DH admin app :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DH admin app :)

Half-life 2 Deathmatch: Administrator Application Format.

Steam Name: (DH)

SteamID: [U:1:7171150]

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Sins 2015. I think I have over 3500hours on this server. If I remember correct, I was first time on this server from when we where last time on this map. Lionesse V3

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I dont believe that, I just hope outhers do, and can give me a second chance a the admin team again. Second of all, is that I 'm most of the time the only one who is really active at the Paris GMT time line. thats why I applyed the first time for admin to. When ever I'm playing, me and ore outher players need an admin,.. Most of the time there are none.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Yes I dit, I was trail admin on this server for a short time, for like a year a ago. But do some dude who made it a sport to make admins lose there trial. I dit lose mine :p

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: /kick *player name*
    b). Banning a player(for one day): /ban *player name and add 1440 and the ban reason*
    c). Creating a prop: /db_create
    d). Freezing a prop: /freeze
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor (number)
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: They can be found in the Wiki under SouceMod commands.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: Record proof, try to spectate that player, ore use the /alpha 0 ; /cuff DH command to stalk him and see what he is dooing

A cop is rdming other players: First see if ind he is RDM players for no reason, If its true, instand kick him with a warning message "do not RDM Rebels as cop" when he dus it again ban him for som time, ore go to a higher admin to copstrip him

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: first of all let the read the MOTD rules, give a warning kick with a message "do not kill players under 10h"

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: Try to connect with that player on a language level and explain him how to play on this great RP server. so he gets an RP addict :p

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: Ask him what happend and why they dit it, but I think its nothing for an trail ore basic admin to judge on.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: yes

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: yes, Will try do enforce them on the most civil way as possible.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes I do

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes, and there will be no grudge if this happens.
  • Dragonheart wrote:

d). Freezing a prop: /freeze
    /freezeit - /unfreezeit

Dragonheart wrote:

g). How to look up any SourceMod command: They can be found in the Wiki under SouceMod commands.
    In console - sm_searchcmd "Words"

Dragonheart wrote:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: Record proof, try to spectate that player, ore use the /alpha 0 ; /cuff DH command to stalk him and see what he is dooing
    Order is sometimes tricky but it's generally better to Cuff yourself first then Alpha Zero and No Clip.

I know I'm falling on deaf ears here but I will say (DH) for the most part is wanting to better the Server.
    Has he done things in the past? Yes but so have several of our other Admins.

He'll get the same text I wrote about Doggy's Application - "As long as he can keep a cool head and hold true I feel he'll do fine."

My stance on this is a +1 for Trial which I know won't be the popular opinion but I've never shied away from giving it before so why should I now.

• So there will be lots of uncertainty towards this from DH's last time as admin (I will admit that it wasn't %100 his fault) but i believe in second chances. Dh has been around a long time, maybe even longer than i. he knows the rules and everything ect, hes always helping out when hes active. im going to give this a +1 and hope he has a chance too prove his worth :)
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
  • Im not sure about (DH) returning admin.
    Nothing personal (DH), we are friendly in-game so i have nothing against you, im just giving my opinion there.
    I didnt even know that he was admin already, and i dont know why he lost it. Still, i think everyone deserves a second chance.
    Pros:
    -Experienced
    -Already been admin
    Cons:
    -Not always very clear when explaining stuff, might be misunderstood.
    -Jumps to conclusions before knowing all of the stuff. (Like today, i killed you because i was stuck inside you in PD, plus killed you few times more and took your afk money so no-one else would steal it and i could have given it to you [there was a box-guy afk-killing players]. Instead of asking, you started attacking me thinking that i was starting a war with you, when my intent was to avoid other players robbing you)
    -Loses his temper easily when people deathmatches. (Could be a problem?)
    Not giving a +1 nor a -1, im neutral.

I wish you the best of luck! See you on the server.
  • Danilo wrote:

Nah not really, only when players cant understand when ist gooing to far and the DMing becomes trolling :)

Danilo wrote:

-Jumps to conclusions before knowing all of the stuff. (Like today, i killed you because i was stuck inside you in PD, plus killed you few times more and took your afk money so no-one else would steal it and i could have given it to you [there was a box-guy afk-killing players]. Instead of asking, you started attacking me that i was starting a war with you, when my intent was to avoid other players robbing you)
    Really dude, your gooing to use that against met XD :p I think 99% of the players would act the same way when you kill them when AFK. I was just messing with you LOL.
  • Dragonheart wrote:

Danilo wrote:

Nah not really, only when players cant understand when ist gooing to far and the DMing becomes trolling :)

Danilo wrote:

-Jumps to conclusions before knowing all of the stuff. (Like today, i killed you because i was stuck inside you in PD, plus killed you few times more and took your afk money so no-one else would steal it and i could have given it to you [there was a box-guy afk-killing players]. Instead of asking, you started attacking me that i was starting a war with you, when my intent was to avoid other players robbing you)
    Really dude, your gooing to use that against met XD :P I think 99% of the players would act the same way when you kill them when AFK. I was just messing with you LOL.
    Nono, im not using that against you, but, instead of shooting me, you could have asked more info. Thats what i meant. I used it as an example, nothing else. Also, when you did afk-kill me in the past, i asked before attacking you ^^
    Im not against you (DH), im just neutral, and i just said that maybe you should change just a few things. If you get accepted, i'll be happy about it ^^ dont get me wrong.
  • From what I remember from our admin meeting where we booted DH, was that DH didn't really do anything to get his admin taken away for any real reason. DH had just had a lot of controversity with his position and so we felt that his position would be better fitted on someone who could do the job a bit better without any controversies. So for clarification DH was never booted for breaking rules, he was only voted off because we felt that someone else could do the job a bit better. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    #HailTheGoldenPoon

The post was edited 2 times, last by Greaser: Grammar ().

• Greaser wrote:

From what I remember from our admin meeting where we booted DH, was that DH didn't really do anything to get his admin taken away for any real reason. DH had just had a lot of controversity with his position and so we felt that his position would be better fitted on someone who could do the job a bit better without any controversies. So for clarification DH was never booted for breaking rules, he was only voted off because we felt that someone else could do the job a bit better. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    Thanks you greaser for explaing that. Thats ind what happend. I hope that I get more education and support this time in the whole admin job thing. For the most part I also lost it do some troll "not gooing to call names here"' :p But yeah this guy made it his onw personal game to make trails ore even admins lose there job. Because he thinks hes mind games are fun. :)
  • Darkstarr wrote:

-Was abusive, last I recall he had admin.
    No, he just didn't know what he was doing.

However my vote for DH is -1 as well and the biggest reason for that is because he's a liar and I'm only saying that because lying is one of my pet peeves and a trait that I fucking hate in people.

Other reasons include - Temper issues, Having English as a second language which leads to miscommunications like above with Danillo just trying to give some constructive feedback, and I don't see him active very much but that may just be my timezones and school interfering.
  • +1 last time DH was admin ( I felt ) he was actually pretty good ( knew the rules and helped those online ) and the fact that he was mostly active while the other admins where afk or offline was a help to the community of that timezone. His personal insight and willingness to speak up in the forums and other medium could also benifit the community.

PS - There was one occasion i whitnessed a player using the name (DH) as cop killing newbies and afkers and the like. I didnt grab steam id and this was like 6 months ago so no ss or video to speak of. however since the main thing i kick players for on |NotD|servers for is pretending to be me or other members and with no proof that was in fact DH i cant count it against him.

#BoxLivesMatter - if that was you... tsk tsk
  • I'm going to have to say -1. His temper is really short. Lately when I've seen him on people have told him he's not gonna get accepted as admin and some other stuff and he lost his temper real quick. I would also like to add though, to those of you who have done this, I understand if you don't like him but that's no reason to do this. I've seen an admin do this taunting,if that's what you want to call it, and its uncalled for and makes the admin look childish. As for you DH, you just gotta learn to control your temper. Once you do that you should be fine.
    “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)