Deathwish's Admin Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deathwish's Admin Application

Steam Name: Deathwish

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:28342112

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: I have been part of the community since the server first started. I've played for countless hours but then I there was a period where I took a break from HL2:DM due to school and work.

What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: Being a staff member means to satisfy players who are new to the game and providing them a memorable time while on the server. I believe I deserve to be part of the administration team because I am have a lot of experience with Hl2:DM RP. I started playing this game 8 years ago, back when Petrock was alive. In addition, I believe I was already an admin before on this server. Recently, I noticed many admins were missing. Josh, one of the best admins on the server was tired of propping because he was the only one there to help prop. Not saying other admins are useless but Josh was there most of the time. Oat, would help me whenever I needed but he was somewhat available. These past few weeks, I have noticed many new players but there just isn't enough admins to help them out. I see them running around being killed by other players, without admins doing anything about it.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: I have owned servers back then. I have been an admin on this server. Been a co-owner for a Garry's Mod community.

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: sm_kick "Deathwish" "reason"
    b). Banning a player(for one day): sm_ban "Deathwish" "1440" "reason"
    c). Creating a prop: db_create ... (sm_itemlist 1,2,3...) to find models.
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor ###
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_searchcmd "help"

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

A player says they suspect another player of hacking:
    if the person was suspected of aimbotting, I would approach them in game to see if it is obvious. If I can't get any conclusions by doing that, I will spectate them privately to ensure they are playing the game legit.

A cop is rdming other players:
    Explain to them the rules (I shouldn't have to because they had to go through an application process to obtain cop position)... but I would still remind them that cop's are not allowed to RDM. If they continue, I will kick them. Lastly, if they continue most likely a one day ban.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:
    [b]Remind them that they cannot kill anyone who has under 10 hours. Warn -> Kick -> Ban[/b]
    [b]The same idea as above (cop rdm)
    [/b]
    A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:
    Show them the objectives of the game, and what they're essentially trying to achieve. Show them around the map so they have an understanding of where everything is. Answering their questions if they have any.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:
    I will make sure they are legit and not trying to troll me into thinking they had a cop status. I ensure they are legit by going on the forums and making sure their application was under the "ACCEPTED" part of the forum. If they are legitimate I will employ them back to their current status.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:
    Yes, I have!

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:
    Yes.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:
    Yes.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?:
    Yes.

I would like to personally thank everyone for taking the time to read this application!
    P.S. Feel free to leave any comments about what you think of me. Your input is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    - Deathwish
  • Revoke of previous comment.. As have been informed that you had lost previous admin rank due to abuse of power. So on those grounds -1
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting

The post was edited 1 time, last by IDaab: Feed new information about player. ().