Should These Be The New Prop Rules - Poll Included.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beefy's Proposed Rules :

1. Resize command may be used on Non-One-Way-View props. One Way View props may only be used on inaccessible windows.

2. Props must be placed in a way that Shoot Outs are "Fair" for both sides.

3. Black may not be used in Mazes or in groups which create a Black-Out Room.

4. Transparent Props must be easily identified upon entering a home.

5. Props that require an Admin to Unfreeze them after a Restart or Crash are Prohibited.

These upgrades look great Beefy. I say we give these a try. This discussion has gone on too long in my opinion.
  • Mike wrote:

Lol cops got me in EVERY propped house I made crime in. Why make it easier? It would take all the fun. Skill cuff is OP all the way and let the players play! Let them cooperate with other cops, spray down houses..

Do not let this rules come in again, don't restrict it all again.

@BPN17,@eldrun: no offense at you both but your DM time on this map is near death. Go make some DM against cops and then come back an rethink your posts please.

Current RP is not about planting all day, printing all day and get your locks broken and stuff stolen.
    im starting to like this more,

however what if we revert back to the non tracer system for crime? the rings for lower crime values and bounty line for bounty. Cops would have to search more for people but if we implement better furnature rules, all they need to do is kickdoor. Cop would also need a real ranking system, which is on hold untill cheesy gets a break from school.
  • syle22 wrote:

Mike wrote:

Lol cops got me in EVERY propped house I made crime in. Why make it easier? It would take all the fun. Skill cuff is OP all the way and let the players play! Let them cooperate with other cops, spray down houses..

Do not let this rules come in again, don't restrict it all again.

@BPN17,@eldrun: no offense at you both but your DM time on this map is near death. Go make some DM against cops and then come back an rethink your posts please.

Current RP is not about planting all day, printing all day and get your locks broken and stuff stolen.
    im starting to like this more,
    however what if we revert back to the non tracer system for crime? the rings for lower crime values and bounty line for bounty. Cops would have to search more for people but if we implement better furnature rules, all they need to do is kickdoor. Cop would also need a real ranking system, which is on hold untill cheesy gets a break from school.
    I have a Black Out Room Maze up right now that is kinda easier than in a house since the Map Light is effecting the Tvs. If you want to see how bad it is you should come in map and have us whip you up one.

I'd be fine if we went back to Circles. Skill Cuffs are that OP in houses that are built to be bunkers as we have now. On the streets on the other hand they are a nuisance.

Grav Doors cause too much of a hassle and when combined with other props for cover, ect you can't get to the player or shoot them since you're having to use your grav gun to open up the room and run in. All the while getting shot OR the more prominent thing there are SLAMs attached on the other side that kill you as you open it or enter.

No offense to Mike but he hasn't made an actual Cop Bunker yet it a tight house with Resized Screens and Black Out + Mini Maze with fences and blast proof walls to hide behind while being able to see the front door.

• I'm not talking about cop bunkers, I was talking about the propped Appartments that we currently have. I don't know why you would change the current setup as Cops can still get anyone inside their buildings - make it more difficult - why easier? The more crime you have the more people want to get your ass.

If you limit skill cuff to crossbow only if that would be possible I would say yes but right now you just need to throw a rocket through any build and catch the criminal straight away.

I highly suggest not to make it easier for people - you people say it's "unfair" not to see ppl through one-way props lol it's not. You can't sit in there forever.

Don't set any prop rules at all - we WILL come back to it's old state of you do so.
  • Mike wrote:

I'm not talking about cop bunkers, I was talking about the propped Appartments that we currently have. I don't know why you would change the current setup as Cops can still get anyone inside their buildings - make it more difficult - why easier? The more crime you have the more people want to get your ass.

If you limit skill cuff to crossbow only if that would be possible I would say yes but right now you just need to throw a rocket through any build and catch the criminal straight away.

I highly suggest not to make it easier for people - you people say it's "unfair" not to see ppl through one-way props lol it's not. You can't sit in there forever.

Don't set any prop rules at all - we WILL come back to it's old state of you do so.
    Cop Bunkers ARE what we current have for the majority of players. Actually play cop and try to skill cuff people inside their homes with an SMG or Nade. Good luck unless they are already trying to leave the apartment. We could go back to the old prop rules, I honestly wouldn't care but you'd be whining up a storm real quick that you can do almost nothing with a house. This set atleast gives you the ability to still make bunkers just without Grav Doors and Resize'd One-Way-Views.

Edit - Adding in an Example of the Old House Setups. Just so you could see how far we've really come and how much we actually wouldn't be stepping back.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Volar ().

• It took me (and I counted) 19 tries with two other cops to get to kaito in his house awhile back. Imagine if we had to kick door each time. Plus his house is one of the EASIER ones. You can't possibly skill cuff them in the house because there is fences and barricades and resize, you shoot a nade and you kill yourself. It really makes it so cops don't kick door.

Again I'm not saying restrict everything. But holy shit some of the bases are stupid hard. BLACKOUT mazes and RESIZE to see one way and shoot though both, are the only thing I have a problem with. The rest should be unrestricted, i'm iffy on gravity doors tbh.
  • eldrun wrote:

It took me (and I counted) 19 tries with two other cops to get to kaito in his house awhile back. Imagine if we had to kick door each time. Plus his house is one of the EASIER ones. You can't possibly skill cuff them in the house because there is fences and barricades and resize, you shoot a nade and you kill yourself. It really makes it so cops don't kick door.

Again I'm not saying restrict everything. But holy shit some of the bases are stupid hard. BLACKOUT mazes and RESIZE to see one way and shoot though both, are the only thing I have a problem with. The rest should be unrestricted, i'm iffy on gravity doors tbh.
    Those are the Main things covered under my prop rules. The only other thing you didn't mention was Transparency. If I don't limit it as a rule then players can just request invisible props which resize can already accomplish when the prop is made big enough. The image grows but the base model stays where it is.

• So I made my house into a Black-Out Room. Very minimal maze but uses all 15 props from VIP, though I could take out minimum 2 maximum 5 and this thing still work and be 100% broken.

dropbox.com/s/s6g8odx7mvi4hup/dark.dem?dl=0
    This is a several minute video with several players attempting just to navigate my house and getting lost in it with little to no places to actually trip over.

dropbox.com/s/p2wtti5xtbe7s8f/darkroomcrimelines.dem?dl=0
    This is a video showing me navigate my house after setting WestSmokes crime to a high number so that a bounty line would show. While outside the Door I can see the line but as soon as I enter this horrid place the Black-Out props eat the line and give Zero indication of where WestSmoke is. Upon getting to the back and being able to see him the line reappears.

These Two Videos are my "Evidence/Reasoning" behind why Black-Out Rooms and even more so Black-Out Mazes should be banned as stated in the above set of Prop Rules.

This house would be a ton easier to navigate with maybe 4 props turned from Black to a different color but would still devour the light of bounty lines and flashlights.

• Greaser wrote:

Gravity doors are not OP at all. If 2 cops rush in they can easily cuff you. And it costs rebels a lot of money to put slams down. I don't agree with the blackout mazes tho. Especially after I've seen what beefdicks can do.
    Easily Cuff you? You're assuming it's a Gravity Door like the one in Nightmares house. The ones I've seen just unlock the first part of the house and lead to a fence maze, while allowing the player to shoot at you as you use the Gravity Door since Gravity Doors don't have to be a solid object neither do the props around said door.

• Volar wrote:

Greaser wrote:

Gravity doors are not OP at all. If 2 cops rush in they can easily cuff you. And it costs rebels a lot of money to put slams down. I don't agree with the blackout mazes tho. Especially after I've seen what beefdicks can do.
    Easily Cuff you? You're assuming it's a Gravity Door like the one in Nightmares house. The ones I've seen just unlock the first part of the house and lead to a fence maze, while allowing the player to shoot at you as you use the Gravity Door since Gravity Doors don't have to be a solid object neither do the props around said door.
    I never said anything about fences. I don't like mazes at all and they should be banned, but a gravity door by itself would be fine. Just a single gravity door nothing else.
    #HailTheGoldenPoon
  • Greaser wrote:

Volar wrote:

Greaser wrote:

I never said anything about fences. I don't like mazes at all and they should be banned, but a gravity door by itself would be fine. Just a single gravity door nothing else.
    That's the problem though. If allowed to exist it won't just be a Gravity Door by itself. If all the doors were like Nightmares(A small Printer/Planter room) then I'd be fine with them but they won't be.

• Volar wrote:

That's the problem though. If allowed to exist it won't just be a Gravity Door by itself. If all the doors were like Nightmares(A small Printer/Planter room) then I'd be fine with them but they won't be.
    you could right rules limiting the use of gravity doors. Making them only very basic like nightmares.
    #HailTheGoldenPoon
  • Greaser wrote:

Volar wrote:

you could right rules limiting the use of gravity doors. Making them only very basic like nightmares.
    MOTD is meant to be short and sweet. I'd rather just abolish them than try to word out something short that says everything it needs to. Can always bring them back if players want to make a Thread about it and vote to have it brought back and limited.

• ratified
    ADMIN PROP RULES
    1. Resize command may be used on Non-One-Way-View props. One Way View props may only be used on inaccessible windows.

Put in coditional rules and admin rules
  • syle22 wrote:

ratified
    ADMIN PROP RULES

Put in conditional rules and admin rules
    Alright then. Gravity Doors in then.

Why in Both Rules? Couldn't it just be a Stand Alone set that simply says "Admin Prop Rules".

Edit - Ah I see the Rules are already in both. I'm about to leave so I'll enforce and clear the map tomorrow of any Props that break these.