Door Locks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I wish that each lock added to a door caused an extra 10milliseconds of delay in the unlocking of the door and in the locking of the door.

Be great if we could buy chewing gum and superglue for stuffing locks too. There could be acetone on sale to remove the glue.

santa
    • I'm not sure if you're busting our balls or this is a real suggestion, but well, to be honest, that seems counter productive. We try to make enough money to be safe behind lcoked doors. Having each lock causing a delay, would want make us reconsider having 10.000 locks on each door. We all already have lost the interest in making money for guns or for houses since we're stacked on both, that would literally take away the only goal that those who already are stacked in most aspects have and just promote troll.

I'm about to leave home, with 20.000$ from my printer and I can't get out because someone placed gum in the locks and I have no acetone and can't get out. rip me
    • YES, I am trying to make you have to evaluate how many locks to use. There was even a rule for a while stating the max number allowable.
      The game dynamic IS hard to balance. The big load of locks on certain doors with a large group of players hiding there is causing MORE trolling of the poorer players.
      I want the rich guys targetted.

In the past we HAVE had rich guys warring rich guys, but at present there is only one enclave.

Maybe we need to revisit how many keys can be handed out. [And that takes us back to Gang topics].

Maybe locks should be only added one at a time.
      Maybe locks should have to be removed from the door to clean them when I put gum in them.
    • Koala wrote:

Maybe locks should have to be removed from the door to clean them when I put gum in them.
      :thumbsup:
      The thing is, instead of inciting the other players to create a rival house (gang) with their own 10k locks and/or want to break ours, or see us on the street and straight DM us, you guys want to add more restrictions.
      It would be so much of a gameplay if there actually were rivals and raids and mugs by certain groups...
      The house you're mentioning, doesn't have a banker or a drug dealer inside, there's still a route we have to make to deposit or sell the drugs, we could be ambushed by said players. There are house rules and one of them is to not have a bounty inside the house, so either a cop comes cuff us, or we leave the house, being that at both options we would have to open the door, they could just kill us and enter. We could have someone permanently outside waiting for us. It would make us want to create a way of managing this, maybe burn this one and move to a couple other (10k locks would be devided by the new houses). Or maybe we would want payback and do the same to their houses, for exemple. The problem would then be the afk's in the house right? The server could create a afk room or kick the players 20 min after no movement.
      This could be pushed in if features or content (like jobs that have impact on locks, like a locksmith with some sort of capacity, or a mugger that would have some sort of benefit from killing and making others drop weed, like he could sell it for a small percentage more, specially since it would at best raise a small bit of profit if abused anyway) were added to promote this kind of change, the server could be way more active. No more "New Player: ABC (after 10 seconds of joininh asks) ABC: is this server always so dead?" daily routine.
    • So Koala brings up an interesting point. I don't necessarily want to discourage people that have made their fortune and punish them for amassing their money. At them same time, this game could be a lot more fun with people spread out and doing their own thing. Not many people are going to be able to impact a house with 5+ guys with 10k locks. I see the reason for Koala's post. He wants the economy moving and more action in the game. Sitting behind an unbreakable wall gets boring, and I've been there. Now, I live alone and if people break my locks, gives me more to do in fighting back and rebuilding.

So with all that said. I don't want to negatively impact those that are progressing in the rp, but do want to find some way to stimulate players. Koala's ideas hit a lot of good points and so does Sazuke. Why don't we try both???
    • The thing is Goner, I made those suggestions to try and avoid a reset. You know why? Because the playerbase was told and I will do my best to duplicate the words: "There wont be an econ reset after all, syle wants to bring back gangs and with a lot of rich people, they will eventually gather". This was said, by an admin, online on the server after one of your admin meetings.
      We, literally, tried to follow the plan laid out for us and didn't spend randomly on the last map to save for this one. Then out of no where, the admins have a mood swing and want the exact same thing they did before because the new thing doesn't satisfy them.
      I mean, the server doesn't have to be a democracy or anything, but it's unfair for players that things get thrown in and out like this... most of the decisions should be taken by admins who actually spend time in the community, it's never going to hit well if you have less than a day on the server and think that what worked back in 2012 will work now.

PS: when a majority of people were tired of rdm and a few even stopped playing, not a single thing was done. Now people complain about the locks and shit hits the ceiling and there must be a reset or limit immediatelly or the server will go crazy.
    • Sazuke wrote:

The thing is Goner, I made those suggestions to try and avoid a reset. You know why? Because the playerbase was told and I will do my best to duplicate the words: "There wont be an econ reset after all, syle wants to bring back gangs and with a lot of rich people, they will eventually gather". This was said, by an admin, online on the server after one of your admin meetings.
      We, literally, tried to follow the plan laid out for us and didn't spend randomly on the last map to save for this one. Then out of no where, the admins have a mood swing and want the exact same thing they did before because the new thing doesn't satisfy them.
      I mean, the server doesn't have to be a democracy or anything, but it's unfair for players that things get thrown in and out like this... most of the decisions should be taken by admins who actually spend time in the community, it's never going to hit well if you have less than a day on the server and think that what worked back in 2012 will work now.

PS: when a majority of people were tired of rdm and a few even stopped playing, not a single thing was done. Now people complain about the locks and shit hits the ceiling and there must be a reset or limit immediatelly or the server will go crazy.
      As I've said in another Thread Resets tend to happen once per year. This map change was the 12th month mark. I have a purposed Econ Reset for the next map change which if goes as scheduled would be at the 15 months mark.

My proposal for the Econ Reset has nothing to do with current locks on doors. Hell when I made it I didn't even know there was a house on the map with 10k locks on the front door and 10k locks on the upper door inside the same house.

You honestly can't take what one Admin says for Absolute Truth UNLESS it's Syle. There is a reason why if I'm on the Server and talking about possible changes and such I say Speculated or in the works but don't keep your hopes up. Unless I've talked to Syle and know for a fact something is happening I won't just spout out this is whats happening.

• Volar wrote:

You honestly can't take what one Admin says for Absolute Truth UNLESS it's Syle. There is a reason why if I'm on the Server and talking about possible changes and such I say Speculated or in the works but don't keep your hopes up. Unless I've talked to Syle and know for a fact something is happening I won't just spout out this is whats happening.
      I wasn't talking about you Volar, tbh, it was still in Freeman City that we were told this.
      I agree, next map there should be an econ reset. I want to feel that adrenaline kick from having to make money.
      I just don't think the "10k locks" should be the reason behind it, that's all.
    • Sazuke wrote:

Volar wrote:

I wasn't talking about you Volar, tbh, it was still in Freeman City that we were told this.I agree, next map there should be an econ reset. I want to feel that adrenaline kick from having to make money.
      I just don't think the "10k locks" should be the reason behind it, that's all.
      10k locks isn't the reason behind it.

I have changes that I'm getting input on and we'll see what happens. Most will be talked about this Saturday. One of the ideas that was purposed that wasn't from me was possibly limiting the amount of locks allowed on a door(Again this was said before any of the participating parties even knew there were that many locks on a house). The idea was to promote more activity instead of pure AFK. Whats being talked about is if this should be a thing and if so an actual number thats not too small but not large either, especially with houses that have multiple doors to hide behind. Raiding use to be a major thing a bit over a year ago, even with only 1000 locks on the front door you were ''safe'' but it depended on if you pissed off anyone else that actually had money, we're not trying to go back to 4 years ago. I've made too many Rule proposals and changes for the betterment of the Server to just go back to something that the majority at the time felt was a flawed system.

• It was never about the 10k locks. Lol. I've made tons of money and i know the paintstaking work put into it. Again, i said i dont want to negatively impact the rich, but at the same time, cause more active playing. To have a 500-1k lock limit each door still keeps out nubs and makes it still costly to break in. So still fun but protected :D. I'm more concerned about making sure people are enjoying the server, not trying to make it so no one can do anything. We will make a fair analysis
    • The Brits used to have a Window Tax.
      We can have a lock tax. [Nowhere near as difficult as wealth tax.]

Tax Threshold of x locks, OR an escalating sliding scale.
      Assessed daily with a tweak to foil the creepy tax avoiders.
      Paid from door-owner's bank and/or taking locks from the door.

There have to be drains on the wealth - it is why things in the game cost money.
    • Koala wrote:

The Brits used to have a Window Tax.
      We can have a lock tax. [Nowhere near as difficult as wealth tax.]

Tax Threshold of x locks, OR an escalating sliding scale.
      Assessed daily with a tweak to foil the creepy tax avoiders.
      Paid from door-owner's bank and/or taking locks from the door.

There have to be drains on the wealth - it is why things in the game cost money.
      i like this

• I didn't know The United States was communist? :O. Goodness. I forgot paying taxes, rent/mortgage on a house, and just fees for living was communist. Haha. but in reality, Not communists at all. Just putting in things that can exist in reality and implementing them doesn't make us communists o.o.
    • Goner wrote:

I didn't know The United States was communist? :O. Goodness. I forgot paying taxes, rent/mortgage on a house, and just fees for living was communist. Haha. but in reality, Not communists at all. Just putting in things that can exist in reality and implementing them doesn't make us communists o.o.
      I was joking.
      But to be fair, taxes created to take wealth away from the rich is kinda commie, madam Secretary Clinton.