MavFree, Administrator Application

• MavFree, Administrator Application

Steam Name: MavFree
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1551033

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Consecutively, four to five months. However I've been aware of cold community for many years.
    What does being a staff member entail?:Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I can take my knowledge and years of experience as a server owner, community admin, developer and give them another use outside of my current daily activities.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?:
    - Previous owner of Plaza19 Roleplay Server.
    - I ran a two server wide TF2 community for approximately 5 months in Q1-Q2 2011.
    - I own and managed a community called Snail robotics, mostly a project hub. (on-going)
    - Root admin PetRock's Death Park (2012-2013)
    - Junior Admin and Development Staff for about a year for Prestige Gaming. (retired)
    - 5 years as a Community Developer for Mythic Servers. (on-going)
    - 24/7 Snowbridge Community Developer. (retired)

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following(Completely):
    a). Kicking a player: sm_kick target reason - i.e sm_kick Doggy "5$ and a blowjob right Doggy?"
    b). Banning a player(for one day): sm_ban target 1440 reason - i.e sm_ban MavFree 1440 "5$ and a ban Mav."
    c). Creating a prop: db_create listid or model path. - i.e /db_create dogtoys/dogbone.mdl
    d). Freezing a prop: sm_freezeit
    e). Saving a prop: /save - sm_save
    f). Connecting a prop to a door: sm_linkpropdoor doorid - i.e sm_linkpropdoor 123
    g). How to look up any SourceMod command: sm_help 1-X or sm_searchcmd

Explain how you would handle the following situations:
    A player says they suspect another player of hacking: I'd assure the player I will look into it; Spectate the accused individual, record a demo & ban the individual if they are shown to clearly be using external assistance. Share the demo with other staff upon request and have the demo ready in the event the user attempts to appeal the ban.

A cop is rdming other players: Provide the cop with a warning reminding them of the rules. If the issue is persistent I'd follow up with a kick then a temporary ban if need be. Further action such as removal of cop would be discussed with other staff.

A rebel is rdming players under ten hours: Warn them initially remind them of the rules, kick them if it persists. If they still don't get the message apply a temporary ban with a corresponding reason.

A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before: I will provide the new player with a tour and ensure they are aware of the !motd rules, commands & !tutorial. Any further questions I'd answer to the best of my ability.

A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up: I would take a moment to look into the Accepted applications to ensure they are in fact supposed to be a cop as well as ensure their cop wasn't revoked purposefully.

Have you read and understood the community rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?: Yes.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?: I am more than aware that staff does does not place you above the rules.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your
    immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?: Understood.
  • a). Kicking a player: sm_kick target reason - i.e sm_kick Doggy "5$ and a blowjob right Doggy?"

I was too lazy to quote and delete but I loved that. Anyways +1 from me. He's a great player and helpful. Plus he's been an admin before(Gross on Petrocks) and owned servers so I think he would be a great pick.
    “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
  • Mav is a solid dude , very intelligent , with an impressive gaming history here on Steam. He has an in depth understanding of Valve games and mapping. An overall nice guy who seems very stable and well mannered. He's an artist with a passion for making maps. I'd love to see him create more playgrounds for our rp community. I highly recommend he be accepted to the team. +1
  • Users Online 1

1 Guest