Donate to the Developer

• Donate to the Developer

So I have an idea inspired by Fallout Shelter game, which would also be a donor item. I need people's opinions on this.

Note that if anyone ever purchased this item in the future, the proceeds would go to me for my efforts in this plugin. Currently all VIP donations go to Syle, and any purchases of this item would go to me.

So the idea is a random item crate, kind of like the lunchboxes in Fallout Shelter.
      When you donate $1, you receive 1 item crate to your inventory.

When you use an item crate, you will be granted one of the following (this list is getting bigger as I think of stuff, and feel free to add ideas):
      Also note that there are different probabilities for each item:
      - 25 x 1-Use Lockpicks (1 in 100) (a 1 use lockpick has no cooldown, independent of your regular lockpick, works only once per item)
      - 25 x 1-Use Doorhacks (1 in 100) (ditto with the 1-use lockpick)
      - 10 x 1-Use Lockpicks (1 in 50)
      - 10 x 1-Use Doorhacks (1 in 50)
      - $10,000 (1 in 1,000)
      - $100,000 (1 in 5,000)
      - $1,000,000 (1 in 10,000)
      - 1 Ion Cannon
      - 50 Banker Interfaces (1 in 200) (1 use per item. Using item opens banking menu on the spot)
      - 100 RPG, 100 SLAM "Explosives Kit" (1 in 500)
      - 75 Shotguns (1 in 50)
      - 75 Revolvers (1 in 50)
      - 10 Combine Balls (1 in 50)
      - 2 Prize Boxes (1 in 50) aka get one free

Note that at the time of implementation, not every item would be instantly available such as the banker interfaces and 1-use lockpicks/doorhacks since they would still need to be coded and tested.

Also if Syle agrees with it, he could have a couple of these crates come with the VIP packages. If he does do that, then he will still receive all VIP donations while I receive all crate donations. Basically I am adding a way for me to receive some donor money while giving Syle a free item he can add to his VIP packages to make buying VIP even better.
    • Greaser wrote:

Yo could also add the nukes in.
      That would be the ion cannon.
      For balance reasons though, the system will have probabilities that make it where the chances of you getting anything good for only a dollar will be low. Mathematically the probabilities will be such that it will take at least 5 crates to get something good. I have to worry about the pay to winners since we don't need someone becoming the richest player in the server because they spent 20 bucks on crates.

Maybe there should be a limit on how many you can donate for. I want to earn some money for my efforts, but not at the cost of the games economic balance.
    • syle22 wrote:

Yeah maybe add a monthly limit. Pull a valve and drop the crates randomly and require 2$ keys could work too.
      Well I was going to have the crates themselves be an item. Using said item like any other item gives you the award at random.

And yeah maybe $2 per item. But in all honestly what's the most I would expect someone to dish out for these in a month? Obviously the really good stuff would be somewhat rare, even for these crates.
    • Cave Johnson wrote:

syle22 wrote:

Yeah maybe add a monthly limit. Pull a valve and drop the crates randomly and require 2$ keys could work too.
      Well I was going to have the crates themselves be an item. Using said item like any other item gives you the award at random.
      And yeah maybe $2 per item. But in all honestly what's the most I would expect someone to dish out for these in a month? Obviously the really good stuff would be somewhat rare, even for these crates.
      If you charged 2$ i would say cap it at 10 crates a month. but yea, balancing the odds will really be what determines their worth.
    • Well my goal isn't to be money hungry. The intention of this idea is to get some donations from players while giving them something to donate for. Obviously there is some pay-to-winnage here because players are receiving an in-game item for donating, but if the server starts leaning too far onto the p2w side because of this then I'll just remove the donate page so nobody can donate for any more crates.

That's also where the idea of limiting the number of crates donated for comes it. Syle suggested that players should be limited to getting 10 per month at most. I might go down to 5 until I am certain that I have the algorithm set up to not be too op.