Hanger's Cop Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hanger's Cop Application

In-Game name: Hanger
    SteamID: hanger
    Time played: 70

--Questions--

Do you have a mic?: Yes

Why are you applying for Civil Protection?: Because I want to make a difference

What are the basic rules as Civil Protection?:
    Cuff/Uncuff and Jail is at 1,800+ Crime.
    Do not Unjail another cops prisoner without consent from that cop. Who you jail/cuff is your responsibility.
    Inactivity will result in a loss in cop privileges.
    What is the function the Civil Protection?:
    If a player is bounty killed, do not release them. This falls under the "do not release your own cuffs" rule. The exception is if they bribe you.
    If a player were to be rdming you what do you do?:
    You go for it, if over 1800 crime
    How much time can you dedicate to the server(Include time zone):?
    At least 9-13
    How will you benefit the server?:
    I will take down all the crime and help people on to a better life as Sanitation.
    Is this your first time as Civil Protection?:
    Yes, I want to make it worth while!
    A new player has joined the servers and no admins are on, how will you help this player?:
    By helping them with their questions and if !tutorial works, suggest that
    Anything else you would like to add?:
    I want to try this and will do so with my ful will power
    --End Application--

The post was edited 1 time, last by [Hanger]-D2 ().

• What is the " "do not release your own cuffs" rule "?

A quick quizz ingame brought negatives from Hanger and another re tours of the PD. Apparently it isn't in the (cop) rules.
    However it is done, expected to be done and is covered in the Admin rules.

"New players are to be given a tour; when busy, you are to instruct someone else to do so."

I say that any player, especially those aspiring to trusted positions, should have the interest to peruse all the common documentation.

When I accepted/employed a bunch of relatively new guys as cops when only newish guys were actually playing, I insisted that there had to be a cop who was willing to take responsibility for training that player. Seemed to work well.

I have seen Hanger ingame and seen him helping new players [although he has had a counter-productive tendency to TOY with them]. I support him being tried as a cop but I want to new/old paired up for training.
  • Koala wrote:

What is the " "do not release your own cuffs" rule "?
    I want to say he mixed up the wording on - "Do not Unjail another cops prisoner without consent from that cop. Who you jail/cuff is your responsibility."

Koala wrote:

A quick quizz ingame brought negatives from Hanger and another re tours of the PD. Apparently it isn't in the (cop) rules.
    However it is done, expected to be done and is covered in the Admin rules.
    Tours of the PD aren't in the Cop Rules. It's not a Rule at all, more a courtesy.

I don't remember who started it or told me I could do it to new players when I first got Cop but it became something that I'd do for new players if they wanted to see the inside of the PD. I remember being told it was a one time thing but never explained why, I just assumed they saw it once no need to see again until they get accepted for Cop.

"New Players are to be given a tour; when busy, you are to instruct someone else to do so." Refers to a the map with General Locations, or atleast that is how I've always perceived it.
    It's still a needed thing but the basics can now be covered by /tutorial thanks to Doggy, General Locations should still be shown.

• Well I see a shit load of +1s here from high ranking admins and such with no negatives, so I'm going to go ahead and ACCEPT this, even though I just wrote my resignation. I won't tell if you won't. :P

HISPANIC TREE CAT wrote:

I may not be as active any more but I do see Hanger as a suitable person for civil protection he is a kind and caring individual that doesn't break any rules I say give him a try.

The Doggy wrote:

+1 Even though he only has 70 hours, he has played on the server before hour reset and had around 100-200 hours I believe. He knows the rules and his application actually looks like he put some effort and thought into it which shows he is dedicated and wants to have an opportunity to be a good cop.

Purple Shep wrote:

this guy is cool i saw him he didn't break the rules i will give a +1 with bright red stripes and stars

Volar wrote:

The Doggy wrote:

his application actually looks like he put some effort and thought into it which shows he is dedicated
    I mainly saw three lines answered by literal copy/paste from the Rules section. Can tell by the font differences.
    Otherwise I'd say +1 based on no rule breaking and others whom are on more are vouching for him.

duer wrote:

+1 FOR HANGER! this kid will do good
    #HailTheGoldenPoon