Roleplay Ocean City - A roleplay map by MavFree

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Roleplay Ocean City - A roleplay map by MavFree

RP Ocean City is a sunshine filled take on the Plaza19, Uptown and EvoCity themes. One of the most unconventional and advanced levels to ever come to Garry's Mod & Half-life 2 Deathmatch Roleplay.

There isn't much to say here that can't be said by the Trello page here: trello.com/b/cxsEpKon

If you want to see the map for yourself in it's current majorly incomplete state you can join the test server.

(Image: Beta 2)

Server Version: Beta 3
      Server IP: 162.212.152.220:27026
      Server Password: boo
      Download size: 81mb - uncompressed 237mb
      Edict: 597/2048 - previously 552 Beta 2

Please leave comments, feedback and/or suggestions bellow as the posting on the Trello is private.

The post was edited 9 times, last by MavFree ().

• What a great map! Good job
      I'll give you a suggestion about the elevator that just teleport you at the next floor, imo i would have made a real elevator that just lifts you up would be a great thing to do.
      The rest looks very nice hopefully you'll make it bigger with tons of buildings
    • Master wrote:

What a great map! Good job
      I'll give you a suggestion about the elevator that just teleport you at the next floor, imo i would have made a real elevator that just lifts you up would be a great thing to do.
      The rest looks very nice hopefully you'll make it bigger with tons of buildings
      I chose to opt for teleports as the setup for these buildings is very non-standard and saving on brushes & entities wherever possible is of upmost importance. As we have seen in the past elevators in any map come with their own bugs, be it the ability to block them with props or sounds that were supposed to stop continuing to loop.

We had two issues with these teleports thus far which have since been fixed. The first was doggy spamming the buttons so fast we got stuck inside each other. The second was the teleports being so fast the game just placed me in a random location off world.

I make no guarantee that this will ever come to hl2dm as with Beta 1 I'm already at 441/2048 [4092] of the ent limit. Garry's Mod is where you'll likely see this map.