rp_sylecity screenshots

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• rp_sylecity screenshots

So for the last 3 days, i have slowly been working on an rp map. I asked Sidezz if it's alright for me to post some of the SS on the forums, so I figured I would. I also stream the creation periodically @ twitch.tv/xbiotv.

I will also update this thread with more stuff when I get more done. So far the map has taken around 10 hours so far.

This project is in an extremely early phase, and anything here can and possibly will change. This map was heavily inspired by FMC, and I decided to name the project rp_sylecity, since i think its time to phase out of FMC since Freeman, and Tissue are no longer active.

Suggestions should be left in this thread, please do not add me to discuss ideas unless I specify here.

WARNING: There is no lighting in any Screenshot, so yes it looks like shit right now

Screenshots #2:

Screenshots #1:

The post was edited 1 time, last by xBio: More Screenshots ().

• Does that staircase connect to that bank looking structure? I like the underground idea if so.

Try incorporating height variations in the streets/ground.

Maybe a pond? You could build off those displacements and figure out an interesting topography.

Also try using the hollow tool for easily makin window and door frames.

edit: more apartment layout pics plz
    • Uberkist wrote:

Does that staircase connect to that bank looking structure? I like the underground idea if so.

Try incorporating height variations in the streets/ground.

Maybe a pond? You could build off those displacements and figure out an interesting topography.

Also try using the hollow tool for easily makin window and door frames.

edit: more apartment layout pics plz
      the staircase where the nodraw texture is will be a sub system of some sort, and if not that ill probably make that into some sort of base or area.
    • If you are looking for assistance regarding this map, I've got over a decade of experience in Source SDK myself and be happy to lend a hand here and there. Pizza/Koala have seen the latest edition of the previous Roleplay map I had made.

Two short-term projects I undertook. The latter I had made in approximately two weeks.
      Plaza19 Beta 8 - gamebanana.com/maps/192115
      bhop_sosure - gamebanana.com/maps/192555

I'm also able to help with any other work that may be needed. I have two years Game Development and I'm currently completing a diploma for Computer Networking I intend bridging for a bachelors. degree.

Sincerely, Mav.
    • Mavrick wrote:

If you are looking for assistance regarding this map, I've got over a decade of experience in Source SDK myself and be happy to lend a hand here and there. Pizza/Koala have seen the latest edition of the previous Roleplay map I had made.

Two short-term projects I undertook. The latter I had made in approximately two weeks.

I'm also able to help with any other work that may be needed. I have two years Game Development and I'm currently completing a diploma for Computer Networking I intend bridging for a bachelors. degree.

Sincerely, Mav.
      Dad?
      #HailTheGoldenPoon
    • Mavrick wrote:

If you are looking for assistance regarding this map, I've got over a decade of experience in Source SDK myself and be happy to lend a hand here and there. Pizza/Koala have seen the latest edition of the previous Roleplay map I had made.

Sincerely, Mav.

Sorry for the late response, been super into Destiny 2. Ill be updating the map soon, feel free to add me on steam. steamcommunity.com/id/xBioCSGO/
    • I've prepared two buildings for you. If I discourage you at any point with my work let me know. I'm just hoping to relieve some of the workload here as I'm bored and the college I attend is has been on strike for multiple weeks. I have been learning 3Ds Max 2017, so I'll likely be able to make some very nice models to increase what I believe to be very shitty brushwork compared to the standards I gave myself in Game Development working in Unity / Unreal Engine.

Apartment Complex.
      All rooms have a unique shape so no two rooms should be priced the same and allows for more variety when propping.
      Creation time: 6 Hours.

A simple two floor house with a balcony. up to you whether or not you wish to block off the balcony.
      Designed to be modular so they can be easily placed side by side.
      Creation time: 2 hours.

Edit 1:

Here's a main or secondary bank with slots for Four tellers such as we have now in FreemanCity. I opened the bars with little slots so users can still access the NPC.
      Creation Time: 4 hours.

Edit 2:
      Very simple two floor garage style housing. The garage doors do not function but can by simply turning them into func_doors.
      Creation Time: 30 minutes.

All you have to do is slap lights & textures on/in the buildings. They are clipped for you.
      If you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

VMF and VMX zipped on my website here:
      mavrick.pw/vmf/rpa_apt-bnk-hs-gg-doorfix.zip

The post was edited 10 times, last by Mavrick ().