Trent's Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trent's Admin Application

Steam Name: Trent

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:82408168

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: I've been apart of Syle's server for some time. About a year ago I was apart of the admin team and had around 800 hours. I recently came back and have around 60 hours, but I plan on staying until I graduate high school and possibly longer.

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: Being a staff member entails helping out new players that have never played before, knowing the rules, and also enforcing those rules to older members or who broke them, or "forgot". Although I am only 16, I consider myself very mature for my age. I know all the responsibilities of an admin and I plan to fulfill them.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Yes, like I said in "How long have you been a part of our community?" I was a super admin on this server around a year ago and lost the position because I started school and didn't play anymore.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban (playername) 1440 (reason)
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create
    d). Freezing a prop: /freeze
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor (number)
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: They can be found in the Wiki under SouceMod commands.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I would watch the player suspected closely for the next few days to see if I see anything suspicious. If I do, I will record it and post to the admin part of the forums and we will settle it as a whole because I want everyone's opinion so there is no misunderstanding.

A cop is rdming other players: Remind the cop of the rules and let them know if they do it again, it will result in some sort of punishment. First a kick, then if they keep doing it a small ban.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Remind the player of the rules and that they are also new to the game and to let them have as much fun as possible. If this keeps happening, it will result in first a kick then a small ban.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: Ask them how they are doing, and show them around the map. When the tour is over, I will tell them to type /tutorial and after the tutorial is over and they pick a job, I will tell them to type /job for a description of their job.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: Ask them what the mess up was and who the admin was who took away his cop, then consult that admin.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes I understand the rules

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes and I will do the best of my ability to enforce them while not sounding like a douche doing so.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes I understand that completely.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes, and there will be no grudge if this happens. You have to do what you have to do to make it a fun and enjoyable place for everyone.

Thank you for reading my application, I appreciate everyone's feedback and hope everyone has a good day. :)
  • Yup, As stated from @duer and @joshhite11 just play abit more and mingle in with the community, make yourself known. (In a good way) Good starting point even though it may seem like it doesn't have much importance, Help out some new players/players that need help. Its a good way to show that you have the skills to preform on the admin team.
    On another note, App looks solid, well thought out. Trent is a nice friendly player that in my personal opinion would be able to excel at being part of the admin team. Havent heard anything bad about him and hes active quite alot. Just get mingling with the community a bit +1
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting