Civil Protection Application: MareFoxyQawz

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Civil Protection Application: MareFoxyQawz

In-Game name: MareFoxyQawz

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:32896008

Time played: 61 hours

Do you have a mic?:
    Yes, A Blue Yeti

Why are you applying for Civil Protection?:
    I feel like there is a significant amount of unbalance in the server and this is leading to new players being discouraged from staying.

What are the basic rules as Civil Protection?:
    Do not Rdm unless provoked with force, Control influxes of crime, no favoritism.

What is the function the Civil Protection?:
    To maintain a healthy server balance and keep the game fresh and fun for new players.

If a player were to be rdming you what do you do?:
    Instruct to desist from the infraction, detain if continued.

How much time can you dedicate to the server(Include time zone):?
    Being in the Central Daylight Time, i’ll be able to dedicate time after work most days. As of now, it looks like I could do a max of 10 hours a week.

How will you benefit the server?:
    Being that the summer has just begun, there will be many new and old players coming to Hld2. Attention needs to be paid to these new players because the wrong first impressions could make it so that they never come back. Rdming new players and a lack of welcoming will lead to no one coming back, and if no one stays on the server we will slowly shrink and the last remainder of Half-life Rp will die and be lost forever. We need to keep this community alive, and think about the gains that could be made not only in community, but also in donations. Better first impressions, more returns, more donations, RP is saved.

Is this your first time as Civil Protection?:
    No, I had “cop,” as it was called on two different servers. I don’t have the specific information, but I can say that i've clocked in 100 hours in the past playing as an active cop. I also was mayor of a server for a long time, but the position was a little different.

A new player has joined the servers and no admins are on, how will you help this player?:
    Give them the basics, Commands, robbing, money systems, Dm, houses and store/bank locations. Doing this today only took about 15 minutes with a player named Mailman, so in the future it wouldn’t be that hard to do.

Anything else you would like to add?:
    I have a lot of respect for this server for surviving as long as it has. Hldm2 Rp has been around for a long time and it has been a privilege for me to have played it over the last 10 years. It has had its ebbs, flows, major improvements, and critical missteps. But it is still here for a reason. It is because this community knows how to survive. One flame might go out, but each knows well enough to pass it on to keep it alive. The fire is burning in us my friends, and we need to keep it going.
  • Good application,
    But everytime im on, all you do is afking (okay, we have different time zones), and when you're on, you're always silent, throwing shit at other players, and complain if they answer back at your provocations, you have also short temper and take things way too personally.
    Im not sure you can handle the cop-killing on the server without losing your temper.
    Dont take my reply as if im your enemy, im just saying my opinion. Plus, whenever i or someone else tells you stuff, you most likely ignore it and/or act cocky (and thats why you got lots of players against you). You're not ready for cop, in my opinion.
  • Well I mean, I wouldn't say that any of that is true. I do see where you are coming from however. I was an outsider up until a few weeks ago and I do not know how your server functions, I don't really have a place to question it. It was naive to question and to try and do things differently, I am sorry.
  • Haven't seen/heard anything bad, seems like a good guy. Seem to get the hang of things so id say just play a bit more and try "mingle" in with the community (don't have to go around kissing everyones ass though) Other than that +1 till you reach 80 hours.
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting