Deposit Command

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deposit Command

Is the Deposit Command still needed?
    We have had the double-e for ages now.

The deposit command is limiting us in where we can place bankers.
    If range isn't a solution then do we still NEED the command? Can it go?

:?:
  • I agree with both. If deposit command isn't needed, maybe take it out. And about the VIP command, i think it should just be an instant switch instead of a timer. That way, the /vip command will fall under the same as the other ways to die instantly. This would make rulings a lot easier and solidify a response to the breaking of suiciding out of combat rule.
  • Because of the rule change the timers are now adding to problems instead of reducing them. Ten seconds on VIP is a long time and it is easy to have activated and then get attacked. [Not talking about deliberate activating prior to a suspected attack].

Unless the cop and vip timers fulfill some purpose take them out. [ Cheesy told me he originally put them in to help with policing the old suicide rule iirc - ie coding instead of rules.]
  • I will remove the timers and add in a combat flagging system.
    If you get damaged by another player, you will be combat flagged with a combat flag time of 0.
    For every second you go without getting damaged by any other player, your combat flag time goes up by 1.
    If your combat flag time reaches 30 then you are unflagged.
    If you die by another player's hand or if you get cuffed, you will be unflagged.

If you are flagged, the plugin will not allow you to sm_vip, sm_switch, or kill, explaining that you are combat flagged with X seconds left before being unflagged.

The plugin will also tell you when you have been combat flagged or combat unflagged.

Once the above system is in place, death by sm_vip, sm_switch, or console kill will always be allowed.

Additionally, if you leave the server while combat flagged, a log entry will be made in the standard logs.

This is one of the changes for the next plugin work cycle.
  • CheesyBread wrote:

I will remove the timers and add in a combat flagging system.
    If you get damaged by another player, you will be combat flagged with a combat flag time of 0.
    For every second you go without getting damaged by any other player, your combat flag time goes up by 1.
    If your combat flag time reaches 30 then you are unflagged.
    If you die by another player's hand or if you get cuffed, you will be unflagged.

If you are flagged, the plugin will not allow you to sm_vip, sm_switch, or kill, explaining that you are combat flagged with X seconds left before being unflagged.

The plugin will also tell you when you have been combat flagged or combat unflagged.

Once the above system is in place, death by sm_vip, sm_switch, or console kill will always be allowed.

Additionally, if you leave the server while combat flagged, a log entry will be made in the standard logs.

This is one of the changes for the next plugin work cycle.
    I've been meaning to bring up for awhile and since you'll be making adjustments I figured I'd say it here.

Since Cops now drop cash when killed wouldn't it make sense to remove the coding that stops Cops from being able to purchase from Vendors? I've also been wondering why Cops wages are going straight to bank now while Rebels still goes to Wallet.

• CheesyBread wrote:

Cop wage and other earnings go straight to bank because they are cops and cops are usually player targets. Only money they pick up off the ground goes to cash.

I see your point though. If cops drop cash then there's no more worries of abuse.
    Yeah I noticed the swap to wage to bank for Cops a few days ago and wondered why it went back. It could go back to wallet again and remove the limitation so that it's fair on both sides.

I know it was put into place back in the day due to cops not being able to drop cash but now thats a thing of the past.

• I see no use for the deposit command as well and if it's preventing the admins from putting npcs/bankers in certain places, why not get rid of it?

Also I don't believe there should be a timer on switching to VIP. Very pointless in my opinion. Everyone should know better that you can not suicide out of combat just to switch to VIP. Simple as that.