Guilty as charged. Well, if charged in the first place.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guilty as charged. Well, if charged in the first place.

First off i just want to clearify that I wasen't banned or anything,
    this is basicly a confession with a detailed explaination of what happend regarding the printer bug
    and maybe an appeal incase you decide to ban me ( I know zou alreadz reset all my items and money)
    but I was confused on where to write it, so I thought this is the best place.

Yes, I did find the printer glitch a long time ago and didn't report it.
    because I didn't know that I did.
    But please at least let me explain myself before pre-judging my intentions
    (Just note that If you decide to ban me I'm not really trying to convince you not to, or even reduce the time of the ban, or even make it non-permanent if want to do so. I'm more than happy to face the consequences that you choose for me.)

When I first found the glitch I was still practically new to the server
    and it was my first ever roleplay experience, I wasn't clear on how to report bugs and glitches,
    To be honest I didn't even know what a glitch is (yes, really)
    I didn't even know how the server operates
    as stupid as it sounds, I just thought that I hit the jackpot and that was it.

The thing is,
    I've tried way too many times to equip the printer before I knew it was a glitch, so by then I had hundreds of printers without knowing.
    So eventualy when I saw that I had that many printers in my items, I was surprised, then I sold them, and got over two million.
    So I quickly realized I didn't even have that amount of money before to buy them in the first place.
    Nevertheless, I got greedy and decided not to tell anyone,
    (by anyone I mean other players so they don't use it as well, not admins. I didn't even know who the admins are or who cheasy is)
    because then just the very Idea of having more money than everybody else sounded cool in my head, and I didn't really think about it rationaly.

that was back at freeman's city.

When a week past and I gave it a little thought and then I realized I don't want to have this much money. Because even though it's awesome to have that much, but it kills the joy and the purpose of the game and breaks the economy and I can't even spend it without raising suspicion
    but by then I was too scared to actually admit it fearing that I will definitely get banned, and obviously, I didn't want that because I love the server and I'm rarely playing anything else except for HL2DM lately.

So ever since then I've been waiting for the right time to tell somebody
    but everyday passes I realize that I'm fucking things up for myself even more
    until the day when the glitch found
    then it was clear as daylight to me that I missed my last chance to come forward and my ass was fu***d
    and I knew it was just a matter of time till I get banned for it so I prepared this long ass speach to explain.

if it makes things any better, I never used the money to break the economy or to have an advantage over other players
    actually, I gave most of the money for others
    by dropping some of it here and there all over the map
    and by making fun events.
    and whenever someone needs money I always give them,
    The only thing I've used the money for myself was weapons,
    locks and lockbreakers even though I didn't use them that much
    but I'm sure you can see all of that from the logs.

I'm sorry cold community,
    I feel like a piece of shit.
  • Rasul wrote:

if it makes things any better, I never used the money to break the economy or to have an advantage over other players actually, I gave most of the money for others by dropping some of it here and there all over the map and by making fun events, and whenever someone needs money I always give them.
    The thing with this is it's Exploited(Bugged) Cash that we then have to hunt down instead of it all just being on your character. It makes a bunch more work.

I'll continue doing my side of the investigation that I started yesterday when finding the 27019 Printers in your Inventory.

There will be a ban but length is subject to cooperation and straight forwardness so I'll chat with you in game soon and we'll see what all happens.

• it sucks to see you fuck up rasul, and i know we're friends but imo you deserve to be banned, fairness for everyone, but i don't think you should get a long ban because you did explain how you got it and how you were not sure if to come forward or not, it sucks more because your someone who helps noobs alot and keep the server fun with your jokes and retardedness, why you gotta fuck up for dumb ass!?
  • Witwicky got what he got for spreading his cash as far as the eye can see in massive chunks and lying flat out about it.

Tar_Zan should have gotten a lighter ban for what he did based off the actual event.

Time = Crime. We don't have a standard length of ban times posted anywhere. Everything is subject to the Admin that is dealing with the situation.

• id say just give him a few days.
    He told us everything, he didnt shoot the money around.
    Hes not an asshat like most of our exploiters.
    He is a nice guy.
    He teaches newbs.
    Hes helpful and respectful to everyone.

Im recommending he only be banned for 2 days.
    Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
    i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
  • Dane Vogel wrote:

he didn't shoot the money around

Rasul wrote:

actually, I gave most of the money for others

by dropping some of it here and there all over the map
    and by making fun events.
    and whenever someone needs money I always give them,
    The only thing I've used the money for myself was weapons,
    locks and lockbreakers even though I didn't use them that much
    but I'm sure you can see all of that from the logs.

But honestly I do think his ban should be shortened
  • Honestly I'm alright with shortening it but don't forget he did spread around some cash that shouldn't have been put into circulation and broke locks on a few doors.

I've already refilled one door and next time WoG is on I'm going to give him his missing 600. The rest of the locks broken were 20,000 off the VIP Doors but those aren't really that big a deal besides non-VIPs getting to the VIP Vendors.

I'll reduce the ban to 3 Days total to give an example to the others whom also had excessive amounts of Printers and didn't come forward.

• I can't say I am in favor of his ban being shortened.

He still exploited on purpose and neglected to inform any staff about the exploit or that he had all of those printers until after we found out he had all of them.

I was only in favor of 1 week vs 2 weeks because he confessed before actually being approached formally (as far as I am aware) and because he has shown that he does legitimately want to be a contributing part of the community.
  • CheesyBread wrote:

I can't say I am in favor of his ban being shortened.

He still exploited on purpose and neglected to inform any staff about the exploit or that he had all of those printers until after we found out he had all of them.

I was only in favor of 1 week vs 2 weeks because he confessed before actually being approached formally (as far as I am aware) and because he has shown that he does legitimately want to be a contributing part of the community.
    Motion denied, overruled.
    One more outbreak from you Prosecutor Bread aad I'll have you in contempt of court.
    Court adjurned for recess until 1230.
    Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
    i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
  • Dane Vogel wrote:

CheesyBread wrote:

I can't say I am in favor of his ban being shortened.

Motion denied, overruled.One more outbreak from you Prosecutor Bread aad I'll have you in contempt of court.
    Court adjurned for recess until 1230.
    You should read above buddy.