Should These Be The New Prop Rules - Poll Included.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should These Be The New Prop Rules - Poll Included.

Should The List Below Be Our Prop Rules? 19

The result is only visible to the participants.

Volar wrote:

Volar wrote:

These are what I'd like to see as Propping Rules. Can we get some agrees or disagrees to get this hashed out.

Admin Propping Rules - See Wiki for Examples.

1. Resize command may be used on Non-One-Way-View props. One Way View props may only be used on inaccessible windows.

2. Props must be placed in a way that Shoot Outs are "Fair" for both sides.

3. Black may not be used in Mazes or in groups which create a Black-Out Room.

4. Transparent Props must be easily identified upon entering a home.

5. Props that require an Admin to Unfreeze them after a Restart or Crash are Prohibited.

Admin Propping Wiki

Resize is to be used on props for Cosmetic purposes or to block a window while allowing the player to still be able to see out of it while not being seen. If used to block a window then said window needs to be inaccessible. Glass Doors or Windows that are doors are Prohibited from having a One-Way-View prop.

Fair to both sides means that Both Players can see and shoot at one another. It is also considered Fair if a Player can see the other Player but not be able to fire at them. If a Player can see the other and shoot at them but the Player being fired at cannot see and shoot back then it is considered Unfair.

Black-Out Rooms are rooms where a Player enters and can only see Black causing the Player to get Disoriented. Black-Out Mazes are the same idea but have Black Props hidden inside that create a route that a Player must traverse to get to the end.

Transparency must be easily seen when the prop is within the Players View. Exceptions being Props behind other Props or in other rooms, however these props must still meet the Transparency when coming into view.

Volar wrote:

Thats why I wrote "Fairs" meaning in the Wiki part. Ideally the House should always be propped in a way thats leaning more towards the tenant since they live there. Basically One-Way-See Throughs due to Resize are ruled out due to being overly advantageous to the tenant.

Read Above and Fill Out the Poll Please.

If you have anything you'd like to add in or change or don't want at all then reply and let's discuss it.

#HomeInvasion2016

• Mike, there's a difference between defending your base and making fucking d-day in your living room. Most houses they way they have now have no chance of a cop getting inside of your home, it's just not fair at all.

I agree we shouldn't restrict things too much but things are just out of hand. I hate restricting things but the ./resize command just fucked with things.
  • eldrun wrote:

To the people that voted maybe with a few changed. I would like yout to post what you would like to see changed.
    The only thing I didn't agree completely with was - 5. Props that require an Admin to Unfreeze them after a Restart or Crash are Prohibited.

I personally like having gravity doors and things like that as I think they add a fun bit of a challenge to houses. Obviously they wouldn't be transparent or colored in such a way as to make them harder to see/use but I don't see why we should rid the server of them except for the fact that they need to be unfrozen every restart/crash.

Other than that I have no complaints with the proposed rules.
  • Lol cops got me in EVERY propped house I made crime in. Why make it easier? It would take all the fun. Skill cuff is OP all the way and let the players play! Let them cooperate with other cops, spray down houses..

Do not let this rules come in again, don't restrict it all again.

@BPN17,@eldrun: no offense at you both but your DM time on this map is near death. Go make some DM against cops and then come back an rethink your posts please.

Current RP is not about planting all day, printing all day and get your locks broken and stuff stolen.
  • eldrun wrote:

Mike, there's a difference between defending your base and making fucking d-day in your living room. Most houses they way they have now have no chance of a cop getting inside of your home, it's just not fair at all.

I agree we shouldn't restrict things too much but things are just out of hand. I hate restricting things but the ./resize command just fucked with things.
    sorry for so much Eldrun quotes but I would like to emphasise this too
  • eldrun wrote:

although I agree skillcuffs are stupid.

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

eldrun wrote:

although I agree skillcuffs are stupid.
    xbow is ok but smg nade cuff is fucking savage that area of effect which cuffs is incredible and 2stronk
    You should really check out some of my house designs in game. Most the ones I've made are set up in a way that only Crossbow can Cuff you from the front door(if at all) SMG Nades and Nades explosions get no where near where the player would be AFKing or Ready for Combat.

Phantom373 wrote:

eldrun wrote:

To the people that voted maybe with a few changed. I would like yout to post what you would like to see changed.
    My only change would be to instead of making resizing only for the cosmetic but instead just limit or keep it the way it is.
    The MOTD part is the part that matters, it doesn't say anywhere that it can't be used on Solid Props that both sides can't see through. It restricts One-Way-View Props Aka The current OP Tvs and the likes.
    The Wiki part is something most players will never see since no one goes and reads the wiki. It's meant for Example so Admins can get a better idea of what is and isn't okay.

MOTD = Resize command may be used on Non-One-Way-View props. One Way View props may only be used on inaccessible windows. The first part there allows it on anything that is Not a One-Way-View Prop.

eldrun wrote:

Mike, there's a difference between defending your base and making fucking d-day in your living room. Most houses they way they have now have no chance of a cop getting inside of your home, it's just not fair at all.

I don't think you've had the great time of entering a Black-Out Maze yet. I'll make one and save it for you so you can see how fucking dumb they are.

• but me and koip are mostly concerned(regarding skill cuffs) about being in combat and a cop out with zero skill shoots a Smg nade to cuff you. It has nothing to do with propping but this gives the cops a HUGE advantage on the street if you aren't fast enough to blow it up with your ggun