Under 10 hour rule clarification.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Under 10 hour rule clarification.

Sorry if this topic has already been covered, but there have been people questioning the rule for the past two days, and I desired to seek out the true answers. So here goes:

REVENGE KILL: The question at hand is this, if an under 10 hour player (we will call him Bob) comes up and kills me (first kill) I get a revenge kill, correct? Now, the same player (bob) comes up and kills me again, (second kill, hes still under 10 hours) do I get a revenge kill for the second kill, and so on? Or do I only get 1 revenge kill total, period, no matter how many times "bob" kills me henceforth?

SLAMS: This is a pretty easy question. If I place a slam, and a UNDER 10 walks into my slam, and its clear that it wasn't intentionally meant to kill the under 10 player, (or any particular player for that matter, that's the beauty of slams) can I still be held liable? Example: If I place a slam at the "Big Bank" and a under 10 runs into my slam, am I liable for said homicide? My thoughts on slams is, if a player runs into a slam, its said players fault, as said player wasn't looking where they were going.

PROVOKING: If an under 10 hour player is walking behind me, following me, with a devastating weapon drawn, such as a revolver or crossbow, continuously pointing the weapon at me, do I have the same right to dispatch them as a cop would? Would it fall under "provoking"? There has been instances where an under 10 hour player was continuously DMing, it was clear that they wanted to DM, but other players had to wait for the first shot to be fired, even though the under 10 was pointing a weap at them, placing the over 10 player at a severe disadvantage.

UNDER 10 VS. UNDER 10: If two under 10 hour players are DMing, and both players are enjoying themselves, does the rule still apply? Or is it more in conjunction with the rule that COPS can DM until one of them asks the other to stop? Now obviously in this situation the rule has to be broken by the first under 10 hour player shooting the other under 10 hour player in the first place, but if nobody is complaining, can the rule be enforced on a case by case basis?

In conclusion, I fully understand that the rule is in place to keep over 10 hour players who have more money and weapons from PERM-Dming under 10s. But as of late, we have had some under 10s taking advantage of this rule. I'm sure there have been other situations that I'm not privy to, so if I am missing something, or anyone has a different scenario or question to add, please do so. As previously stated I apologize for rehashing an old topic, as its probably been covered before, but i'm not finding a thread that covers the "Under 10 Rule" 100%.

Thank you for you attention to this matter. sniper rocketlauncher assaultrifle misslelauncher
    • Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Revenge kills: If a player under 10 hours kills you, then you get a revenge kill, then he comes up and kills you again, you may get another revenge kill. But say he kills you 6 times without you killing him once, you may only get ONE revenge kill even though he killed you 6 times.

Slams: No that will not be held against you for killing players under 10 hours. You cannot control where they walk, and you will not be punished for killing a player under 10 hours by a slam.

Provoking: The under 10 rule is meant for newer players to get a feel for the RP while also having fun. I understand it can be frustrating that you can't kill them, even if they may be provoking you by pointing a weapon at you. You may only kill them if they shoot you or harm you.

Under 10 vs. under 10: Players under 10 hours are still not allowed to kill other players under 10 hours. If they do and an admin is on, they will be told to stop.

It's a rule we all have to live with and cope with. Like I said, I understand it's frustrating but we have to deal with it until the player is no longer 10 hours.
    • syle22 wrote:

- If provoked kill them only once, until they provoke you again.
      If Bob kills you 10 times in a row then you kill him you only get the one kill. If he attacks again and you kill it's fine. If he kills you again then you get 1 revenge kill for that kill.

Basically you get 1 no matter how many times he kills you until you actually kill him and settle the Revenge. After that it's like counter resets and you can't do anything till he attacks or kills you again.

Volar wrote:

Slams don't discriminate.
      - This applies to Cops as well as Rebels.
      - This excludes throwing SLAMs then detonating them, Placing SLAMs down then pushing other players into them as well as shooting a placed SLAM to kill or damage another player.
      The above from Wiki says it all.

DeatH_Bringer wrote:

do I have the same right to dispatch them as a cop would?
      Cops don't have that right and neither do Rebels. You have to deal with them being special until they are 10+. Once 10+ you can then enact the revenge you seek by slaughtering them with all the extra money you should clearly have over them since they are so new and blew all their cash on weapons to RDM. Otherwise they ''abuse'' the Under 10 Rule then leave once they know others can just blow them away.

syle22 wrote:

Do not kill players under 10 hours unless provoked.
      - This includes killing them with Props or Traps.
      - This also applies to Under 10's killing other Under 10's.
      - If provoked kill them only once, until they provoke you again.
      Under 10's aren't allowed to kill other Under 10's. Now if an Admin is on and active and they request to be able to kill each other than an Admin can give the approval to allow it until one asks to stop. However that Admin then takes on the responsibility to inform the other Admins the X & Y are Under 10 and have decided they want to be able to DM one another.

DeatH_Bringer wrote:

In conclusion, I fully understand that the rule is in place to keep over 10 hour players who have more money and weapons from PERM-Dming under 10s. But as of late, we have had some under 10s taking advantage of this rule. I'm sure there have been other situations that I'm not privy to, so if I am missing something, or anyone has a different scenario or question to add, please do so. As previously stated I apologize for rehashing an old topic, as its probably been covered before, but i'm not finding a thread that covers the "Under 10 Rule" 100%.
      It's just something you have to deal with much like how Cops have to deal with some Rebels that won't shoot unless the Cop isn't looking or unless they know they'll get a 100% Revolver to the cranium shot.

• I don't see why this needs to be clarified, Its a pretty straight forward rule and I'm pretty sure in rebel rules it gives more detail to the rule itself. Too what Volar said about slams, I feel that if you THROW a slam (not place like a trip mine) with the intent on killing an under 10 because you know that slams don't discriminate, that it should be classed as under 10 DM. but that is just my opinion.
      The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
    • IDaab wrote:

I don't see why this needs to be clarified, Its a pretty straight forward rule and I'm pretty sure in rebel rules it gives more detail to the rule itself. Too what Volar said about slams, I feel that if you THROW a slam (not place like a trip mine) with the intent on killing an under 10 because you know that slams don't discriminate, that it should be classed as under 10 DM. but that is just my opinion.
      "This excludes" - As in those are bad and don't reflect the rules intent. Aka that stuff is kickable/banable.