Vote mute

• Can we pleeeeaase get a votemute thing implemented so when no admins are on we can mute people who are mic spamming or either just need a break from the mic? Asriel and the handful of other little kids who get on the mic and talk over everyone are beginning to get really annoying
    • IDaab wrote:

While in-game press 'esc' then proceed to "Mute players" click on players name, player is now muted. You are welcome.
      Yeah I know this method but the problem with that is that I could be talking and they could also be talking but I wouldn't know since they are muted and it would sound like im talking over them and id image that would get annoying for everyone else after a while. I dont see anything wrong with having a server wide vote. If the majority of the players on at the time come together and decide someone needs to be muted for a legitimate reason then it seems fair to me
    • Yup, but the thing is.. We used to have votekick etc, available to VIPs.. But stuff happened with it leading it to be removed. Basically what I am saying, is that it can be abused by the regular playerbase.
      The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
    • Yeah I could see something like that happening. Well maybe it could be like trusted where certain players get assigned a rank that gives them access to that one command but only give that rank to people who have proven themselves to be trust worthy? Idk just a suggestion. Theres also mute on the escape menu like you were saying
    • Your best chance with this is to either message someone on discord, usually 90% chance that at least one person is there or message on steam. As God said, if we were to implement something like this it would definitely be abused by the playerbase, so the ways around this are either to make a rank only for votemute which is a massive waste of resources and brings back the problem of when those trusted people aren't on you still can't mute anyone, or the other way is to just make the percentage of votes for the mute to pass insanely high, which again wouldn't work since most of the time you have players AFK that would fuck that percentage up as well as the person being voted against voting no.
    • The Doggy wrote:

Your best chance with this is to either message someone on discord, usually 90% chance that at least one person is there or message on steam. As God said, if we were to implement something like this it would definitely be abused by the playerbase, so the ways around this are either to make a rank only for votemute which is a massive waste of resources and brings back the problem of when those trusted people aren't on you still can't mute anyone, or the other way is to just make the percentage of votes for the mute to pass insanely high, which again wouldn't work since most of the time you have players AFK that would fuck that percentage up as well as the person being voted against voting no.
      Fair point. I actually forgot about discord and havent really bothered with it because ive never used it before but ill figure out how to use it and just message an admin there like you said in the future
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest