doggy the basic admin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• doggy the basic admin

this player is making it hard for other players to play this game. not only am i out of alot of money from spending on lock breakers to weapons to get to a target.... but he killed me after i have done all the work. not am i the only one that he's been doing this too but others as well.. it's getting to the point where i just want to throw up my hands and forget this server. this has happened on more than one occassion on my behalf but others as well... i would like something to be done before this entire server becomes vacant because doggy keeps killing them for no absolute reason, but also cannot even get to the bank fast enough to even save up for anything.
  • doggy has contributed a TON for this server from testing code and fixing bugs, creating a tutorial from scratch, implementing the cop exp, adding noob skins etc

give him some slack, ik getting dm'ed isnt fun, but our servers arent for everyone i suppose

make no mistake - he isnt doing anything wrong - if you cant handle being killed, then RP isnt for you
  • duer wrote:

doggy has contributed a TON for this server from testing code and fixing bugs, creating a tutorial from scratch, implementing the cop exp, adding noob skins etc
    I don't think this is a good excuse for anything tho Duer, that would be like saying "Mike manages the forums, so let him do his thing everytime he joins the server", the work made as a contribution to the server should not allow you to have extra rights.

That being said, i don't really think that's the case with Doggy. No one likes to be RDM'd, that's why those who RDM don't attack others who RDM themselves. But Doggy just goes around shooting and it's fun for everyone. I for once immediately go cop and try to jail him, it's quite a test since he's a good shot, very fast and *cough* aimbots everyday. I don't really feel like there is such a negative impact on the +6 hours that I spend on the server, he just comes online and we all normally join the fun, others start shooting, like Kadaw, Rocket joins as a cop... it's kind of a server peculiarity, like Duer said, the server isn't for everyone, it eventually grows on you.
  • Sazuke wrote:

duer wrote:

doggy has contributed a TON for this server from testing code and fixing bugs, creating a tutorial from scratch, implementing the cop exp, adding noob skins etc
    I don't think this is a good excuse for anything tho Duer, that would be like saying "Mike manages the forums, so let him do his thing everytime he joins the server", the work made as a contribution to the server should not allow you to have extra rights.
    true, but RDMing isnt an extra right lol, im just saying doggy helps the server..........and you are complaining about getting rdm'ed

Sazuke wrote:

it's kind of a server peculiarity, like Duer said, the server isn't for everyone, it eventually grows on you.
    this
  • duer wrote:

give him some slack, ik getting dm'ed isnt fun, but our servers arent for everyone i suppose

make no mistake - he isnt doing anything wrong - if you cant handle being killed, then RP isnt for you
    What does this have to do with the topic?

This player has a complaint about an individual, your responce should be focused on that issue.
    Not whatever contributions he has made in the past. He still has to abide by the rules. We told Doggy this when we first gave him admin.
    Stop making excuses as to why you dont want to take this seriously.
    Your last line doesnt make sense, at all.
    "Make no mistake - he isnt doing anything wrong..." Yes he is, if he's mass rdm'ing to the point where the game is unplayable for people, then he is doing something wrong.

"if you cant handle being killed, then RP is not for you" WTF are you saying Duer? RP isnt just about killing random people, if you want to do that you go to a (T)DM server, RP is where people go to get away from the constantly killing of DM servers.

If youre just going to sit there and make excuses for someone because either you consider them a friend or youre afraid of backlash from the parties involved, maybe you cant handle it and admin isnt for you.
    Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
    i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
  • Dane Vogel wrote:

duer wrote:

This player has a complaint about an individual, your responce should be focused on that issue.
    Not whatever contributions he has made in the past. He still has to abide by the rules. We told Doggy this when we first gave him admin.
    "Make no mistake - he isnt doing anything wrong..." Yes he is, if he's mass rdm'ing to the point where the game is unplayable for people, then he is doing something wrong.

"if you cant handle being killed, then RP is not for you" WTF are you saying Duer? RP isnt just about killing random people, if you want to do that you go to a (T)DM server, RP is where people go to get away from the constantly killing of DM servers.

If youre just going to sit there and make excuses for someone because either you consider them a friend or youre afraid of backlash from the parties involved, maybe you cant handle it and admin isnt for you.
    HE DIDNT BREAK RULES DANE - what im saying is he should accept doggy for his personal behavior ESPECIALLY when he has contributed in the past and hasnt broke any rules (at least regarding this topic of over DMing)
  • So killing someone again and again and again to the point to where they cant get anything done, save any money, accomplish nothing, is perfectly fine?

If thats the case im just going to go into GodMode and just @pointslay everyone i see or just run sm_slay @all every 2 minutes. Because to me, that is the same exact thing.
  • Dane Vogel wrote:

duer wrote:

Where was all this when we had multiple "Over Trolling" cases that involved RDM and majority cried there was nothing wrong with RDM and I had to say it's dependent on the case and severity.

• Volar wrote:

Dane Vogel wrote:

duer wrote:

What does this have to do with the topic?This player has a complaint about an individual, your responce should be focused on that issue.

Where was all this when we had multiple "Over Trolling" cases that involved RDM and majority cried there was nothing wrong with RDM and I had to say it's dependent on the case and severity.
    Clarify.
  • duer wrote:

DOGGY IS NOT PICKING ON CHAKAT PERSONALLY
    Capslock doesnt make you cool. It makes you sound like youre 12.

But the fact remains, you clearly just decided to throw this "report" to the wind because youre friends with Doggy.
    If you know you cant be unbiased dont respond.
  • Duer is not biased, he is just stating his opinion on the situation and given that he was actually on the server when it occurred he has more of a right than you to do so Dane. I don't agree that just because I've done bug testing or coded or whatever that I should get off the hook or be looked upon favourably at all, I should be judged the same as any other admin/player.

Now, I believe what pushed chakat to make this post was when I killed him after I had seen him pick up about 8k from a player he broke 150 locks from to kill. (Please correct me if wrong chakat.) After which he said he was done with trying to make money or save up money just to have it all taken. Now this seems like something a player would do right? Killing someone when they have obvious gain on them? I think players views are skewed on this just because I'm an admin and am not supposed to be playing the game anymore or something? If I see someone picking up a large amount of money or with a bounty I AM going to kill you.
    I don't constantly pick on only one person, I don't play favourites or anything, if someone has a complaint with what I'm doing, most of the time they bring it up to me or another admin who then brings it up to me and it gets resolved most of the time.
  • Dane Vogel wrote:

duer wrote:

Capslock doesnt make you cool. It makes you sound like youre 12.
    But the fact remains, you clearly just decided to throw this "report" to the wind because youre friends with Doggy.
    If you know you cant be unbiased dont respond.
    The amount of times youve done that you have no room to speak.

Not saying playing favorites is right, but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyways I dont see a problem here??

eldrun wrote:

BPN17 wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Dane Vogel wrote:

duer wrote:

Capslock doesnt make you cool. It makes you sound like youre 12.But the fact remains, you clearly just decided to throw this "report" to the wind because youre friends with Doggy.If you know you cant be unbiased dont respond.
    The amount of times youve done that you have no room to speak.Not saying playing favorites is right, but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    Anyways I dont see a problem here??
    why the hell do u even get on forums when u don't even play? what the point?
    I get on when I can. Honestly just waiting for a reset mainly though.
  • rdm and lockbreaking is not illegal locked

The Doggy wrote:

Duer is not biased, he is just stating his opinion on the situation and given that he was actually on the server when it occurred he has more of a right than you to do so Dane. I don't agree that just because I've done bug testing or coded or whatever that I should get off the hook or be looked upon favourably at all, I should be judged the same as any other admin/player.

Now, I believe what pushed chakat to make this post was when I killed him after I had seen him pick up about 8k from a player he broke 150 locks from to kill. (Please correct me if wrong chakat.) After which he said he was done with trying to make money or save up money just to have it all taken. Now this seems like something a player would do right? Killing someone when they have obvious gain on them? I think players views are skewed on this just because I'm an admin and am not supposed to be playing the game anymore or something? If I see someone picking up a large amount of money or with a bounty I AM going to kill you.
    I don't constantly pick on only one person, I don't play favourites or anything, if someone has a complaint with what I'm doing, most of the time they bring it up to me or another admin who then brings it up to me and it gets resolved most of the time.