I'm stepping down

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm stepping down

I've had my fun as admin and I've enjoyed it but I get no satisfaction out of it any more and it just makes me not want to play. I miss being a normal player and not having any responsibilities and not being harshly criticized by so many players. I also feel as if I barely was a player on the server because I became admin so early so this is a warning to new players that are eager to become admin it's best to play as a player for a while before you take this responsibility on. I have also had a lot of mental health issues lately and it's been hard to come on the server when I'm terrified of what people are going to say when I'm in such a vulnerable state. Thank you for your understanding and I'll see you guys soon.
    • Well I hope we'll still see you on as a player then.

I know it can be tough sometimes having to make decisions and being targeted for any and all questions. It can be stressful when people are asking you to fix something and your actual powers can't fix that problem, you're then stuck telling them it's being looked into and to please be patient.

Your real life issues with your mental state can really drive that feeling to a whole other level.

If your retirement helps ease some of that burden and that you can get to feeling better, both in game and in real life.

We wish you the best here at Cold Community.

• so, you're stepping down because you don't want the responsibilities that you asked for? that's sounds about right, a lot of whats wrong with school kids these days, not wanting to be held accountable for anything, not wanting to have responsibilities, want to have everything ready made and respect demanded.

Oh boy, good luck when you leave school buttercup.
      Post Count = n + 973. Because Mike can't fix shit.
      i love sidezz because he fixed my postcount
    • Dane Vogel wrote:

so, youre stepping down because you dont want the responcibilities that you asked for? thats sounds about right, alot of whats wrong with achool kids these days, not wanting to be held accountablefor anyrhing, not wanting to have responcibilities, want to have everythingready made and respect demanded.

Oh boy, good luck when you leave school buttercup

This game/server/community isn't intended to be a test of responsibility. It isn't intended for players to take responsibility for the server they play on. That part is optional. It's intended to be a fun playing ground for them to be in. Perhaps some believed that being an admin would make the game more fun for them, but in the end were disappointed.

Real life isn't fun. It is a challenge and it is filled with bullshit, except for a few brief commercial interruptions of semi-decent existence. You take your responsibilities, you power through, fuck everyone else. This game is not that. One can decide admin responsibilities on here kill their experience while still being perfectly capable of handling life.
    • Dane Vogel wrote:

so, you're stepping down because you don't want the responsibilities that you asked for? that's sounds about right, a lot of whats wrong with school kids these days, not wanting to be held accountable for anything, not wanting to have responsibilities, want to have everything ready made and respect demanded.

Oh boy, good luck when you leave school buttercup.
      Could you for once not be a complete asshole.

So what if he's stepping down part of this community and game is to have its players and admins enjoy it and help others enjoy their time on the server. If they can't enjoy it then how are they going to use their responsibilitys to help progress the server and the community.

Plus not only this but his real life is more important than the position on the server and I really hope you won't argue this. Because of his current state he should concentrate on things in real life and do things he can enjoy.

TL;DR don't be a fucking dick it's not funny
    • What matters is he learned somethinh

The beauty of roleplay is it doesnt end with inside hl2dm

The whole community dynamic is a role we play, admin ranks, seniority, teaching others and learning from others

He will undoubtedly take somethiing from here and apply it to real life

Just like i did after i stopped playing in 2009 to enter highschool
    • As someone who's stepped down under the weight of responsibility, I can understand it.

I had a lot of diff reasons for my retirement, but the main one was mental health.
      After letting some time pass, I was able to stomach the idea of letting a bit of that responsibility back into my life.

Treecat, get as far in life as you possibly can.
      Look at your experiences on our server as something that has shaped the way you approach society, face challenges & given you a unique skillset you wont find anywhere else (as easily as it can be found here)

I'm sure, just as they were for me, the doors may be open for you as well in the future if you ever want to come back.

Good luck buddy, I hope to see you soon.
      sniper santa misslelauncher