RyANNN's Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RyANNN's Admin Application

Steam Name: RyANNN

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:37574148

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: I've played for about 3 weeks now.

What does being a staff member entail?: I believe being a staff member entails getting along with all people while abiding and enforcing all rules. I also believe I might be obliged to attend meetings and conversations if asked.

Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I believe i've become a good part of the server with many people while being able to offer mature and level headed enforcement. I also play in a timezone away from you guys quite reguarly, Which offers round the clock administrator activity.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: I've had several admin roles in CSS and CSGO servers throughout the past. Just basic admin. I did once host and maintain my own match server for CSS too.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: sm_kick "name" "reason"

b). Banning a player(for one day): sm_ban "1440" "reason"

c). Creating a prop: /db_create props_c17\FurnitureBed001a.mdl

d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit (while looking at it)

e). Saving a prop: sm_save

f). Connecting a prop to a door: !linkpropdoor ###

g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd "keyword" If I became really stuck in my potential trial I would branch to a more superior admin for guidance.

Explain how you would handle the following situations:-

A player says they suspect another player of hacking: Join Spectator, check it out for myself. If I can confirm cheating, probably record for proof and supply a ban with reason of Hacking.

A cop is rdming other players: Speak to said player, express the rules / guide them to the rules list through motd and that what they are doing needs to stop and against the rules, if continued issue a kick with reason of "Stop RDM'ing players as cop.". If continued even further, I would briefly explain again and continue with a 1 day ban with reason "Stop RDM'ing Players as cop."

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Effectively the same as above, Rules, Motd, Explain the rules to them again. Kick with Reason and If they refuse to cease RDM'ing players. Ban 1 day.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: Say hello and ask them to check the MOTD, Rules section and use !tutorial to get the gist of things, Spend some time making sure they are understanding their time and answering any questions they have.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: Personally I spend a bit of time on the forum so I would check there first to see if they are a recent application and if they are due COP status. If so, I'll find a super to come and assist them. (Steam, Discord, Forums etc)

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: I do.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: Yes.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Yes. :)
  • Volar wrote:

Application looks thought out and for the most part correct.

Player seems level headed and is generally a pleasure to be around.

My only concern is the short time he's been around so far.

+1 due to past experience and his general attitude.

Could you let me know what I need to know that wasn't correct?
    Thanks for the +1 though!
  • As beef stated, the only reason why I am a bit hesitant on @RyANNN's application is his time spent here within our community.. It is a fast jump to be applying for a position on our admin team, but in saying that I have full faith in Ryan to be able to fulfill his role as admin. He is a VERY friendly respectful player, is always helping out when he gets a chance and is always mingling with the community. I IMO strongly +1 this, hope to see him be accepted as I find him to be a very good candidate.
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
  • RyANNN wrote:

Could you let me know what I need to know that wasn't correct?
    I just said mostly since several situations we're just looking for a general direction without being too heavy handed or light.
    As a note every case is pretty much subject to and of itself. You have to make a Judgement based on the situation at hand and it's good to look at past offenses to see if this is a repeat offense or something new of said player.