Overtrolling Rule [Poll]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ZomBloR! wrote:

duer wrote:

syle22 wrote:

either way, overtrolling is being used as a scapegoat for RDM and thats not what its for.

I think there is a difference between RDM and "I will literally hunt you and kill every single time I am on the server, forever". Where is the line fellas?
      there really isnt a difference, conflict is conflict. regardless of what they say, as long as they are using mechanics of the game to target specific enemys.

It becomes over trolling when they are consistently harassing people with unwarranted comments and have the piss poor attitude to go along with it, that an admin steps in to judge. Also things like killing under 10s, breaking other rules, have an impact on that decision. If we see fit to remove you because you are toxic we will do so, it should have nothing to do with rdm.
    • syle22 wrote:

ZomBloR! wrote:

duer wrote:

syle22 wrote:

either way, overtrolling is being used as a scapegoat for RDM and thats not what its for.

I think there is a difference between RDM and "I will literally hunt you and kill every single time I am on the server, forever". Where is the line fellas?
      there really isnt a difference, conflict is conflict. regardless of what they say, as long as they are using mechanics of the game to target specific enemys.
      It becomes over trolling when they are consistently harassing people with unwarranted comments and have the piss poor attitude to go along with it, that an admin steps in to judge. Also things like killing under 10s, breaking other rules, have an impact on that decision. If we see fit to remove you because you are toxic we will do so, it should have nothing to do with rdm.
      Fair 'nuff I suppose. If that's the way you guys like it then I'm all for it I suppose. I have actually seen people complaining a lot less about RDM lately tbh. Idk, it may spike again but whatever. I think the jail time is a big A+ though.
    • People will always complain of rdm.

what we really need to manage is the admins to be on the same page when it comes to enforcement of harassment. having the ability to differentiate between normal conflict and the toxic environment some try to create.

Removing the rule entirely you could say would remove the complaints, but we still want to enforce a level of respect between all partys, while not removing the element of conflict that exists inherently in RP.

Things like the jail timer are better solutions because they are game coded feautres everyone must follow, not arbitrary rules that must be enforced
    • Honestly the server needs an overtrolling rule. But the higher ups need to fully explain how it works and when to enforce it and a full clear definition that even normal players can view in game. Clearly everyone is disagreeing or calling things overtrolling even if it's not. If overtrolling is a scape goat for rdm, explain it fully in the motd some where. This will at least reduce it or give something on official rules admins can direct players to. Rather than a wiki on the forum.

There is something helpful already there and I could certainly be wrong but is there anything explainable or doable for say, someone steals my printer, I demand payment and kill them on sight every single day im playing and if they are broke they can never pay me back so I will never stop killing them. At what point in that scenario could one move from player caused conflict to harassment or over trolling if they are no longer able to play the game based on a decision they made. Or how can either side prove something is overtrolling. If i run someone off the server for fun and just say "he owes me money" can we easily verify this over weeks of logs? Can the other party verify otherwise? When does me getting what was stolen from me become torment? Because there have been multiple cases in this month alone where killing someone until they pay a fee has caused people to leave or admins intervene because it gets so bad. We need solutions to stop it reaching that point in the first place.

Best option though is just coding it so you can't overtroll. But that requires two devs, one to work on bugs and small stuff and one for overhauls like this that are needed. Because we can detail things, clearly write things out to make them understandable and we can try and lessen the grey areas. Unfortunately unless it's through code, there will still be a grey area. The server needs to move away from removing rules because they are troublesome and start working on solutions to fix the problem.

Killing under 10's solvable, nokillzone camping solvable, menu binding solvable, overtrolling harder but you can at least cushion the effects of it, evading jail by switching to cop solvable, using keys as cops etc you get the point.

Perhaps we stop voting on keeping or removing a rule but finding the root cause of these interactions and fixing them.

The post was edited 3 times, last by BobVeka ().

• eldrun wrote:

< I say something and automatically I'm a troll
      > Syle says same thing with a few different words and then equals god.

Love you too guys.
      It's not everything you say, but just that you say certain stuff on certain posts. So then I will leave comments on said certain posts. But I don't comment on every post you put. So its not that I dislike every one of your posts and think everyone else's is great. Just this one was good, another was bad. :D