Door Name Rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Door Name Rules

In the past few weeks many admins have had several calls to help players who "can't buy this door". Upon examination , these doors turn out to be owned by witty players who have renamed them something like ( For Sale: $45000 ) To avoid confusion , this practice has always been frowned upon in the server. Some admins have even suggested the offending door be reclaimed , and put back on the market.
      In order to justify ANY action taken against a player who refuses to change his door name , I'm suggesting a door name rule be added to the Wiki and MOTD.
      Any thoughts on this suggestion , or ideas on it's wording would be greatly appreciated.
    • Yeah, I remember Eas selling or re-pricing a bunch of them years back. Much fun.
      It causes unnecessary confusion AND it doesn't hide the owner anyway.

I agree completely with the idea of "no naming doors in a way that makes them appear For Sale".

Baaah @BPN [except I dunno if he meant na or nah ].
    • Cave Johnson wrote:

Ill just add a line or two of code.

If you name your door anything that contains the string "for sale" anywhere in the name, it will name your door "Schlong Master 69" and play earfuck John Cena on full volume at a random amount of time anywhere from 0 to 300 seconds later.
      Thx now I can tell people to rename their doors to "For sale" and then their headsets break from John Cena.
      Hi.
    • eldrun wrote:

you can just press r and esc
      You can't press R and Esc on a door that has already been purchased by another player.

eldrun wrote:

If someone wants there house to look for sale why would it matter.
      Like I mentioned above , there are many calls for admins to help with the confusion this issue causes. We had three or fours doors like this last week.

eldrun wrote:

Don't over complicate things or make things a problem when they're not....
      A simple mention of this "unwritten" rule in the MOTD is not complex at all. The goal here is to correct an existing problem.
    • Honestly I've heard about this issue several times and it's always been a don't do thing.

I think this is something I can slip into the Conditional Rules as an extra step till and if Cheesy Codes it in.

How does -

Conditionals Rule Section

Purchased Doors may not have names that resemble Prices , any offenders may have their home taken.

Mays can be changed to Can for the the first one and Will for the second one.
      If anyone has a better wording then let me know and I can get it in the Rules and submit it to Syles.

• HAND OF DOOM wrote:

eldrun wrote:

you can just press r and esc
      You can't press R and Esc on a door that has already been purchased by another player.
      Exactly. Then they know it's not for purchase.

HAND OF DOOM wrote:

eldrun wrote:

If someone wants there house to look for sale why would it matter.
      Like I mentioned above , there are many calls for admins to help with the confusion this issue causes. We had three or fours doors like this last week.
      If it's not usable with r it's obviously not for sale so I don't see the problem.

Plus if it's not in the rules you can't enforce anything. I know that from first hand because "unwritten rules" don't exist.

Besides the point the question is WHY are you guys making another rule for players to follow when literally all the player has to do is press r on the door.
    • Thanks Cheesy and Volar for your great ideas:

Volar wrote:

Conditionals Rule Section

Purchased Doors may not have names that resemble Prices , any offenders may have their home taken
      I think this addition to the rules will give admins some leverage against repeat offenders and those who refuse to comply. Also , In the essence of simplicity , I think this easily enforceable rule might not necessarily need any additional coding to be effective.
    • "No individual player, gang member, gang leader, VIP, Combine Officer, and admin has the legal ability to title their property in such a manner that includes, but not limited to, the phrases of For Sale, For Rent, For Lease either with or without a monetary amount attached to the aforementioned phrases above. This restriction is also extanded to co-owners, key holders and guests. Currently owned property doors must contain information that does not have the ability to cause any issues regarding legitimacy of the currently owned property.

If there is a viable and clear obstruction of the above mentioned, the property will be repossesed without notice and without compensation."
      Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
      i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
    • Dane Vogel wrote:

"No individual player, gang member, gang leader, VIP, Combine Officer, and admin has the legal ability to title their property in such a manner that includes, but not limited to, the phrases of For Sale, For Rent, For Lease either with or without a monetary amount attached to the aforementioned phrases above. This restriction is also extanded to co-owners, key holders and guests. Currently owned property doors must contain information that does not have the ability to cause any issues regarding legitimacy of the currently owned property.

If there is a viable and clear obstruction of the above mentioned, the property will be repossesed without notice and without compensation."
      This

• eldrun wrote:

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

oh boi making a rule that is punishable for NAMING A DOOR
      It's been a rule for at-least 3 map rotations just never written.
      Like I said before, if it's not in the motd and people are enforcing it then you're abusing your powers weather you guys want to admit it or not, trust me I fell into this before. You can only enforce a rule if it's in the motd.
      I was told by a Root that it was the case and not to be done as well as seeing others change names of doors they saw with prices. I personally haven't seen any doors with price names in a long long time.

Either way as stated above it's in MOTD when and IF Syles decided to update the revised change.