Controlling RDM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• eldrun wrote:

Most people that do this make simple demands for them to stop.

It's mind boggling that players are starting shit and not expecting retaliation. Talk shit get hit. It's incredibly sad that players start something then go to the admins to have it stopped.

It's also a huge part of the game. It's a way for some to make money if they don't want to go though the process of planting or counterfeiting.
      +1

eldrun wrote:

ZomBloR! wrote:

Matu/Slovak Power throwing a GPS on me and then DMing me (with his obvious hacks)
      You just lost any and all respect I had for this thread.
      +1

ZomBloR! wrote:

eldrun wrote:

They don't have unlimited weapons you know.
      200 revolvers and unlimited are the same to me tbh.
      You are an idiot

syle22 wrote:

there are no rules being broken here as far as i can tell
      yes

ZomBloR! wrote:

Lol? Verbally harassing me irl about what? The designation that Duer posted definitely fits into what would qualify as "Overtrolling".
      Stop talking about overtrolling

$lovak Power wrote:

Everybody who whines just fucking provocate as much as possible. Its like talking to kids you know... They do exactly what you dont want to. To be honest im peaceful, but when someones disrespect me just a little bit, he must pays this off to me. I hate this kind of people. Lying kids. And im not a cheater... I have been playing dm over and over for about 3 years. Participated many cups and so on. Check my youtube channel, main steam profile etc. But when you cant understand it means you are either stupid or unexperienced. When you are unexperienced in something and you know it, you shouldnt give dem suggestions as i heard past days. And if you dont know you are unexperienced then you are even stupid.

Be nice to me and im nice to you, i promise peace

Btw im not upset as you think
      +1

Nobody wrote:

Without punishing people for simply playing the game the way it was meant to be played too much you guys could maybe set it so that there is no maximum jail time so that people would think twice about getting a ton of crime because they would be in a jail for a while. Also maybe no more custom bribes and have bribes directly correspond with how much time you have left in jail
      +1

Naujoji wrote:

ZomBloR! wrote:

The Doggy wrote:

Nobody wrote:

Without punishing people for simply playing the game the way it was meant to be played too much you guys could maybe set it so that there is no maximum jail time so that people would think twice about getting a ton of crime because they would be in a jail for a while. Also maybe no more custom bribes and have bribes directly correspond with how much time you have left in jail
      2 Problems I can already see with this...1. Picking up 20k from printer, getting killed and then spending 5 hours in jail...2. Cops will still just cuff/uncuff since its the most efficient way to maximize the amount of crime.

We could take away cuff/uncuffs but that ruins alot of the gameplay for people imo.
      Create balance by decreasing crime for counter and increasing crime for murdering people. Basic logic.
      This hurts my heart
    • Not sure what the current plugin is like but what if kill crime was recorded separately from job crime and weighed higher just slightly. Hud wise it would show say

Source Code

1. Format(sHud, sizeof(sHud), "%s", IntToMoney(g_iCrime[Client] += g_iKillCrime[Client]));
      That's off the top of my head so im sure it's not valid code but I think you get the point. Hud would show the combined crime, the back end would weigh kill crime 1-2 times higher when it's actually calculated for jail.

This would allow jobs to work without getting jailed longer when they aren't rdming and not requiring crime for them to be lowered but requires a touch more backend work.

That way, if I got jailed with 20k crime through printing alone, I might get say 5 minutes jail. But If I had 10k crime from printing and 10k crime from killing, I may get 7 minutes in jail. But then if that 20k crime was only from killing, it would provide say 10 minutes in jail. Hud would stay the same and players wouldn't see a difference. But you can effectively keep tweaking jail time for rdmers without ever effecting jobs.
    • Greaser wrote:

duer wrote:

@Greaser change is good
      @duer Depends on what you change
      What if instead of raising jail times we raise the price of guns. And put the VIP Rdm rule back in place.
      I've been wanting to throw out an idea on Raising Guns and Locks/Breakers along with lowering overall housing and food costs on the next full reset. I'm just waiting till a Full Reset is upon us to really try to push the idea.

VIP RDM Rule in my book shouldn't have been removed.

• Volar wrote:

Greaser wrote:

duer wrote:

@Greaser change is good
      @duer Depends on what you changeWhat if instead of raising jail times we raise the price of guns. And put the VIP Rdm rule back in place.
      I've been wanting to throw out an idea on Raising Guns and Locks/Breakers along with lowering overall housing and food costs on the next full reset. I'm just waiting till a Full Reset is upon us to really try to push the idea.
      VIP RDM Rule in my book shouldn't have been removed.
      What was the VIP RDM Rule?
    • Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Yeah plus it's not like they get a steady income from that job.
      The point was the free weapons not the jobs income.
      If a VIP decides to RDM a non-vip then your statement of them not having unlimited guns flies out the window since they do in fact have unlimited guns.
      they have to spend money for expensive ammunition shotgun requires, 6/6 isnt much so it actually costs vip some money if they want to effectively kill someone. also the hp only requires one revolver shot more so vip isn't that big advantage at all.
    • Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Yeah plus it's not like they get a steady income from that job.
      The point was the free weapons not the jobs income.If a VIP decides to RDM a non-vip then your statement of them not having unlimited guns flies out the window since they do in fact have unlimited guns.
      they have to spend money for expensive ammunition shotgun requires, 6/6 isnt much so it actually costs vip some money if they want to effectively kill someone. also the hp only requires one revolver shot more so vip isn't that big advantage at all.
      Current map use all Shotgun ammo / crow bar then jump onto train tracks while your victim is respawning, instantly get back full ammo and health. (Other maps just jump off a building or type kill in console and wait)

It's not Suiciding Out of Combat since you already ended the combat by killing your victim.

It's not the HP and such that is the problem, 1 Revolver Shot kills everything aside from Sex and 2 Cop Ranks or someone that has 200 suit. A newer player being killed on sight is expected to spend cash on Revolvers in the hopes that they can kill the person constantly RDMing him while that person just /vips and begins the spree all over again with no repercussions.

• Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Might as well make VIPs spawn with no weapons at all because you're basically punishing them for using their benifits
      It's meant to be a Perk, not a game changer.
      It was a Rule for years then taken away rather recently, whats the problem with reverting the change?
      It's really not a game changer. In most fights you're going to need more than 6/6 ammo & a crowbar. Plus the perk is a huge asterisk if we make it a rule again. I really haven't seen it being a problem except for a select few people who also like to complain about their own problems they can't handle themselves without admin intervention.
    • Kenay360?<3 wrote:

Everytime i kill someone afk i accept war if u do u should too, to finish war pay amount money items to someone to make peace and dont fuick again cuz it might start over, thats how we played eu rp and i play it there too anyway no rules broken
      I mean, feel free to suck my dick? You'e at war with like 75% of the server if you're upset about being killed while AFK yesterday. Someone killed you yesterday and you rained $4k on them. I probably killed you in the street and didn't even bother to pick up your change. Shoot me all you want I guess but you'll get nothing from me.