A few suggestions

• A few suggestions

You may have already seen a few of these, @CheesyBread , just placing those ones here for indexing reasons.

VIP RDM

This wasn't seen as an issue semi-recently (and may still not be an issue to some..) but some have an issue with Excessive VIP RDM .

The question as it's getting raised to me is giving more of a "pay to win" vibe...

lets look at a couple things:
      Why the rule was removed.. "The advantage gained from VIP is nothing compared to the advantage given in the suit/weapon room.."
      Except most maps don't have a weapons room....

&, recently bringing that arguement up to a non-vip, they still came back with "So I need to waste 4-5+ minutes to catch up to that VIP bhopping around & shooting everyone on sight"

Proposed solution: Track kills on individuals by those within the VIP job.. If a VIP kills a single target 5 times in a row within a 3-4 minute period of time, move them out of VIP for 5 minutes.
      To avoid triggering this system during firefights, the system could also account for VIP's taking revenge kills, people taking revenge kills on the VIP ect..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAT COLORS

NO DESCRIPTION NEEDED!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MORE ROBBER CRIME / PAYOUT

Make robber more realistic... IRL, I'm not gonna walk in to a bank, get a couple hundred & skip away without a care in the world...
      you better bet someone is aboutta be hitting the silent alarm in that bitch if not reaching for the pistol they keep tucked away under the counter.

I DONT 100% KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ONE.... I JUST KNOW IT NEEDS CHANGE.

My honest suggestion.. find a way to increase the crime / payout ratios in a way that wouldn't open the server up for abuse when everyone is afk..

I would say, do the following:
      Change a few timers around to space robberies out more
      Multiply the crime:money ratio so:
      • A successful rob as "robber" profession leaves cuffable crime.. no bounty
      • A successful rob outside of the "robber" profession leaves a person with a bounty

MAKE TRASH APPEAR MORE RANDOMLY DISPERSED

I dont have a screenshot showing this, but I literally have come across a perfect circle made of trash...
      Maybe throw the trash when it spawns to give it a sense of randomness? idk

This one is purely Asthetics, but I feel the difference would be astronomical when it comes to how our server is viewed..

On the topic of trash as well, we should have the ability to set trash spawns, independant of normal players spawns.

SMOKEABLE WEED

MAKE WEED SMOKEABLE FOR A SMALL AMOUNT OF HP...
      GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO CHILL OUT IN MY APT WHILE HEALING UP AT THE SAME TIME

DETONATEPRINTER

Make /detonateprinter actually detonate printers, killing anyone within range of the blast (no moneydrop)

That is all for now.

"
      sniper santa misslelauncher
    • I remember bitching as soon as we removed the Rule and only getting shit spout back at me about how "VIP isn't as big a boost as it was in the past". Free health and weapons on spawn should be monitored, I've always felt that way. Let me see if I can find my post from when that shit went live.

Edit -

VIP rdm

Above Thread is where VIP RDM was taken.

These Snippets were from a completely different thread.

420alex wrote:

The rule was that you cant use your vip job for anything other than self defense..
      there were however, loopholes with the mechanics of it and the rule itself.
      Plus, the amount of suit given from vip is obtainable through suit rooms..
      Thus, why it was thrown out.

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Yeah plus it's not like they get a steady income from that job.
      The point was the free weapons not the jobs income.
      If a VIP decides to RDM a non-vip then your statement of them not having unlimited guns flies out the window since they do in fact have unlimited guns.

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

The point was the free weapons not the jobs income.If a VIP decides to RDM a non-vip then your statement of them not having unlimited guns flies out the window since they do in fact have unlimited guns.
      they have to spend money for expensive ammunition shotgun requires, 6/6 isnt much so it actually costs vip some money if they want to effectively kill someone. also the hp only requires one revolver shot more so vip isn't that big advantage at all.

Volar wrote:

Notorious K.O.I. wrote:

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

The point was the free weapons not the jobs income.If a VIP decides to RDM a non-vip then your statement of them not having unlimited guns flies out the window since they do in fact have unlimited guns.
      they have to spend money for expensive ammunition shotgun requires, 6/6 isnt much so it actually costs vip some money if they want to effectively kill someone. also the hp only requires one revolver shot more so vip isn't that big advantage at all.
      Current map use all Shotgun ammo / crow bar then jump onto train tracks while your victim is respawning, instantly get back full ammo and health. (Other maps just jump off a building or type kill in console and wait)
      It's not Suiciding Out of Combat since you already ended the combat by killing your victim.

It's not the HP and such that is the problem, 1 Revolver Shot kills everything aside from Sex and 2 Cop Ranks or someone that has 200 suit. A newer player being killed on sight is expected to spend cash on Revolvers in the hopes that they can kill the person constantly RDMing him while that person just /vips and begins the spree all over again with no repercussions.

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Might as well make VIPs spawn with no weapons at all because you're basically punishing them for using their benifits
      It's meant to be a Perk, not a game changer.
      It was a Rule for years then taken away rather recently, whats the problem with reverting the change?

eldrun wrote:

Volar wrote:

eldrun wrote:

Migh as well make VIPs spawn with no weapons at all because you're basically punishing them for using their benifits
      It's meant to be a Perk, not a game changer.It was a Rule for years then taken away rather recently, whats the problem with reverting the change?
      It's really not a game changer. In most fights you're going to need more than 6/6 ammo & a crowbar. Plus the perk is a huge asterisk if we make it a rule again. I really haven't seen it being a problem except for a select few people who also like to complain about their own problems they can't handle themselves without admin intervention.

• I said some were already sent your way.. I just threw em up for indexing.

Besides that, I missed the robber section of it
      (If that was brought up)

& smokeable weed, I'm gonna be bringing that shit up until it's seen a thing now.. thats too beautiful of an idea.

I more so wanted to make this thread for the suggestion of trash dispersment & Excess VIP RDM
    • 420alex wrote:

This wasn't seen as an issue semi-recently (and may still not be an issue to some..) but some have an issue with Excessive VIP RDM .
      I also think this a problem sometimes, but only if the player being killed is innocent.

Ex. BoSS The Castle loves to talk shit on the server, and loves to bitch about being killed by a VIP players. I would kill him relentlessly until he decides to go AFK. As it may be making someone upset, that is negated when someone talks shit, or when they kill you first (which is the case with me killing castle).

420alex wrote:

&, recently bringing that arguement up to a non-vip, they still came back with "So I need to waste 4-5+ minutes to catch up to that VIP bhopping around & shooting everyone on sight"
      I think this may be blown up a little. Not enough players have the combination of skills along with VIP, and this represents a small fraction of the community.

Ex. BPN can pay for the cop job all he wants, but that wont help his aim, and him shooting ar balls all around doesn't help his reputation as cop, or admin.

I'm not sure who you talked to, but my best guess is that they are the type of person to start conflict, and then when they lose, complain about the result. I don't want to bring any past names up, but many players underestimated me when I first began playing. They maybe saw me as an easy target until I started fighting back, and eventually kicking their ass. When you start conflict you shouldn't have any talk about mercy, and you have no right to complain about an "unbalanced" system in place.

420alex wrote:

MAKE TRASH APPEAR MORE RANDOMLY DISPERSED
      I want to see trash nerfed. I like the idea of paying more to active players, but I would maybe lower the amount that you can make. Everyone wants to play as sanitiation and it ruins raiding houses, stealing drugs, etc. You should still get payed better for playing, but I want to see drugs and printing make a comeback, and once again be something that most players go to. It just seems more traditional to me. I like the additions and playability of the new jobs, but I think sanitation is too good, and makes way too much money.

420alex wrote:

MORE ROBBER CRIME / PAYOUT

Make robber more realistic... IRL, I'm not gonna walk in to a bank, get a couple hundred & skip away without a care in the world...
      you better bet someone is aboutta be hitting the silent alarm in that bitch if not reaching for the pistol they keep tucked away under the counter.
      Maybe also add that you can't bank at the bank you rob, and you have to find a different one. I'm not sure if that is possible, but it would add another dimension of risk and reward to robber, and make it a plausible option.
    • Naujoji wrote:

I want to see trash nerfed. I like the idea of paying more to active players, but I would maybe lower the amount that you can make. Everyone wants to play as sanitiation and it ruins raiding houses, stealing drugs, etc. You should still get payed better for playing, but I want to see drugs and printing make a comeback, and once again be something that most players go to. It just seems more traditional to me. I like the additions and playability of the new jobs, but I think sanitation is too good, and makes way too much money.
      That was mentioned in the Meeting that you were in.
      It's going from $30 per to $20 per which is up from the original $10 per.

Printing is staying the same but Cap should be raised to $25,000.

Planting is going to 4 plants instead of 3.

• If we had the ability to make trash spawns independant of player spawns, you could have.. say.. 10-20 possible player spawns & 60 possible trash spawns.. it wouldnt feel as static.

& yes.. I know not many would want to go around making 60 spawns.. sometimes I have a bit of free time on my hands.. it was just an example.
      Make trash spawns more limitless
    • I recently started playing again and noticed something strange.

I got $1500 for 15 minutes of my printer being active and then I got $15,000 for going around picking trash in the same amount of time.
      I understand the concept of you want players to be active not afk and farming up money from a printer or drugs. But I feel like this needs to be balanced (Which I'm sure is going to be because I've been reading such honestly I just can't remember specifics).

The way I see it, I feel like sanitation should be used by new players to get a footing (Or by old players who don't want to take risks with crime). While jobs such as robber, drug grower, and counterfeiter should all be high risk high reward with some balancing factors, ig: How many cops are online, how many players are online, how much crime you get. So on so on.

I feel like the way it could go from lowest risk to highest risk is:
      -Robber (You go in you rob you deposit, less crime less pay although still more then sanitation).
      -Drug grower(You stay in your house and you run to a dealer then deposit, this has the most risk although is more affordable and should give medium crime and medium pay).
      -Counterfeiter(This has mixed risk because you have to run to the bank from your home. This I feel like would be good with the highest risk but also the highest reward).

Now I'm not saying I want easy money or anything. I want it to be harder to get money. But I also think that sanitation should be nerfed and the other jobs buffed so it's all balanced.

(I have not tried drug deliver so my opinion cannot reflect any of that).

Just post back what you think or if you have any better ideas or tweaks.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto Alex's suggestion.

I like all of his ideas besides the vip rdm one.

Chat colors isn't a must and shouldn't be a forefront idea, this is just something that could be added when the mod is completely stable and has main features in.
      Same with Smoke-able weed, although I don't feel like it would be that hard so if tf wants to do it I think he could easily.
      With the more dynamic trash spawns I feel like that would help a lot to Nerf the job because then they can be more spread out and take longer to get to. Plus it would add less repetitiveness (not much, but some).
    • Uberkist wrote:

duer wrote:

Why not make weapon spawns a buyable item but cost alot of rp money abd possibly expire
      Buyable permanant weapons!
      -You get a weapon to spawn with on ANY job(Pro and con depending what side you look at it from)
      -You get rid of the one true thing that makes vip special from others besides the items they can purchase. (con)
      - Overpowered. No job that makes money should spawn with a weapon imo