Fixing the plants textures

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Asked players on the server about this at the same time. And the fun thing is that a half of them are pretty sure that it's unfinished work that should be finished, but another half says that textures are awesome and nothing should be changed. I suppose they are not serious about that, but who knows what's better for the players ?(
  • duer wrote:

the unfinished textures are bright, noticeable and blatant.

this plays into the game - we are taking advantage of the unfinished testures because it makes planting challenging and require critical thinking. when finding places to hide them
    Maybe I'm just too innocent but to me it looks like there are some better ways to make plants noticeable other than leaving textures broken which leads only to bad impression from the server and errors in players' consoles
  • [RLS] Klizmotron wrote:

Maybe I'm just too innocent but to me it looks like there are some better ways to make plants noticeable other than leaving textures broken which leads only to bad impression from the server and errors in players' consoles
    maybe, but not necessarily a bad thing

it just takes more work to change it and it works fine anyway , and we could use that energy towards something else
  • I'm sorry for being rude, but you are not being honest. If you like textures being missing, why the fuck do you keep the not working textures, which have a size of ~2mbytes, on your fastdl and force your users to download not necessary content? I'm actually pretty sure there is lots more of unused downloadable content you have out there but it's not the point of this thread. The point is that you affirm the missing textures being some special thing on your server (which is an absolute nonsense and excuse, but nvm), but as research shows, you are too lazy or unable to neither fix or atleast delete these fucked-up textures. Bad.
    Files
    • p3NRgLC.png

(34.1 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
  • What a normal person does when he likes (is he normal then actually? nvm) models with missing textures: the person uploads to fastdl only the models, no materials or textures for these models. What you do: you upload a model of plant with broken materials, get used to it and don't give a single fuck, not claiming to neither make a proper (not sure if it can be even called so, but as we found out it can) solution for having textureless models (which is deliting the textures from fastdl, which reduces the loading time of players and unreasonable memory overuse, even though it's a bit of memory, it should not be accepted when you are working on a serious project) nor fixing the appearance of models.
  • duer wrote:

[RLS] Klizmotron wrote:

I'm sorry for being rude, but you are not being honest.
    You're taking this waayyyy to seriously...............its not that we dont wanna fix it or we are too lazy, or dishonest....

we just dont mind it being purple checkered...
    I don't know about your permissions division guys, I mean, who's the admin (I mean the real admin, who does shit with code and content on the back-end, now I wonder if you even have one) and who is just a moderator. Because nowadays it's fashionable to call everyone admin when noone is actually capable of doing anything, but it's your business. So what I meant (seems like half of what I said is not clear to regular users, which is absolutely normal, this thread was created not for users) is that your coder or sysadmin or whoever manages the content doesn't do his work in proper way. It's normal if you don't understand what am I talking about, it only means that you are just a regular user with no dedicated knowledge, because you don't need them. If this is the case, just pass by, there's nothing to add for you, I got your opinion of liking the pink textures, now I talk about other thing.
  • our coder is working on much more important shit than the plant textures lol, he's been away for the past month or so converting the current plugin we use into a much more tweakable format. (and thats not our only available coder might I add...)

in terms of "moderator", Dane is the one in charge of forum shit, and a small circle of higherups are in charge of in-game shit.

You coming into a community and questioning the heiarchy is completely unwarranted.
    You're treating this like a business, where, if it were a business.. shit woulda got fixed by now.
    We're just a team of people holding it together.

coldcommunity is what the title suggests.. a community of like-minded people playing on a half-decent rp mod.
    I say half-decent only because we fell behind in terms of updates for a while..
    but thats why our coder has been working non-stop to help us in the long run.

While bigger projects are being worked on, people with access arent worried about petty shit like textures.
    sniper santa misslelauncher
  • Ok, now you at least agree that's an issue. The reason why I posted here is because forum mods or some other people who contact the coder can tell him about the issue when it's discussed on forum. You see, in this case at first you did not even accept it's a bug. So what was the point to write directly to coder with unrelated shit? Anyways, I hope it will be fixed in future, because [read above].