New Cop System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Cop System

My idea about the cop system is to make it less competitve between the cops. Instead of doing the idea of having cops get "points" for putting and leaving people in jail, where cops would fight and possibly argue about cuffs and other things. My idea is to make Cop "points" and promos based off of time played as COP. For example if someone plays cop for 5 hours they get a cop promotion. This way it would cause less people to argue because people are not fighting over cuffs and jails, and also it would prevent farming of points (Friend gets crime, cop cuffs him etc.) Also adding the rule of not being able to AFK as a cop as that could just be a easy farm for points for a promo. Another topic is raising the required time played to apply for cop. I personally feel that 40 hours is not a lot of time to get to know someone. I feel that the time should be raised another 20 or so hours so players/admins, can find out who this person truely is and not the show they might put on for 40hours.
    • I mean, it's effortless to just not credit the cop points for time as a cop by just not awarding points for time spent afk as cop, so cops could still afk.

Idk. Maybe. Seems like no matter what approach I try to come up with for handling the future point system, half the community pretty much starts to bitch about it.

As someone who believes in working to earn whatever it is you earn, the idea of a seniority based system makes me cringe.
    • Cave Johnson wrote:

I mean, it's effortless to just not credit the cop points for time as a cop by just not awarding points for time spent afk as cop, so cops could still afk.

Idk. Maybe. Seems like no matter what approach I try to come up with for handling the future point system, half the community pretty much starts to bitch about it.

As someone who believes in working to earn whatever it is you earn, the idea of a seniority based system makes me cringe.
      I'd rather have people bitch about something rather than bitch about the lack there of.

Cops right now can't progress through the ranks in any way, just throw on the old exp system in the meantime while you get this mess figured out.

Personally, I'd make the system around cuffing players and then finishing their sentences, that way cops need to choose between cash money bribes or exp towards the next promotion.
      Charging headfirst into a whole lotta dakka.
    • Cave Johnson wrote:

I mean, it's effortless to just not credit the cop points for time as a cop by just not awarding points for time spent afk as cop, so cops could still afk.

We dont waant being cop about strictly numbers, we want it to be about how you handle things in appropriate situations with criminals

you say seniority system makes you cringe, but isnt that how your admin system works?

i always saw cop as a pre-admin position, it tests ur integrity, patience, responsibility and actions during pressure - especially when ur a new cop

"As someone who believes in working to earn whatever it is you earn" - this describes the rebel gameplay accurately, but in my opinion, it doesnt apply to cops as much

IF your a cop looking to earn something for your work, your doing it wrong - your cop because the game doesnt continue to flow unless u do your fucking job

cops are for the game - NOT for promotional materialistic rewards (most people want to be cop for this)

IMHO - cop promotions should be based on cuffs ONLY - u get $$$ for jailing and thats plenty imo
    • Cave Johnson wrote:

But the thing is you can't even AFK as cop now is, after a certain amount of time it switchs your job to Off-Duty cop. So I think my idea makes sense and It would allow cops to have less drama, and to have people have more fun in the game mode then having to spend time in jail. Possibly for every hour you get a couple EXP points, and you could possibly throw in other ways to get exp, like when they serve their whole sentence you get a small amount of EXP. You can be very dedicated to the cop job, and play it all the time and take it for real, but then their are people that could be better at bhop for example so they steal all your cuffs etc. So even if you were to put a lot of effort into cop but not get cuffs it doesnt seem very fair just my opinion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MaXimus!! ().

• Another point I would like to point out is the fake that you might say my theory might be explotiable. So is the cuff/jail idea. For example, I could have a friend come on and I could go AFK as cop leave my stun stick out and always shooting. I could have my friend keep getting crime, walk infront of me then get jailed, then come back get jailed agian, etc. Atleast with my idea making cop not able to be AFKED makes cops do SOMETHING. They can not just AFK and make their friends farm for them to get the Promo they want. Having this play time idea, makes the most commited people that love the cop of job, and shows them off to the community with their playtime. IN MY OPINION I think it would be better to have the more time you spend the more EXP you get. And I feel an example of a punishment you could get for Exploiting my idea (play time) is by possibly demoting their cop rank down 1 rank.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MaXimus!! ().

• Let's think of it like this
      Both ways are exploitable
      One can cause arguments fights etc. Around cops(cuff idea)
      One can be chill and argument free (time played)
      One might make people to hate being cop because people steal cuffs( cuff idea)
      One lets everyone have a chance at promotions(play time)

To go along with the time played theory I have made, Iwould also incorporates cuffs. We could give cops little Amount of EXP for cuffs But it will boost them and will help them get to a promotion. But the idea of play time will give the most exp and then everyone gets a chance. The play time idea may cause cops to work together more to take out crimals rather than competing for cuffs because cuffs are not the main way of exp. The cuff for exp theory would make cops going all solo to get exp, but with this time idea it would allow more teamwork to be used in the game mode from the cop class. So theoretically every cop can get promotions. But it is all about if they want to put in the work it is about if THEY want to spend the time and be commited to being a protector of the server.....

The post was edited 2 times, last by MaXimus!! ().

• MaXimus!! wrote:

Another point I would like to point out is the fake that you might say my theory might be explotiable. So is the cuff/jail idea. For example, I could have a friend come on and I could go AFK as cop leave my stun stick out and always shooting. I could have my friend keep getting crime, walk infront of me then get jailed, then come back get jailed agian, etc. Atleast with my idea making cop not able to be AFKED makes cops do SOMETHING. They can not just AFK and make their friends farm for them to get the Promo they want. Having this play time idea, makes the most commited people that love the cop of job, and shows them off to the community with their playtime. IN MY OPINION I think it would be better to have the more time you spend the more EXP you get. And I feel an example of a punishment you could get for Exploiting my idea (play time) is by possibly demoting their cop rank down 1 rank.
      Literally can't happen. The only way to not be set as AFK while playing as Cop is to be moving. So you'd have to bind a way to keep moving(seen it in the past where the player runs in a circle) and then also have the Stunstick swinging. Thing is if I was in game and saw said thing occurring in order to ''exploit'' the system and gain exp/ranks with no work on your part I'd just kick your AFK ass from the game thus halting it.

AFKing otherwise swaps you to Off-Duty Cop thus stopping your Exp Gain based on time played.

Cop has always just been the opposite team. You play it to cuff people. If you enjoy it you continue to play it, if you don't you quit. I'm biased towards the old system since I grew up on it. Exp for Cuffs only and once you hit Rank Limit then you keep playing cause you enjoy it. That's what I did.

The only thing extra Cop needs is some other way to make $$$ during downtimes.

• A constant problem we have on this server is lack of cops. This isn't because there are no players with the cop job available. It's because there isn't always something to do and the pay isn't the best if you factor it over time.

After the cop exp is put in place I will explore ways to give cops more shit to do.

Honestly at this point I'm leaning more towards cop exp for cuffs.
    • i dont know if youve been on within the last weeks but i dont think lack of cops is a problem

we are currently accepting new cop applications constantly

but because there is no objective promotion system, we are bottlenecked full of seargent level cops

cuff system would be great because i like the idea of making choices - cuffs for xp, jailing for $$$

if you choose jail all the time you get rich but u delay the promotion
    • duer wrote:

i dont know if youve been on within the last weeks but i dont think lack of cops is a problem

but because there is no objective promotion system, we are bottlenecked full of seargent level cops

cuff system would be great because i like the idea of making choices - cuffs for xp, jailing for $$$

No no an exp by cuff system would mean that sending the player to jail would give the cop exp, whether or not the rebel serves the sentence is up to the cop who jailed them.
    • VigorousSnow wrote:

duer wrote:

i dont know if youve been on within the last weeks but i dont think lack of cops is a problem

No no an exp by cuff system would mean that sending the player to jail would give the cop exp,
      how? im saying xp from purely cuiffing and u get paid if u go a step further jail them - this allows cops to still get exp by cuff and uncuffing which is a crucial choice a cop makes in order to gain respect amongst players and shows generosity

if we dont have the freedom or insentive to cuff/uncuff, we will get demonized
    • duer wrote:

VigorousSnow wrote:

duer wrote:

No no an exp by cuff system would mean that sending the player to jail would give the cop exp,
      how? im saying xp from purely cuiffing and u get paid if u go a step further jail them - this allows cops to still get exp by cuff and uncuffing which is a crucial choice a cop makes in order to gain respect amongst players and shows generosity
      if we dont have the freedom or insentive to cuff/uncuff, we will get demonized
      BRO THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID
    • Alright, at this point I have decided how the system is going to work.
      Cops will receive 2 exp for jailing. That means cuffing and sending to jail. It does not matter how long the sentence is. If you send them to jail and immediately release them, then you will still receive 2 exp.

Should you decide to leave them in jail FOR A FULL JAIL SENTENCE, that means no bribes, the player doesn't get cuffsawed out, etc, then you 1 bonus exp. But remember, you still get the 2 exp just for sending them to jail in the first place.

The way cops make money will not change.