Dear Cave Johnson, 2 cop plugin requests

• Dear Cave Johnson, 2 cop plugin requests

Having cop promotions based on cuffs rather than jailtime:

reason - This seems like a small difference, but i think the freedom to choose if a player deserves jail or not, is an important method of self expression as a cop -cuff/uncuffs are a form of generousity in which cops can obtain mutual respect from rebels

cuffs alone take work so why not?

If Cop Ranks were to startover, make it parallel to the economy - reason , starting over is hard and discxouraging

we all know how tough it is to be an entry level cop with shitty weapons to catch high level players

so why not startover when everything is fresh?

PLEASE reply with thoughts or objections!

-Duer
    • I like the first one better as well. I've always enjoyed it being tied to cuffs, leaving players in jail for extended periods of time should be a choice not something you have to do to rank up. I mean what if they don't deserve it at all such as opening the Sidezz Box that gives 20,000 crime.

I disagree with the second one however, Cops so far haven't actually had to rank up or start at the bottom. I was having everyone started at 2 4(3 ranks higher than the supposed start off) due to having no promotion system. I feel a reset once the system is in place should happen. Nothing stops cops from using their own weapons via inventory though I do wish that wasn't a necessity. I'd prefer a weapon room like Linesse had to help out the lower cops.

• Volar wrote:

I like the first one better as well. I've always enjoyed it being tied to cuffs, leaving players in jail for extended periods of time should be a choice not something you have to do to rank up. I mean what if they don't deserve it at all such as opening the Sidezz Box that gives 20,000 crime.

I disagree with the second one however, Cops so far haven't actually had to rank up or start at the bottom. I was having everyone started at 2 4(3 ranks higher than the supposed start off) due to having no promotion system. I feel a reset once the system is in place should happen. Nothing stops cops from using their own weapons via inventory though I do wish that wasn't a necessity. I'd prefer a weapon room like Linesse had to help out the lower cops.
      im glad u agree with 1st

but the 2nd is only IF we restart the cop ranks
    • duer wrote:

Volar wrote:

I like the first one better as well. I've always enjoyed it being tied to cuffs, leaving players in jail for extended periods of time should be a choice not something you have to do to rank up. I mean what if they don't deserve it at all such as opening the Sidezz Box that gives 20,000 crime.

im glad u agree with 1st
      but the 2nd is only IF we restart the cop ranks
      I was stating Cop Ranks should be reset but emphasizing with the fact that a weapons room would help off set it.

• I totally agree with Duer on both points. I think cop exp. should be based on the amount of crime taken off the streets , not what the cop does with the criminal afterwards. The Sidezz formula seems like a perfect solution for this.
      No established cop wants to be de-ranked and sent back to the start I think what Duer is suggesting is that there be some type of compensation for those who have worked hard for their current rank , should a new system were implemented.
    • I 100% agree with your first idea, I remember on the old server I played on were I was cop, it had the system were you needed to jail them to get Exp, So when you wanted to cuff/uncuff you would jail them then immediately release them. Having it were you get Exp from just cuff remove a useless step.

I have no opinion on the second Idea
    • Its just that before, cops completely stopped making players wait out their jail sentence because people would just think they were dicks because there was no reason for the cop not to do that. By making the cop earn money over the duration of the jail sentence gives the cops a reason to keep players in jail. The same would probably work with exp. What I might do is give some exp for a cuff, and some additional exp for a fully served jail sentence.
    • I do not like the idea of being forced to jail people to get Exp. I like being able to make the choice of weather I jail or cuff/uncuff and I feel that making it so you get Exp from jailing will make me have to chose from having no Exp or being able to chose weather I jail or cuff/uncuff.

For example I don`t like to jail under 10 hour people who have just been running around robbing vendors and I prefer to cuff/uncuff them. I don`t want to have to chose between being an asshole and jailing them or not getting Exp.
    • Cave has a point though, his idea of making cuffs get exp is good and he just statin extra exp for jail time completed. So cuffing/uncuffing will still give exp, not strictly based on jail time.
      One quesiton: How would bribing play into this? Would cops still get exp for jailing?
      One suggestion: Can we get a way to cancel our bribes (like a menu or something)? That way we can re bribe?
    • I agree with Goner, I would like to have a menu to choose a bribe if multiple were sent and to decline it if I didn't think the bribe was fare so they could try again and bribe a different amount, and I would like to see weapons and suit racks in the PD when the map changes to make it easier for level one cops and make PD raids more fun for rebels.
    • i dig goners idea

but a part of me is saying jailing shouldnt even related to exp at all

think about it

how bout cuffs = exp points

but jailing = $$$ made in ur wage

a perfect dichotomy you know? - balance

because even if jailing gives an "extra" xp point, the majority will lean toward the promotion

and its not always about the promotion

giving promotion xp for jailing to a cop is like saying you get closer to higher wages for killing/rdming as rebel ...........am i wrong?

The post was edited 3 times, last by duer ().

• Sorry, one more thing, a menu for cops to accept certain bribes, not /accept, accepts everyones bribe.
      I.e. someone bribes 25 dollars right before someone bribes 1000, I would want to accept only the 1000 bribe but I am forced to accept both if I want to do /accept.
    • too true doggy

but my point is, if we dont normally encourage excessive rdming for rebels

i dont think we should encourage excessive jailing as the main game for cops

you already recieve cash for jailing, why add xp as more incentive?

new cops will naturally go for the bigger (quicker reward)

and i predict that if we dont watch out, rebels will demonize cops = not good

but if we give xp purely to cuff, and jailing for $$$

you can choose to only go for xp by a quick uncuff/cuff or go further and make $$ through jailing

doesnt that make more sense guys??
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest