Overtrolling Rule [Poll]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Overtrolling Rule [Poll]

Should the Overtrolling rule be removed? 21

The result is only visible to the participants.

I think the overtrolling rule should be gone. People have ruined it and just provoke people and then cry about being killed. Although there should be some limit to killing people but it doesn't matter too much in my opinion.
    • It's literally a line of Text that is stated so players can see it when an Admin finally cracks down on some relentless douche for being an overbearing nuisance to someone.

I'm more inclined to make it Tiny text and somewhat hidden in the MOTD so people stop crying about it. If an Admin feels like someone has gone too far THEN it is to be enforced. Not any random person crying out that they are being Over Trolled cause someones killing them.

Edit - The Problem isn't the Rule it's the players interpretation of the Rule and everyone crying about everything negative happening to them.

• Our job when the victim starts complaining about it is to begin Monitoring the situation and talking to the person that is making their life a living hell.
      We have to get both sides of the story and advise from there. If it seems unreasonable and continues to persist for a long period of time without any indication of being resolved we can step in with the Rule.

• Overtrolling has nothing to do with killing it's there for reason, irl harassment stuff etc you know what i mean, like person 1 finds person 2's facebook profile and person 2's mom is dead and there is memorial speech on his wall, then person 1 starts talking shit about person 2's dead mother and copies stuff from facebook wall ingame sprays whatsoever, that is overtrolling.
    • Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

Overtrolling has nothing to do with killing it's there for reason, irl harassment stuff etc you know what i mean, like person 1 finds person 2's facebook profile and person 2's mom is dead and there is memorial speech on his wall, then person 1 starts talking shit about person 2's dead mother and copies stuff from facebook wall ingame sprays whatsoever, that is overtrolling.
      That's not my thoughts on Over Trolling at all. The chances of something like that is astronomically low unless the Victim is just throwing out Real Life information like it's candy(In which case the Victim is probably special in some way).

Your description is a form of Slander/Harassment and in many parts of the world can be used in a court of law against the person to convict them. (Check Internet Law / Cyberlaw)

• Volar wrote:

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

Overtrolling has nothing to do with killing it's there for reason, irl harassment stuff etc you know what i mean, like person 1 finds person 2's facebook profile and person 2's mom is dead and there is memorial speech on his wall, then person 1 starts talking shit about person 2's dead mother and copies stuff from facebook wall ingame sprays whatsoever, that is overtrolling.
      That's not my thoughts on Over Trolling at all. The chances of something like that is astronomically low unless the Victim is just throwing out Real Life information like it's candy(In which case the Victim is probably special in some way).
      Your description is a form of Slander/Harassment and in many parts of the world can be used in a court of law against the person to convict them. (Check Internet Law / Cyberlaw)
      whatever you say boss
    • Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

LOL. That's really how you perceive Overtrolling? Jesus...
    • ZomBloR! wrote:

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

except that's how the rule was originally perceives by players back in the old days.
    • eldrun wrote:

ZomBloR! wrote:

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

except that's how the rule was originally perceives by players back in the old days.
      I mean, that makes me lol. That's not overtrolling, that's being the victim of a fucking psychopath and stems into actual real legal issues.
    • ZomBloR! wrote:

eldrun wrote:

ZomBloR! wrote:

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

I mean, that makes me lol. That's not overtrolling, that's being the victim of a fucking psychopath and stems into actual real legal issues.
      i was more so refering to real life attacks or cyberbulling even if you don't have stuff from their real life.
    • duer wrote:

let me ask you this,

when they say - "I will literally hunt you and kill every single time I am on the server, forever"

does that mean they'll actually do that?

or do they forget?, change?, reconsider, youknow.....like human beings?

not to get all deepand shit, but RP is full of oppoprtunities for the above to happen
      Maybe not the literal forever, but a 4-7 day non-stop DM is pretty much a huge eyeroll at some point.