Why the hell cant cops do basic stuff?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why the hell cant cops do basic stuff?

Recently I've heard some talk about cops being too shit of a job to play, everyone has known this for a while but I think it's gone a bit too far IMO. So why can't cops buy stuff anyway? I used to understand because they didn't drop money so it was an unfair, but now cops do drop money and they can't buy stuff. Some might say oh cops have more health so it would be unfair for them to buy stuff with there increased health and armor. That is somewhat true but all cops are basically one headshot with a revolver so while they are buying stuff, bang easy kill. Most of the stuff cops buy anyway can't be used when they are a cop so it would he no big deal. Sorry to make this long after I should have. Also I am sorry if this topic was already addressed, if it was I couldn't find it.
      -Thanks, Greaser
      #HailTheGoldenPoon
    • I agree it's annoying when you're cop and you want to buy smg grenades or something from the gun shop but you can't buy anything so you have to give the money to a rebel friend and they buy the shit and give it to you. I would like it so that cops can buy things again because we do drop money now and when we're buying shit we can't really defend ourselves so it's pretty easy to kill us and take our money.
    • You have all heard the actual answer to all of this.

The dev has stated a sequence for his work.

The cops no-buy is prob a result of the way bugs/flaws are fixed. Just like rule alterations, the ramifications have to be investigated too. I haven't checked the timeline but I suspect that the no-buy preceded the drop and afk change.
      Players changed to cop to be safe buying and banking. So naughty! :)
      When the no-drop was changed to drop the no-buy was probably overlooked.

It isn't as if the job was DESIGNED this way - and, like I have been advising players ingame: get these positive/constructive suggestions public in the forum in a way that might influence the game designer. Maybe you would have best chance by having a consolidated Thread for the Dev to monitor.
      One designed to present things in a game-design mode.

The dev HAS done some fixes as a result of moans, but they aren't on his priority list are they?
      You all know that he is redesigning the cop job.
      What am I missing about buying weapons? A rebel's inventory is still available when he switches?