Plugin Updates - Bug Fixes - Tweaks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Plugin Updates - Bug Fixes - Tweaks

Plugin Update 11/2/2016
      Today I pushed some new updates to the server. A few bugs have been worked on, and a few tweaks were made.

BluRP Core (v1.2.1)
      - Added "suicide out of combat" logging and combat flagging (explained below)
      - removed sm_vip death timer/10 second delay
      - removed kill command's 6 second death delay
      - Added notices to NPCs such as "press E to use vendor". These appear automatically.
      - Fixed some issues with plugin not cleaning up ents when restarted. Still a few issues to deal with however.
      - Printers buffed slightly, but not as profitable as the active jobs
      - Dynamic max jail time implemented (explained below)
      - Fixed a query that wasn't allowing a player's last login time to be properly updated.
      - Buffed NPC robbing, moreso for robbers than non robbers trying to rob an npc
      - Fixed an issue with logging money earnings when robbing an npc

BlueRP-Furniture (v1.9.0)
      - No changes

BlueRP-AdvancedDoors (v1.2.1)
      - No changes

BlueRP-Events (v1.2.1)
      - No changes

BlueRP-LegacyJobsPack (v1.2.1)
      - Buffed drug runner significantly
      - Increased max trash ents to 125 was 75 (sanitation buff)
      - Tripled trash spawn rate (Sanitation buff)
      - Made it so anyone can use hit list (must still be hitman to claim a hit)
      - Trash spawning is more efficient now

What is "combat flagging?"
      Combat flagging is a system which indicates if a player is suiciding out of combat.
      It is a very simple system.
      If you get shot by any player, or if you shoot a rebel: you get flagged
      If you go 30 seconds without being shot and without shooting anyone else: you get unflagged
      If you get killed or die somehow: you get unflagged
      If you are flagged and you use 'kill' in console, sm_vip, or sm_switch, then a log entry is made
      stating that you killed yourself while combat flagged.
      If somebody reports you for suiciding out of combat, then a simple look at the logs will tell if they were doing so or not.

What is "dynamic jail time?"
      Dynamic jail time is an effort to reduce RDM somewhat.
      The max jail time for every player starts at 3 minutes. NOTE that this is MAX jail time, not actual jail time.
      If you go to jail, your jail time will depend on your crime, but will not exceed your maximum jail time.
      If you kill a player, your maximum jail time will increase by 30 seconds.
      So let's say you gain 4000 crime from RP stuff, but you don't kill anybody at all. You will only serve 3 minutes (prior to this update, you would have spent more than that in jail).
      Now let's say you kill 10 people and gain 5000 crime because of it. Your max jail time is now 8 minutes (3 minutes + 300 seconds from killing 10 people). That means you will serve 5000/20 = 250 seconds, or 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

In the next update, the crime received for killing someone is going to be increased. Just not sure how much to increase it by at this moment. It will make the dynamic jail time concept more important.
    • I'm going to be making a couple small tweaks as time goes on, but I really think I know the route to take.

It seems like people like having it easy to earn money, so maybe we should start going with a more inflated economy style. I know a lot of long lasting RP servers made it easy to earn loads of money while also making it easy to spend a lot of money.

Also the dynamic jail time cap will not punish players too harshly for killing others. I might make the base jail cap be 4 minutes instead of 3 minutes. Also the crime earned for killing a player is going to be bumped up a notch. I also think I might nerf drug runner slightly.

Before Update: Drug Runner charged a deposit of $10 to $100 (Player earns $20 to $200 in profit for one delivery)
      After Update: Drug runner charges a deposit of $80 to $200 (Player earns $160 to $400 in profit for one delivery)
      Doing some calculations adjusting for potential jail time, expected bribes, etc. the current state of the Drug Runner job can allow some players to earn up to 30K in one hour. That seems a little bit high to me. I want to aim for 20-25K per hour of solid work.
      Planned Drug Runner deposit: $80 - $175 (Player earns $160 to $350 in profit per delivery)
    • i think this rp is a little too serious, we need to remember this is a game and people want to come here and be able to have fun, they don't want to be having to spend hours here making a bit of cash. they want to see big cash quick, i personally now think the cash system is "ok", but i remember when i first joined it just seemed stupid to spend all that time and make such little cash, especially a lot higher hour players already had everything, i VOTE we pump big cash into the place and see how it goes for a while the reset is coming up soon so it would be an easy clean up if it failed. let me know what you guys think? .....should this message be somewhere else o.O?>..
    • Crazy_Rocketman wrote:

i think this rp is a little too serious, we need to remember this is a game and people want to come here and be able to have fun, they don't want to be having to spend hours here making a bit of cash. they want to see big cash quick, i personally now think the cash system is "ok", but i remember when i first joined it just seemed stupid to spend all that time and make such little cash, especially a lot higher hour players already had everything, i VOTE we pump big cash into the place and see how it goes for a while the reset is coming up soon so it would be an easy clean up if it failed. let me know what you guys think? .....should this message be somewhere else o.O?>..
      <3

eldrun wrote:

Sazuke wrote:

I heard all that, but:
      give me my ability to grow 5 plants instead of 3 at a time;
      give me my ability to cook meth, having to add stuff to the mix every now and then like a printer or having to do multiple actions;
      give me my ability to rape eldrun.

Sazuke wrote:

give me my ability to rape eldrun.
      gl;hf
      y u no on no more tho