Lantz's Trial Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lantz's Trial Admin Application

Steam Name: Lantz

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79211123

How long have you been a part of our community (either server)?: I've played back on Petrock's server roughly 5 years ago but recently came back and joined this server sometime in January of this year. I currently have 1700+ hours on this server and I'm mostly active throughout my time playing here.

What does being a staff member entail?: Being a staff member will require you to help out new players, enforce the rules, and being fair by looking at both sides of any issue. You will also have to respect the powers given to you or else they can be revoked at any given time.

Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I have been a very loyal player to this server and have noticed that there’s not always an admin present when someone needs propping. Being an active player, hopefully I can take the weight off some of the other admins and help out anybody that may need some propping done. I am also interested in learning how to prop for myself as I like to change my living space more often than others so it would be great to do so without having to bother someone else to do it.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: I don't have any previous staffing experience but I'm very eager to learn and understand how to prop while respecting any prop limits or propping rules.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban playername 1440 Reason: Breaking the rules.
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create - Example: /db_create models/money/goldbar.mdl 1
    d). Freezing a prop: /freeze
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor # - Example: /linkpropdoor 777
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: They can be found by searching SourceMod commands in Google, which will send you to a Wiki with all the commands that are needed or can be used.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I would keep my eye on the suspected player to see if the accusations are noticeably true. If I don't notice anything out of the ordinary, I will also report any issue to the higher ups and hopefully the right actions will be taken.

A cop is rdming other players: I will firstly give them a warning to stop. If they continue to break the rules, I will then make a demo of them abusing their powers as cop and send it to another admin or post it on the forums so that the appropriate actions can be taken.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: I will tell them kindly to stop and respect the rules. If a player continues to ignore the rules, I will have to report them to another admin or post it on the forums so there will be consequences of their actions.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: I will introduce them to the community, show them around the map, and give them a welcoming gift. If they are completely new to roleplay, I will also tell them to type /tutorial and give them any other useful commands such as accessing their inventory, buying and selling items or property, or teaching them about certain jobs.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: I will talk to them about what happened and hopefully get them fixed up by forwarding their issue to the higher ups or by supporting their forum post if one was made about it.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes, I follow and respect the rules that were put in place.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes, I try my best to enforce the rules whenever I can.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes, I will continue to follow the rules that were set in place.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: I completely understand that if I misuse my powers, they can be revoked at any given time.

Thank you for taking the time to read over my application, if anything needs to be reworked please let me know.

- Lantz

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lantz ().

• Just last week I asked other senior admins if we should make an application form for the "Trusted" position. They reminded me that "Trusted" was not something a person applies for , but , that it was a position that was suggested , or gifted to a long time player whom we all know and trust. We all agree that Lantz is a great player , and that this is a great application. I'd suggest that Lantz consider going for the position of trial admin instead.