Address To The Players Of Syles RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Address To The Players Of Syles RP

Many of you logged on today to find the Economy had inflated Sky High with Several people on the Bankers High Score List having a sudden massive fortune.

This Announcement is to calm your minds. The inflation was caused by a Bugged Printer giving a player 1.2 Billion Dollars(Rounded). The other player at the time has 76 Million from Cuffing and sending to jail the Bugged Printer Player. The rest of the cash influxes are from the Bugged Printer Player not reporting the bug and instead giving out the cash like Candy to others as well as items which he bought with the bugged money.

I have spent the last 10 hours so far and climbing in sifting through logs and trying to correct this. At the moment I have the majority accounted for and handled. There are a few more I am waiting for to log on so I may get the Economy back to what it was(at the very least close to) before the sudden influx.

I just want the players to know this is a serious offense. I have given the main player a 14 Days Ban and have Reset him to 0. (I'm now working on his Prior Wealth to the bug to give him back at-least some stuff)

If you as a player find a bug or exploit don't just use it and abuse it, tell an Admin. If you decide not to, know that our logging system is quite extensive. Everything you do and use on the Server is logged and view-able if need be.

I would like to Apologize to you, the Players, for this inconvenience.

The Staff of Syles RP isn't the largest but do know we do try to meet the needs of the people. Thank you all for your understanding and patience in this chaotic time.

• No idea what caused the bug, but I have put the new version of the plugin on the server which should automatically fix this and prevent a future incident of this type.

What I suspect is that there was a rare data error where some bits got flipped and coincidentally caused the printer to boost to that much money. Such an error can happen at any time, and has an almost nonexistent probability of occurring.
  • Also, Bob you say that I have been inactive. While that is partially true, I have been very active behind the scenes.

I thought the previous code of my plugin was stable, and it was. Somehow it became unstable over time, and I have no clue why it did. However this version is now incredibly stable. There are only 6 minor bugs to fix, and 2 entity optimizations to implement.

After that I will start drilling in features. Just understand that I also have school and such.

Also Doggy has been doing a lot of work on the previous plugin, yes. I will be coding up a basic template and a tutorial for him that goes in depth about the rules and regulations of writing modules for the main plugin that way he can continue to participate.
  • CheesyBread wrote:

Also, Bob you say that I have been inactive. While that is partially true, I have been very active behind the scenes.

I thought the previous code of my plugin was stable, and it was. Somehow it became unstable over time, and I have no clue why it did. However this version is now incredibly stable. There are only 6 minor bugs to fix, and 2 entity optimizations to implement.

After that I will start drilling in features. Just understand that I also have school and such.

Also Doggy has been doing a lot of work on the previous plugin, yes. I will be coding up a basic template and a tutorial for him that goes in depth about the rules and regulations of writing modules for the main plugin that way he can continue to participate.
    Uh, im aware you have been active behind the scenes? Also, your previous code did get a bit more unstable over time but there was always data loss issues but I won't start debating that for no needed reason. This thread is an an address where I thanked Volar for using your awesome logs to help restore an issue that happened.