encourage crime

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• encourage crime

I have a few ideas that i think would encourage crime.

It could either be an NPC or a Job. This NPC/Job would give you money for an x% of your crime. So lets say you are RDM'ing and get to like 2k crime, then you would go to this "Mafia" NPC that would give you money for being awesome and destroying the combines system. It could be a % as i've already mentioned or it could be like 100$ per 1000 crime. Thats really just up to the players/admins to set. This way it would encourage rebels to go get crime while they are printing/planting. Doesn't matter if its robbing, RDM'ing, etc...

It could be a job you had that would give a salary for every x% crime you have. So it would have like a 5-10min cooldown and has to charge before giving you this salary. This way it would encourage the rebels to have higher crime over longer time periods. This would also make the rebel want to hide/run. And when the rebel tries to avoid getting cuffed it forces the cop to chase this rebel and will make cops jail faster. Sure there is downsides of this idea. It could create more hostility on the server. You might have 10 seconds to get this huge salary because you have 100k crime, and then some guy kills you for your bounty. But this is just an idea and think its worth it to think about.

My last idea might be a little crazy but here it comes: You would have this job/NPC that would give you money for every kill you get. Or every cop kill you get. Maybe somethink like x2 for cop kill and x1 for rebel kill. But this job/NPC would also have this cooldown, or maybe a bonus for having more kills, so you wont spam the npc and cash out every single kill. Sure this also has downsides, but i also think its worth a try.

Thank you for reading my suggestion, and please if any deeper going questions is needed, dont hesitate! Fire away!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vikinatorr ().

• I would like to see more crime on the server I agree but I don't think encouraging people to go on mass rdming sprees and rewarding rdming would be good to the server I think that it might turn into a mass mob of people just killing each other constantly kinda like when Sidezz is on but like more than just once a day. This is just my opinion and input I'd like to see other people's opinions too.
    • duer wrote:

viki this is a good idea if all cops want more crime like you, but im not sure they all do, im not sure if i do either

maybe theres a better way to increase crime other than encourage rdming

i dont want to enforce the "THIS IS HL2 DM for a reason" argument

try an RP approach
      You say "try an RP approach" what do you mean by that? I would say the job where you would get a salary of how much crime you have was an RP approach. What do you have in mind?
    • Why not make it only give cash for killing cops? And not rebels as well.

Edit- or make the RDM of rebels significantly cheaper than the DM of cops. But that wouldn't be based on crime that would be based on kills.
      #HailTheGoldenPoon

The post was edited 1 time, last by Greaser ().