Cop Promotions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cop Promotions

I want to do Cop Promotions in the Forum until the new Cop Job turns up.

A new application proforma would be needed if the time frame requires it, but I suggest that in the short term players just post here.

EDIT:- In the 'old' system there were about 400 points between levels.

SO, don't ask if you haven't done at least 200 cuffs/jailings. Then we will poll the admins who know the cop's activity.
    • Hello, I would like to request a promotion

Why?
      Ive been for a month Police Lieutenant now I have 25 income, Since the server has more players now and not so much cops have that much hp to defend against like 3-4 guys with pistol crossbow smg , Id like to rank up to get more health Ive been cop everytime i am online if i play wich is much in the afternoon

Thankyou & have a nice day
    • Koala, tbh, this might not be the best. Everyone would want a promotion and ppl that I dont see on often/nor playing cop would more than post on this and try to get a promotion. It should be looked upon by admins that are on the server and be discussed among them in who deserves a promotion.
      Just my opinion :P.
    • yeah, and it should be public and transparent - hence this location. AND it is temporary - providing Dev gets on with it.

Of course the people who see the player ingame will have to decide.
      I don't care how many want promotion - but I do care about inconsistent promotions.
      I asked for the cuff counter back until the job turn sup.
      THAT or just FREEZE all promotions anyway.

I really want the timeframe for when the job will appear.
    • i feel the forum is not the best place for promotions - because not all of our ingame players are involved in the forum

can we have specific admins on the field be in charge of it? they know the players best! (Doom, Koala thats yall)

and although the cop can initiate his own promotion, we can have a vote ingame with players agreeing or disagreeing on whether the cop deserves the promotion - with the admin having the final say
    • the cops had to go to forum for their ap.
      I am not saying players vote.
      I am saying Give us the simple tool back so the admin/chief-cop can easily promote them.
      The final job is still based on counters; the old one had a simple counter.
    • I would also like to request a promotion,

I Have 200 hours on this server and dozens of hours as cop on this server, (a dozen in the past 48 hours alone!) I've had my cop since around 40 hours and I have spent countless hours as a cop. So for spedning around a month on this server I beleive i deserve a promotion. I am currently first rank (Sergeant) any comments just messege me
    • Jhonathan wrote:

I would also like to request a promotion,

I Have 200 hours on this server and dozens of hours as cop on this server, (a dozen in the past 48 hours alone!) I've had my cop since around 40 hours and I have spent countless hours as a cop. So for spedning around a month on this server I beleive i deserve a promotion. I am currently first rank (Sergeant) any comments just messege me
      Sergeant is rank 4, Medic is Rank 1, just an FYI.

All Cops right now should be starting at Rank 4 since thats a decent start off with no weapons on map or suit room + no cop system in place.

• In game I said to mention the cuffs estimate. I still want the cops to state their cuffs estimate.
      [Whenever I employ at level 4 entry I make sure they know it isn't the Trainee and they have been started higher. A few cops have tried out Trainee recently btw.]

Alex is also looking at possibility of data collection for the interim.
    • Koala wrote:

In game I said to mention the cuffs estimate. I still want the cops to state their cuffs estimate.
      [Whenever I employ at level 4 entry I make sure they know it isn't the Trainee and they have been started higher. A few cops have tried out Trainee recently btw.]

So should i rewrite my post and ad in my estimate? Easliy i think i have had over 200 cuffs. maybe more than 300+. So thats why i just wanted to write my messge so the admins could see im doing my job
    • Jhonathan wrote:

Koala wrote:

In game I said to mention the cuffs estimate. I still want the cops to state their cuffs estimate.

So should i rewrite my post and ad in my estimate? Easliy i think i have had over 200 cuffs. maybe more than 300+. So thats why i just wanted to write my messge so the admins could see im doing my job
      This would set you as Rank 3 technically. (You're Currently Rank 4 or above[Sergeant is 4]). So you'd be less than you are but I'm not holding that as a threshold to be met then exceeded thus you should be Rank 5 fast approaching Rank 6.

Be on alert though, all these Promotions only last till a Real Cop System gets put back into place then everyone says hello to Rank 1 Medic again.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Volar ().

• Koala wrote:

no we don't want cops begging, but they are. There isn't an automated system. What do you suggest we do if the job stays delayed?
      I want the cuff counter back in the mean time.
      This is good idea, make a cuff counter. Once you reach a certain promotion through cuffs post a picture of that proof on the forum to receive you promotion. I hate to see players guessing or lying about the amount of cuffs they have. Just because they play on cop a lot does not always mean they get an abundance of cuffs.

Add a cuff counter, and post proof on the forum for your promotion

Jhonathan wrote:

Koala wrote:

I see a huge red flag when you go from 200 cuffs to 300+ thinking thinking
    • Volar said: "Be one alert though all these Promotions only last till a Real Cop System gets put back into place then everyone says hello to Rank 1 Medic again."

I would like to hear an estimate for the return of the counter or the building of a counter [that shows results in cop stats]. No answers to previous posts.
      The Dev gave in to bitching about the proposed scoring for promotion. He might have to give in on that too. As I said elsewhere - get a consolidated Thread targeted at Dev.