Doggy admin abuse???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Doggy wrote:

Why am I not allowed to? Isn't pulling out a gun and aiming at someone enough provocation for you to shoot them? I was just going on what sidezz has said about it which was "if they look like they're going to shoot you, you can shoot them" and the fact that he had shot me before when I just let him be.
    Evidence please. And it looks like you have been uncuffing your self and killing your self during combat. Very bad admin decisions I see, bad doggy.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OI OI OI

• One: @josh there is most definitely rules in place not to shoot people with a bounty, although I agree it is not a GOOD rule it is in place.

Second: @doggy As an admin you're supposed to be a role model, please do so.

Third: This gamemod does not discourage dm, it is rather encouraged to prevent just mindless farming of money. Doggy doesn't shoot everyone, maybe if you tried asking him to stop or to make peace he would.
  • Alright I'll go in order of importance, I have a hang over so bear with me here.

eldrun wrote:

One: @josh there is most definitely rules in place not to shoot people with a bounty, although I agree it is not a GOOD rule it is in place.

Second: @doggy As an admin you're supposed to be a role model, please do so.

Third: This gamemod does not discourage dm, it is rather encouraged to prevent just mindless farming of money. Doggy doesn't shoot everyone, maybe if you tried asking him to stop or to make peace he would.
    I agree with 95% of Eldruns quote.

1. The rule "Do not shoot at Rebels unless shot at first. - The Player does not have to actually hit you, it just needs to be clear that they attempted to shoot you." supersedes any other thoughts you may have about shooting the player first while you are Cop. Literally - unless they pull the trigger in your direction and you are sure it's at you then you may not fire at them, even if they have a bounty. Your point on the Exp thing and it telling you is due to people killing Cops cuffs while they were sending them to jail and them not getting the Extra Exp since they didn't send them to jail via "E" twice or Menu thus that line was put in to allow the Cop to get full Exp and with the removal of Skillcuffs it allows the Cop to still get Exp without having to worry about hitting them with a stunstick.
    2. The Doggy likes to have his own fun and enjoy the game which as a Player isn't a bad thing but as an Admin it is. You have to hold yourself to a whole other standard, Players see you as someone that knows the rules and enforces them. They see you as someone that they can turn to when they need assistance. If you want to DM everyone to have some fun then feel free to do so but when they are asking you to stop or pleading for you to cut it out then you should stop. You have to set an example for the Players and show that as Admin you can turn it off. We aren't to use our powers to kill Players even when they ask for it or are antagonizing us. I know for a fact I'm not a good example for this point since I can admit to killing Players in the past when they ask for it or dare me, saying you won't since I normally play as Cop and I just blow them away once to show them that I will, the difference is I make sure they know it's not me being upset it's more me being playful and then I usually give them some sort of Compensation such as $5000-$10000 or 5 Revolvers, 5 Shotguns and 5 RPGs as a show of good faith.
    3. This game is called Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, we are not Garry's Mod with DarkRP where killing it bad unless you're playing that role. The fundamentals of the Server is PVP, we want Players killing other Players to get their Cash or Drugs. However that doesn't mean we want Players just terrorizing others until they quit, we'd prefer to keep the Playerbase which is why we encourage people to make friends and band together or as Admins, hell even just as good players, offer up our Home if we have one to New Players so they can feel somewhat safe and have a place to grow so they can stand on their own two feet.

DeatH_Bringer wrote:

One final thought, did anyone notice that The Doggy toggled noclip before I said "do it"? (Reference the screenshot so kindly provided in The Doggys post)
    Not sticking up for him here but the exact way I interpret that picture is you saying "next thing you'll start noclipping to shoot people" so he replies "Good Idea." and since he's in the heat of the moment he does it then flies over to you and points I'm assuming a Revolver at you which then causes you to say "Do it pussy." thus provoking him when he's already in the heat of the moment and so he does it.

I honestly probably would have done the same thing with you antagonizing me, the difference is I would then Compensate you with something and once I cooled down apologize to you.
    We are human and humans are innately driven by emotions.

To close I will discuss this overall behavior more tonight when we have our Planned Admin Meeting.

I would like to apologize to all the Players that feel wronged on behalf of Cold Community.

• Doggy is a good doggy. But I think he get's a little out of control on DMing people. Me I don't care. All you mother fuckers can kill me all day when I'm AFK. BUT Doggy I think you should take it easy on people who ask you to stop. If the players aren't having a good time, they are most likely going to find another server and or game and as a sort of dying community we cannot have that. Just my 2 cents. Love you guys =)