IDaabsAppOfAdmun

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IDaabsAppOfAdmun

Steam Name: God Be Wit U

SteamID :STEAM_0:1:67442156

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: As a whole? About 3-4 years.

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I feel that being part of our admin team requires a non-biased outlook upon the community. (player base) To see all those who play no matter what as equals, To be highly understanding and be able to look at a problem from various pov's. (point of views) To be a respectful and honest player. I in my opinion believe that over the last year I have bettered myself to be a successful part of our admin team. I have been around for quite some time, I know how things go around here. I have a high understanding of our server in general. I am also currently a "Trusted Admin?" (Not sure if we refer to trusted as an admin position) And have been for quite some time now, which has benefited me in a various ways. (Learning of prop work, boosted my responsibility in game and on forums, have gotten to know a lot of our newer players, due to propping for them, etc.)

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: Nope, not unless trusted rank falls into play. If not, there is a first for all.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: Kick-able offense: !kick god
    b). Banning a player(for one day): Ban-able offense: !ban god 1440
    c). Creating a prop: /Db_create models/props, etc.
    d). Freezing a prop: /Freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: /save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: /linkpropdoor 420
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: Sm_help <1-10>

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I would first off thank that player for reporting this matter to an Admin, ask if he had any proof (make a ban request on forums) If not I would then spectate that player and look for any signs of suspicious activity (whilst recording a demo) Will also alert other admins to keep an eye out on said player. If I have strong enough evidence on this claim banneddd

A cop is rdming other players: Firstly warn that player that it is against our server rules for a cop to kill a player without being provoked to fire upon them. If language barrier is stopping me from doing so and another player online is able to communicate with that player for me have them warn him. If continued /kick the player to see if that makes him understand. If further RDMing happens consult with an admin about removing cop privilege.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Warn the player that it is against our server rules to do so, kindly suggest he go and have a GOOD read through /MOTD. If that fails /kick. If continued ban for a certain amount of time that is seen fit.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: Firstly get him to have a GOOD read through the /MOTD, After doing so get him to do /Tutorial. Once finished both of those tasks and is still in need of help, Do my best to help the player with any situations/problems they may have. (to the best of my ability as language barrier may hold me back)

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: Clarify with an admin that this player indeed has lost their cop due to an unknown reason and it was not just stripped from them. Then !employ

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:Yes

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your
    immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes

Thought it'd be a good time to move up in the world, Thank you for all that read and leave their opinion below. All constructive criticism is welcome.
    #G0d4R00t phatgrin

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting

The post was edited 1 time, last by IDaab ().

• Volar wrote:

I don't have much experience with this applicant and most people I've talked to say "Troll" alot. So I'd like other Admins opinions on him before I make any sort of call for myself.
    As a note - none of his bans are anything serious.

Hell if Naujoji can make it then just about anyone can.

Volar wrote:

IDaab wrote:

Okay, So me and @HAND OF DOOM have recently been engaging in some banter about the "Trusted" rank. So Doom thought it would be a good idea to just bump this application seeing as it was not accepted nor was it denied. Just to see how everyone would feel about me possibly being employed to "Trusted" as there was a bit of uncertainty about becoming "Trial" I myself personally would rather be employed as "Trusted" and hope that others may also think of it as a good substitution to me becoming a "Trial" as it does not come with the extra responsibility, that some thought I may not have been worthy of yet. Am in hopes of being accepted into the rank of "trusted" so that I may do "Prop" work, maybe even show that I could make a fine addition to the "Admin team" in the future, and could use this to help apply for a position as "Trial" when positions open up, ect.
    Thank you for taking your time to read, all feedback is welcome. :thumbsup:
    Seems fine to me, Batman has been around a long long time and other than trolling every now and then he's harmless.
    Accepted assuming no other Admins are strongly opposed. I'll give this till tomorrow at 6pm for objections before giving it the full pass.
    As you can see my First Quote I didn't remember who you were and by the last quote I was all for it.

You have a +1 from me, especially since Rocket isn't around complaining.

• IDaab wrote:

e). Saving a prop: /Unfreezeit
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: Sm_help <1-10>

A cop is rdming other players: Firstly warn that player that it is against our server rules for a cop to kill a player without being provoked to fire upon them. If language barrier is stopping me from doing so and another player online is able to communicate with that player for me have them warn him. If continued /kick the player to see if that makes him understand. If further RDMing happens consult with an admin about removing cop privilege.
    1. Saving a prop is not /unfreezeit and I'm pretty sure this is just a typo.(Save)

2. Sm_searchcmd is also a great command for that

Other than that I think we have a great admin candidate here. +1
    #HailTheGoldenPoon

The post was edited 1 time, last by Greaser: Removed False Information Kekekekekek ().

• HAND OF DOOM wrote:

Greaser wrote:

If you're super and he comes back and does it again, strip his cop immediately and if you're not a super admin just ban him for however long until you can get someone on to strip his cop.

Volar wrote:

Never demote/promote a Cop WITHOUT a Root's consent.
    Plenty of handy info like THIS ^ in Beefy's updated "Admin Rules and Information" section in the WIKI
    My mistake Doomy, that post was after my time. Although I do disagree with it. I removed it from my original post.
    #HailTheGoldenPoon

The post was edited 2 times, last by Greaser ().

• The Doggy wrote:

Idaab is like me, he likes to fuck around and have fun but can be really serious when the situation calls for it. He has shown potential with his posts in the forums and the way he acts in game, and I think with a little help he could be a great addition to the admin team. +1
    Still feel the same way about him now as I did then, I have actually seen him improving even more in game with helping others and just being helpful whenever it's needed. But he's a southie bush maori boi so -1000000 :)))))