up the pay slightly on certain jobs. Sanitation is great except sometimes trash just doesn't spawn for a while and after just walking in circles for an hour you made just a thousand dollars. Drug Runner could be amazing if it was altered to essentially have a leveling system to it. You start off with the 20-40 dollar runs and can level up to do the more hardcore drugs and make 100-200 dollars a run, Also quick side note about drugrunner is that it sucks when you are not a VIP and the run is to a VIP NPC and you have to cancel it and wait to do the job again. Robber is great and I personally feel as if it doesn't have to be altered it's just I feel that we shouldn't rely on a single job for all new people to play as just to get enough money for a house, which even with robber takes hours upon hours assuming you don't get killed while robbing and lose what you just stole.

Sorry for the long rant
      I agree for the most part. I'm glad someone whom just started off was able to speak about their experience.

Sanitation can go either way, sometimes the Server is flooded in trash while other times it's barren(Usually after a restart or crash). A small buff could help.

Drug Runner I've already complained about non Vips getting VIP only NPC for a run. I think the VIP Vendor need to be excluded from the Drug Runner Job.

• 420alex wrote:

Volar wrote:

Literally ZERO. There is no Care Package right now. Which is why I suggested one of the three above.
      I think he's asking what you'd recommend for starter money

syle22 wrote:

How much do you start with now?
      That sounds like and is written like a question, I could be mistaking. However my Three Suggestions are above and numbered. I'm asking players what they feel would be a fair starting package.

I like 2. We increase the Under 5 Hours to 7 Hours and give a minor Noob Care Package. Maybe something like $7,500, 2 Rev, 2 Shotgun, 2 Crowbar, 2 SMG, 2 Pistol, 2 Water, 2 Seeds, 2 Battery, 2 Paper and 2 Ink. I feel it's the most balanced of the Three Choices.