consideration of quitting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• consideration of quitting

do you feel the same way? 18

The result is only visible to the participants.

there is so much to consider... i don't mind a challenge but there is a line to which a challenge is over thrown and placed into a catagory of trolling others.

shure i kill AFK players, i just don't kill someone who's moving about in the game unless they killed me, getting revenge, and so on. i try to be considerate but i see that such consideration is not placed nor passed upon others. i mean i don't have that much money on the server, nor guns, nor locks, but when i do i use them and bam they're gone. there is a group of people whom have alot of money and spend it well and then there are others who spend money and just troll the crud outa someone or people.

at the current time, im in the middle of a decision of whether or not to quit. don't get me wrong,... there are several really good players whom are respected and earned my respect such as few like " doom, duer, koala, mazoo, " whom has gotten and earned my respect towards them, others however have not and make the game " in my op." horrible for any player whom want's to play the game and this includes new players. they get intimidated at the sight of being relentlessly shot for any amount of money. there are even players whom use hacks " cheats, bypasses, the grey area" to gain an advantage over someone or everyone who is playing by the rules.

it's just gotten to the point where no one... except for the one killing active players "to even save up a dime" has fun . yes, some have vip which has several advantages but there are some people who cant even defend againt the vip's who have high health, and spawn with weapons consistantly and abuse it.
  • look, quit if u must, we aint perfect

but if you really want change, be proactive, make suggestions, post ideas, record evidence post on forums, participate and contribute to the discussions

this is the first post ive seen u make in awhile, and its just sad - i dont see you doing anything to make us better
    do not mope, do not complain do not whine dont just be reactive

seeya chakat
  • Chakat firestorm wrote:

but there are some people who cant even defend againt the vip's who have high health, and spawn with weapons consistantly and abuse it.
    I kind of agree with this, there's a way where you can pay to win in DM unless the other guy can shot straight headshots. Which, in turn, makes hard to defend against, since they don't only use it for mugs or such, they literally go around the map just shooting.
    I know its the way the server is made and revenue is only normal, but %50 more life, start with guns as soon as you spawn and have access to a building that other players don't, is imo more OP than the 10k lock problem everyone complains about, we only have the "access to building" part.

-------------back to the thread------------------

I get what you're saying, but there are people that still make a lot of Money and have a safe home. I see it everyday, new players that join and do /stats a couple days later and my jaw drops. They just work harder. I remember Dobby and Leviossa from the last map, not sure if anyone recalls them, two spanish chicks or kids that spent like two straight weeks in the server just robbing. They started trying to plant weed and print, but they kept being mugged, so they only rob. In the timeframe of a week, they were living on the penthouse of the Luxury Aparments, a 500k house. And were now working for locks. I think everyone misses the starting days where there was that rush in us, now you probably feel a bit bored anyway and having that ongoing problems you mention, you feel like quitting. People might feel the same, but we mostly play for the community, we like to hang there and talk and just have fun, even by doing what you're saying is the reason you might quit, because we get a bit bored, we are mostly in a chat room where sometimes you can do fun stuff, sometimes people decide the fun stuff is to do shit to others. I don't personally, but since I view it more as a nice community, I stick around. If you don't really feel that and don't enjoy the gameplay either, then maybe you're right, it's time to quit.
  • Sazuke wrote:

I kind of agree with this, there's a way where you can pay to win in DM unless the other guy can shot straight headshots. Which, in turn, makes hard to defend against, since they don't only use it for mugs or such, they literally go around the map just shooting.
    I know its the way the server is made and revenue is only normal, but %50 more life, start with guns as soon as you spawn and have access to a building that other players don't, is imo more OP than the 10k lock problem everyone complains about, we only have the "access to building" part.
    To be fair VIP has been nerf'd significantly from the past with HP and Weapons. The main limiting factor with the job is that it's a job and you can't do anything but Rob or kill others while in it without switching to another job. Honestly VIP wasn't that big a problem until we reverted the Rule that made VIP RDM not allowed.

On Topic - Honestly it's however you feel. If you want to quit then do so but if you feel there is hope then stick around. If anything you could take a break for a while and come back to see hope you feel then.

• In reality, or rather to say my opinion. RP was never really a game in which much was done. It was more of a mod in which you relax with others and just get to know others and chill. Sure do a little this, little of that. Making money is cool and all, but ultimately, its a game. So maybe take a step back, take some time off. But if anything come back and try it again. If its not for you and you aren't feeling the community, maybe that's your answer. I would love for you to stay, but what am I to say if you have negative feelings. Hope this doesn't sound cold in anyway, I genuinely meant it, and hope you take my words as helpful advice.

duer wrote:

look, quit if u must, we aint perfect

but if you really want change, be proactive, make suggestions, post ideas, record evidence post on forums, participate and contribute to the discussions

this is the first post ive seen u make in awhile, and its just sad - i dont see you doing anything to make us better
    AND DANG DUER. SO JADED NOW. SO CYNICAL hehe :D
  • duer wrote:

look, quit if u must, we aint perfect

seeya chakat
    i don't like making posts therefore i suggest edits to those whom are online such as a couple times on this current map where i pointed out the " negative lock" limit that was bugged on my door, several areas on another map where i had doom assist me in problem solving a section of map. i listen, i look, i tell, and watch it work again. what is sad is that you don't see that i work in the shadows, helping spot and fix things in the shadows with admins help. THAT there is sad that you cannt see something plainly before you. ask doom, koala, and several other admins where i assisted them while i was online with them, JUST because i don't make posts on the forums very often, DOESN'T mean that i am not assisting or being proactive.
  • I'd hate to see you go dude we've had fun times together but I suggest rather than quitting completely just take a break from it all for a bit and see how you feel in like a week or so maybe things will have changed. I left because I found shit overwhelming on the server and I was dealing with personal stuff too but I came back and I like it better here now I feel safer and it's more inviting but it might not be that way to all people so just take your time dude and you will be missed if you leave.
  • HISPANIC TREE CAT wrote:

I'd hate to see you go dude we've had fun times together but I suggest rather than quitting completely just take a break from it all for a bit and see how you feel in like a week or so maybe things will have changed. I left because I found shit overwhelming on the server and I was dealing with personal stuff too but I came back and I like it better here now I feel safer and it's more inviting but it might not be that way to all people so just take your time dude and you will be missed if you leave.

agreed.... suppose i do need to take some time off.
  • Chakat firestorm wrote:

HISPANIC TREE CAT wrote:

I'd hate to see you go dude we've had fun times together but I suggest rather than quitting completely just take a break from it all for a bit and see how you feel in like a week or so maybe things will have changed. I left because I found shit overwhelming on the server and I was dealing with personal stuff too but I came back and I like it better here now I feel safer and it's more inviting but it might not be that way to all people so just take your time dude and you will be missed if you leave.
    agreed.... suppose i do need to take some time off.
    That moment when you said this but he ignores it and then quotes the next guy. :/