Cop Rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Name: Goner
      Steam id: STEAM_0:0:1451339

Hello, unfortunately I am not exactly sure about format for suggestions so will post this for now and clean it up later if needed.
      But what I want to talk about is maybe some updates for cop rules.

1. "Do not switch back and forth between Rebel and Cop."
      -There are times when an individual will switch to a cop to arrest someone or get someone out of jail and within the next 5 mins switch back to rebel. Reasons why this is bad is because there are times other cops are on so they could deal with the arrest or take care of bribes (though not always the case). Yet, some people will go cop to take advantage of the health/weapons of cops as they switch back to rebel and show favoritism.
      +Solution: Please extend the cool down time for switching between rebel and cop. The current time is 1 min but I think it should be lengthened to 30 minutes minimum. Seems a bit much, but its so that cop can't be used as an advantage and people commit to doing civil protection duties.

2. Yet, some people will go cop to take advantage of the health/weapons of cops as they switch back to rebel"
      -So some people switch to cop while jailed so while appearing still under the rebel column, they are actually a cop with cop health/weapons. Then they can easily switch jobs at a npc and then have cop weapons and health/suit to kill other rebels. They can also stay as a cop but in a rebel model.
      +Solution: Make it so switching from cop to rebel revokes all weapons and added health/suit. Or if this is a jail bug, make it so one can not switch to cop while jailed.

3. Having a cop play time minimum per month
      -Honestly, having people actually play cops is hard enough, but I think we need a minimum amount of hours of cop time played to keep one's cop status. There are so many people to apply for cop, but don't actually play cop for more than 10 mins a day despite having played for 10hrs+ on the server. Of course if there are already cops playing then yeah, no need to change, but that's often not the case.
      +Solution: Make a 40 hour minimum a month of cop time to keep one's cop status. If people see almost 1.2 hrs a day of cop a hassle, they aren't adding in the cop division. This is a good way to see dedicated people that help makes cop better on this server. Of course adding new jobs as a cop will help. (Of course this seems like a adding of another plugin or coding of some kind so may not be easy, just an idea)

4. Cop xp and Cop jobs
      -With the lack of cop jobs and a chance at advancement there is a lack of cop members. I know it was mentioned before about bringing cop xp and such.
      +Solution: Try making this update a priority. In getting the cop xp put in and also figuring out ways for cops to make money in other ways. This way you can have a bigger cop team with people actually wanting to play cop.

So thanks again for taking the time to consider these.
    • Goner wrote:

Name: Goner
      Steam id: STEAM_0:0:1451339

Hello, unfortunately I am not exactly sure about format for suggestions so will post this for now and clean it up later if needed.
      But what I want to talk about is maybe some updates for cop rules.

1. "Do not switch back and forth between Rebel and Cop."
      -There are times when an individual will switch to a cop to arrest someone or get someone out of jail and within the next 5 mins switch back to rebel. Reasons why this is bad is because there are times other cops are on so they could deal with the arrest or take care of bribes (though not always the case). Yet, some people will go cop to take advantage of the health/weapons of cops as they switch back to rebel and show favoritism.
      +Solution: Please extend the cool down time for switching between rebel and cop. The current time is 1 min but I think it should be lengthened to 30 minutes minimum. Seems a bit much, but its so that cop can't be used as an advantage and people commit to doing civil protection duties.

2. Yet, some people will go cop to take advantage of the health/weapons of cops as they switch back to rebel"
      -So some people switch to cop while jailed so while appearing still under the rebel column, they are actually a cop with cop health/weapons. Then they can easily switch jobs at a npc and then have cop weapons and health/suit to kill other rebels. They can also stay as a cop but in a rebel model.
      +Solution: Make it so switching from cop to rebel revokes all weapons and added health/suit. Or if this is a jail bug, make it so one can not switch to cop while jailed.

3. Having a cop play time minimum per month
      -Honestly, having people actually play cops is hard enough, but I think we need a minimum amount of hours of cop time played to keep one's cop status. There are so many people to apply for cop, but don't actually play cop for more than 10 mins a day despite having played for 10hrs+ on the server. Of course if there are already cops playing then yeah, no need to change, but that's often not the case.
      +Solution: Make a 40 hour minimum a month of cop time to keep one's cop status. If people see almost 1.2 hrs a day of cop a hassle, they aren't adding in the cop division. This is a good way to see dedicated people that help makes cop better on this server. Of course adding new jobs as a cop will help. (Of course this seems like a adding of another plugin or coding of some kind so may not be easy, just an idea)

4. Cop xp and Cop jobs
      -With the lack of cop jobs and a chance at advancement there is a lack of cop members. I know it was mentioned before about bringing cop xp and such.
      +Solution: Try making this update a priority. In getting the cop xp put in and also figuring out ways for cops to make money in other ways. This way you can have a bigger cop team with people actually wanting to play cop.

So thanks again for taking the time to consider these.
      1. Is against the Rules but it's hard to enforce since most don't tell an Admin. I was told of such occurrence but it was done the previous night when I was not online thus I couldn't witness action = hands tied. I mean I warned said players but that won't necessarily stop the problem.

An extended timer would be good 20-30 minutes sounds great but I have noticed that when the Server Crashes or Restarts that said timer(60 seconds at the moment) is active. So for the first 30 minutes of the Server coming back up no one could go Cop unless an Admin swapped their team for them. - I would then suggest Rebel to Cop have no timer but Cop to Rebel be 20-30 minutes. If we could have this code change it should fully benefit the Server.

2. This is literally a Jail Bug. Now what you may not know is as soon as they die they are put on the cop team unless they chose a job, if they chose a job then they would spawn as that job without cop weapons and health.

Now speaking of Cop Weapons and Armor as Rebel that brings me to the note of Off Duty Cop. If a Cop doesn't walk and do an action with what seems like 5 minutes they get auto-swapped to Off Duty Cop.
      Off Duty Cop shows as Rebel Team but keeps all weapons and armor, if killed they lose them and no longer swap with either BUT what about if they aren't killed? Since they are Rebel (Red Team) does that allow them to then kill other Rebels (Red Team) as they see fit?

Also this brings the possible Timer Extension into question since they could then wait 5 minutes to be swapped to Off Duty Cop then run to a job change NPC and swap jobs. I feel Off Duty Cop needs to be reworked or readjusted in some way to stop this.

3. I feel is a good idea but would end up causing more problems and need decent coding since what if said Player didn't log on for 15 days out of said month and couldn't get more than an hour or two per day out of the days he was able to log on, they should be punished for it?

40 also seems rather high, 30 would be better since thats closer to the number of days on average in a month(30 5/12 days (ignoring leap years). That means that the best we could do is to have 5 months of 31 days and 7 months of 30 days). An hour a day on average isn't too much to ask for but the point above still stands.

4. This does need to come into play still. I've been asking for a real Cop Exp System to be put in place for a month or two now, without it Cop feels rather meaningless. It boils down to other players telling me or another Admin that said Cop is doing a great job and has been very active please promote.

I would honestly love some sort of other Job a Cop can do while there is no active crime. I've inquired about it several times and mention Cop cash per hour needs to be upped to compensate for how far behind it is compared to Rebels. This however requires more Coding.

All in all those are great points Goner, I encourage more players to post and get their opinion out there. We can only fix or amend a system with more people communicating.

• Goner brings up some great ideas that have been on my mind for several weeks now as well. I certainly appreciate him bringing this topic to the forefront.

1. "Do not switch back and forth between Rebel and Cop." -- I've seen a need for this rule to be more clearly defined. I think Goners idea of a 30 minute cool down time is a perfect solution for several types of possible cop abuse. It would be great if it could be coded in.

3. "Having a cop play time minimum per month" -- I would absolutely love to see this type of idea implemented. In most Cop applications we hear the promise of many hours to be dedicated to THE FORCE. I've seen several cop jobs go virtually unused since inception. Some players "use" their position as cop only when convenient or suggested by others. It would be great to add a little pressure to the privilege of wearing the badge. Maybe we'd lose 40 or 50 posers in the first month , oh well ... GG
      It does look like this idea might be a challenge to execute however (tracking hours , coding etc.) , but I think it's brilliant , and should be seriously considered.

4. "Cop xp and Cop jobs" -- I've always like the sound of this idea. I'm very competitive by nature , and I would enjoy comparing my stats to others in the cop field. That said , I think it's too late to put this one into action now. We have many well established cops on our server , I can't imagine sending them back to recruit at this time. Cheesy's cop XP program is an excellent idea , I just think we should save it for our next total wipe/restart.
    • Maybe if there's a way to code into it you could tell it to make someone's wait time be longer if they switch a certain amount in a span of time? Ik it's already a rule and yeah it's hard to enforce sometimes as volar says,

2. I thought the wait for switching to off duty was 10-15 minutes, I figure that's a long enough time where it'd be a waste of time to switch you might as well buy some armor but that's my opinion and if it's 5 minutes it's faster, maybe extend it

3. Losing cop for not playing cop sounds like a good thing but sometimes people do have life events (I may be biased) and can't get into game to play for a month or two, it can be unfair, we also do get reset here and there with some map changes so it happens that way sometimes as well

4. I completely agree with volar on this one
      #HailTheGoldenPoon
    • So with the issues with number 3. Of course coding and actually keeping track is whole other problem. But with said "life events" people are dealing with, how about if we see them at least post on the forum for the reason of their absence and if they are truly not on the server for that said time. Like actually give a time frame of why there were gone and obviously with unexpected circumstances, maybe make a post when they can about their absence and etc.
    • Well the more Cops story is a lil bit hmm you know ?
      See its like player on the server flame and cry or do good stuff to get the cop .But then i see it more and more some player have now cop but not rly use it xD and still play more and more Rebel ^^
      More Aktiv Cops and not more Cops you see my Point ?

cookie :thumbup:
    • 3. maybe this is an easier fix, how about we just filter out the non dedicated cops by changing the app criteria itself

perhaps by making the required hours played on server to apply for cops -higher than 40 hours? maybe like 200 hours?

because i notice that new ones pass 40 hours right away and get cop, then they get boreddddd.....

my idea behind this is, rebels whove been rebels long enough SHOULD dedicate more to being cops because they have more experience of being rebels- and would naturally want something new...

(my hypothesis) the source of the issue is rebels are becoming cop too early only to realize being rebel is alot more fun (my hypothesis)

tl:dr i think we're giving cops a tad to eaasily

The post was edited 1 time, last by duer ().

• Yeah I agree with Duer. Seems like everyone that's just about hitting 40 hrs seems to have cop all in their back pocket. Rather than saying we have a high demand of cops, why not focus on keeping the cops you have as it is. So I agree that the job needs to be revamped, but there are also a need to see who actually playing cop and who isn't.
    • duer wrote:

tl:dr i think we're giving cops a tad to eaasily

Goner wrote:

Yeah I agree with Duer. Seems like everyone that's just about hitting 40 hrs seems to have cop all in their back pocket. Rather than saying we have a high demand of cops, why not focus on keeping the cops you have as it is. So I agree that the job needs to be revamped, but there are also a need to see who actually playing cop and who isn't.
      You are 100% right with everyone and their mother having Cop. The thing is they get a taste of a job that has literally nothing to do when there is no crime happening and end up saying "Fuck that".

Very few players whom get Cop actually stick with it. I applied for Cop shortly after hitting 40 hours of play when I first started. I have played maybe 5 hours of Rebel since getting a taste of Cop. The difference between then and now though is when I joined we had a proper Cop system in place. I could rank up through cuffing players, I got a taste of something new and I loved it. I strived to make SWAT at the time and ended up doubling the exp required for it. I loved being the fun Cop that players want to get cuffed by due to instantly releasing them and awaiting to arrest them again later on.

The thing is now we have no level system in place. There is no real strive to play Cop since there is no true way to rank up. Cop needs a revamp plain and simple if we truly want players to actually play it. Even when there was a Ranking System in place when I first started I was still 90% of the time the only Cop online with maybe one other Cop. It is something a player has to enjoy the aspect of, not many truly do though. Hand Of Doom, Sabin, Greaser and myself are the MAIN Cop force on the Server, Darkworld is building up to it too.

Requiring Players to have 200 hours as in your example is way to excessive, alot of players never make it that far on the Server without AFKing and as for AFKing if I'm on and that player is only ever AFK with no interaction with the Server then chances of them getting approved for Cop is very slim. The Application is there to test knowledge of the Cop Rules and to see how the Community feels about the player. If nothing good gets said or majority talk about how said player isn't known and never actually plays then they won't get accepted. I could see increasing it to maybe 80 hours so they have to be on the Server for more than a day and a half of AFK.

The tl:tr of this post is Rule changes won't help as much as actually fixing the Job and making it something more fun for everyone during downtime. It needs an overhaul.

• Volar wrote:

Hand Of Doom, Sabin, Greaser and myself are the MAIN Cop force on the Server, Darkworld is building up to it too.
      True Story , even me start a come back as cop but Slowly and straight .But this guys play more cops then all .
      I rly wish the new Cop resetcome fast ^^ then you will have more fun as cop , If you want get higher in rank ^^
    • So I just wanna bump this and see if we can get an extension of changing between cops. Seems like that was the only change that seemed to be okay. So increase the cooldown time between going cop to rebel. Also, if we did that, the changing from cop to off duty cop by being afk cause than that would be an easy loophole to raising the cooldown from cop to rebel.