Newbies on the Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newbies on the Forum

I think it's very important to get New players involved in the forum as most of the important decisions, suggestions, and discussions happen here. But there are a lack of new players joining in on the forum and so they are kinda left out of the loop on things so I think it is very important to encourage new player to not only check out the MOTD but also check out the forum and make an account and see what's going on in here since most stuff behind the scenes goes on in here. Give me some suggestions on how you think we should get new players to join the forums and maybe some suggestions to make the forums more user friendly for new people so they aren't so confused or intimidated like I was when I first came on here. It is also very important to have new players suggestions and input as they are the newest players and usually the most frequent players and a lot of decisions made by the higher ups affect them more than others so their input is of utmost importance as well as anybody else's input or ideas or suggestions.
    • The only thing you really can do is tell them to use the forums and provide the link or just tell them to use the MOTD which has a link to the forums.
      People get intimidated easy to anything "New". Whenever there is an important Poll or Vote that is going to have a real affect on the Server I make sure that If I'm the one doing it I'm spamming it in Chat and telling others to use the forums while giving them a direct link to said thread. The normal response I get is, "That's to much work".
      People are lazy, they want a voice but won't do whats needed to have said voice.

As for the Confused part as soon as we swapped to this layout I was confused as shit for like a week, just have to work with trial and error.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Volar ().

• Volar wrote:

syle22 wrote:

should be like +15k pack for signing up xdd
      Thats a decent idea but if something like that was to happen it needs to be something that gives them incentive to come back.
      We have a ton of people that have suggestions or want to whine about something but the majority of them refuse to join the forums or participate in them.

It's saddening.

The way my entire counter-strike gaming community website works w my members is through raffles/giveaways. I put together a dedicated webpage and each person clicks "enter giveaway(1 per steam ID and IP ((no-way around it)))" and it be whatever it is that is available that month for the giveaway.

Maybe we can get a html page dedicated specifically to the giveaway and each time someone enters the giveaway, the prize pool could go up.

I am not sure where the TF-developer donation thing is headed, but another way we can integrate the server population into this forum's population is using the loot-crates that was the main thing in TF's donation thingy.

Just an idea.

(I typed this up about an hour or two ago, but somehow forgot to press post).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zirvhirex ().

• I agree with something Duer told me. We can't force people to join the forums and if people have something really important to say they will say it. Most people are just too lazy to come on here and make suggestion and I was too at first but after a while I got used to it. I also don't think bribing people to come on here is ideal but it could work out. I would just like to have admins and players encourage newbies to check out the forums as well as the MOTD so that they can get a better idea for the community and what's happening behind the scenes and so they can make suggestions. Maybe bribing them with in game money or crates or giveaways is the way to do it so long as the people have an incentive to come back.