Names

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So in addition to this subject. If there are no rules against naming yourself. There should be no reason that an admin should be able to use his powers to change your name unless it involves an admins name. Since there isn't any rules on this admin power i thought i would bring it up. And since this post was already up about naming rules, i figured this would be another subject to add.
    • Hey I think its fair that she cant deal with others using her name but then those people have to deal with their names being changed to twat #2 and shit. Makes sense right? Also next time someone uses a name i dont like ill just run to an admin and have them come fuck with everyone for my sake since im so important. lol smh seems fair to make sure pizza ass doesnt leave the server but fuck everyone else right? smh dash
    • Just want to point out that if there was a rule for everything possible, then the rules list would be infinitely long, and unmanageable. The rules cover the basic stuff, so that we all have general guidelines for playing (players), as well as enforcement and server management (admins). That said... in my experience "admin" is not just supposed to be given to anyone, but rather to those who can be trusted to make both the right decision on straight-forward things, as well as the judgement calls for those things that either fall in a grey area, or are undefined. If that was not true, then the game could simply be hard-coded to enforce all rules, and we would not need admins. Today when I came into the server, there were several players berating each other, and saying some pretty degrading stuff to each other, mostly about one or two other players, and it had gotten mean. Nobody could speak, as 4 players were just screaming non-stop into the mics, and several had named themselves after another player. The only admin on that was active at the time was having a hard time keeping things chill, as he was also being singled out and harassed as well as being accused of favoritism, which I did not see at all. Was it explicitly against the rules for them to rename themselves? No. But it was making it very hard to get control of the server, so I renamed several players so we could keep them straight, and muted ALL of the players who were acting childish, and needed a time-out. The server quieted down, and aside from the whining after the fact (including some admin disrespect), I think it was both necessary, and accomplished the goal of letting everyone else enjoy the game again, and not have listen to all the stupid behavior BS. Any of the server leadership... please tell me that admins do have some latitude when it comes to keeping the server going, and in making judgement calls when it's obviously required. Last item... if an admin disagrees with another admin decision. IMO, do not take sides in public, on on-mic in front of other players. We should be able to thrash out solutions to enforcement issues together, and show unity in our support in front of the server population. We have a great server pop right now, and I think if we keep it fun for everyone, we can keep membership of regulars up. Savvy? --ThunderShorts
    • I don't see how renaming someone "down syndrome danny" can help control the situation. I am fine with how you handled everything else. But i don't understand how changing someones name to an insult would help control the situation. that or twat #1 and twat #2. That it why i have brought this up.
    • Well, I admit that I'm not perfect either, but the names seem to fit at the time. I will refrain from injecting my opinion into any renaming in the future, however fitting it may seem to me... my bad. Try to understand that you are walking a tightrope though. At some point, if you want to go hyper-technical on an admin, understand it is just as likely that an admin will make the determination that you are not worth the time, and just ban you at the next opportunity where it is "technically" allowable. That said, I hope you have fun, and enjoy the game with your fellow players like we all usually do. There are people on this server I'm not particularly fond of as well, but I try to be fair and not do anything to detract from their fun. My 2¢ --ThunderShorts
    • If the staff really wanted to get petty on the subject of naming, they could skip the rule and simply do forced forum registration and until your steamid is found in the database attached to a forum account (Thanks to Valves api). The individual could be permanently frozen, muted, gagged etc until a activated registration is detected.

Once said individual has a forum account and a forum name their in-game name would be permanently changed/re-forced to their forum name. Removing all freedom to choose your own name.

So in closing, pretty pretty please with sugar on top. Pick and use your own fucking name and quick pretending to be other users.
    • I've known Thundershorts for a few years now, he never does anything without reason. He is completely justified in his actions. You don't have to agree with the names he picked but if they were fitting then he used them perfectly.
      “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
    • Mavrick wrote:

If the staff really wanted to get petty on the subject of naming, they could skip the rule and simply do forced forum registration and until your steamid is found in the database attached to a forum account (Thanks to Valves api). The individual could be permanently frozen, muted, gagged etc until a activated registration is detected.

Once said individual has a forum account and a forum name their in-game name would be permanently changed/re-forced to their forum name. Removing all freedom to choose your own name.

So in closing, pretty pretty please with sugar on top. Pick and use your own fucking name and quick pretending to be other users.
      I was speaking to Mav about this and this may be a thing in the future, but we could easily change this with a quick rule addition. We could really use his expertise in another area of importance right now.
      #HailTheGoldenPoon
    • See, I was trying to enjoy the game without ruining it for others, but every fuckin time i would get on, there would be someone all bitchy and have their nose up my ass. And so its really fuckin hard to enjoy the server when everyones being a bitchy cunt about every little thing. So I got sick of it all. So at this point i'm done giving a fuck what other people think about me and i'm just gonna enjoy fuckin shit up.
    • Thats the thing though, it's the Internet and the Internet is always full of Trolls. Those Trolls are people and people love to bitch.

As Thundershorts said we can't make a Rule for every little thing, I'm not writing that much shit and then getting people to enforce it.
      Thats the reason why we had so many internal disputes back in the day about wording and such. The Rules are there to get the base necessities out of the way, the rest is up to an Admin to determine and judge depending on the ever changing situations.

It doesn't have to be a written Rule to be Enforced by an Admin if whatever it is can be deemed Detrimental to the Server and/or it's Player Base.

• As you have said above, there is no rule except naming
      Too hard to maintain, our only Rule for names is no Impersonating Admins.
      As you have said, the only rule is no impersonating admins. In this situation, was I impersonating an admin? And I wasn't impersonating anyone, I used voice chat and everyone could obviously tell it was me. This is a person i tried to be nice to, i tried helping out, and i genuinly try to make the server a better place. But this same person has done nothing but bitch and talk shit about me behind my back. So now I am done being nice and helpful to her, and instead I am going to be a cunt back. She brought this upon herself. I am a very honest and straight up person. I tell it how it is.
    • Greaser wrote:

I was speaking to Mav about this and this may be a thing in the future, but we could easily change this with a quick rule addition. We could really use his expertise in another area of importance right now.
      I've begun working on this and have the required detection in place but to actually make it accommodate the Roleplay mod I'd need access to a testing server with the mod as I need to plug the logic in properly.

edit: I should specify what I'm working on is not a means to force names but the other subject Greaser notified me about.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mavrick ().

• Mavrick wrote:

Greaser wrote:

I've begun working on this and have the required detection in place but to actually make it accommodate the Roleplay mod I'd need access to a testing server with the mod as I need to plug the logic in properly.
      edit: I should specify what I'm working on is not a means to force names but the other subject Greaser notified me about.
      I'm sure we could give you access to our test server or the mod itself, have you spoken to doggy about it?
      #HailTheGoldenPoon