Jail Loophole

• So I noticed that when you jail someone and they send you a low bribe, sometimes I don't want to accept it. That person in turn leaves the server in which gives the cop the full sum they would of got for the time the player was to spend in jail. Then the player rejoins and bribes low again, this leaves the cop with no incentive to keep the person in jail because they dont get money per second anymore and get money from accepting the bribe. Seems like a clear loophole to jailing. Just maybe something overlooked.
    • The Dev has a section for bug reports and a sticky for the format - you might consider dropping it there if you consider it a bug.

But I don't yet fully get your point; or maybe I do.
      You got the whole of the money due to you from the jailtime. AND in the case you cited that was more than the bribe.
      When they come back you just let them sit out their time - OR you pick up a few more dollars for accepting the bribe. You are even further ahead, but that is the 'greedy cop syndrome'.

What you ARE missing out on is the chance of a decent bribe because the perp has found a way to get out fast cheaply. Don't let him out. That breaks his 'system'.

People disconnecting deliberately to exploit an aspect of the plugin are not behaving properly - MOTD says "Do not exploit glitches found in the game,..." I'd punish him and let it get sorted out in a Ban Appeal :-)))
    • Yeah, for sure. the wording of this was kinda of hard to do and I was running on 2 hrs of sleep and posting this. But ultimately, they rejoined so money the cop would accept their bribe. But yeah seems best we can do is just not accept their bribe. But I feel like others wont cause they get nothing out of leaving them in there. So the principle of jail is lost and easily made so jail would become obsolete with this. You recommend I make a post in bug report? Maybe have it so if you leave while in jail and rejoin, you get more time, and no way to bribe out? Hopefully, no friend of theirs would just be a cop and let them out for free...
    • So if I'm reading this correctly then we'll go with this scenario.

1. Cop A Arrests Player B and sends them to jail.
      2. Player B then disconnects for whatever reason thus causing the Plugin to instantly give $3 per second that Player B still had left to Cop A.
      3. Player B then reconnects and still has his full jail time but Cop A no longer gets the $3 per second for leaving them in jail thus giving no real incentive to leave them in.
      4x. Somewhere in here, either before the disconnect or after, Player B bribes Cop A.

So the problem is What?
      1. Cop A can accept the Bribe for extra cash thus making more than was intended.
      2. Player B can't rebribe after disconnect and is now stuck in jail with Cop A has no incentive to release him?

Before BlueRP Cops leaving players in jail was just because that was what you were supposed to do, yes you could release them(like I always did) but the majority of others just left them in jail which encouraged PD Break Ins to free their friends.

• So you got it what i was saying. But they do have the ability to rebribe the cop when they come back. And the reason some bribes weren't accept is low balls, but in turn, now you get all your money plus the bribe they send again after rejoining. Easy solution is dont accept, but not everyone would do that.
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest