Jobs and Items Changes

• Jobs and Items Changes

List of suggestions for jobs and items in a mostly complete document. (exact numbers are not final)

- Changes to Bounties and Bounty Hunter
      - Drug Runner is given an interactive role
      - Medic, Stripper, Hitman, and Hacker changes

- Diverse printing and planting materials, includes new features
      - Weapon and ammo price changes
      - Slight changes to Tracer tech items
      - Doorhack/Cuffsaw/Lockpick rebalance, lower tiered items get used more
      - EXP/Respect boosters and Release Cards for VIP
      - Removed Medkits and Trails as inventory items

- Changed Food to add strategy for different situations and playstyles
    • I have no idea about most of this stuff, but if I'm understanding the drug runner thing correctly I think that buff would be way too strong. You're getting the same profit as a drug grower but you're getting it instantly, by buying and selling between npcs. If we assume an average of 30s travel between buyer and seller that's $640,000 an hour. The most any job can make on the server atm is about $80,000 an hour.

As for interactive jobs, I'm not as knowledgeable about that but I could see multiple ways that using real players as dealers would cause problems.

A+ for effort
    • PiB wrote:

I have no idea about most of this stuff, but if I'm understanding the drug runner thing correctly I think that buff would be way too strong. You're getting the same profit as a drug grower but you're getting it instantly, by buying and selling between npcs. If we assume an average of 30s travel between buyer and seller that's $640,000 an hour. The most any job can make on the server atm is about $80,000 an hour.

As for interactive jobs, I'm not as knowledgeable about that but I could see multiple ways that using real players as dealers would cause problems.

A+ for effort
      (Assume the Drug Addict always collects at 900 grams)
      Essentially the Drug Addict grows the drugs and the Drug Runner is given the drugs to sell them for a $2,700 bonus of what a Drug Addict would be given for selling them.
      The Drug Runner has to pay the Drug Addict a $2,700 collateral to get the grams before running them off and has some strict rules to prevent cheating.
      The bonus money that the Drug Runner earns from selling drugs could theoretically scale with the amount of players and cops on the server for additional balancing.
      The Drug Runner is given 500 crime and 3 crime per gram purchased to run from a Drug Addict so 900 grams would give a bounty (3,200 crime) (Bounty Hunter changes are ideal for hunting Drug Runners)
      To maximize money, two (or more) players could plant and work together to have one of them change to Drug Runner to run the 1,800+ grams (Gives a huge bounty and $5,400 if successful which is equivalent to having grown and additional set of plants every time both fully grow a set. A $5,400 bonus for 1,800 grams would be assuming that there are max players on the server if scaled by player count)

Best way to balance would be to have the bonus Drug Runners earn scale with player and cop count in my opinion
      I can't control where the Drug Buyer NPCs are placed in the server but a run to the drug buyer and banker should be lengthy

The post was edited 1 time, last by FORK KNIFE ().

• tl;dr (of my reply): +1

Shitposter wrote:

PiB wrote:

I have no idea about most of this stuff, but if I'm understanding the drug runner thing correctly I think that buff would be way too strong. You're getting the same profit as a drug grower but you're getting it instantly, by buying and selling between npcs. If we assume an average of 30s travel between buyer and seller that's $640,000 an hour. The most any job can make on the server atm is about $80,000 an hour.

A+ for effort
      (Assume the Drug Addict always collects at 900 grams)Essentially the Drug Addict grows the drugs and the Drug Runner is given the drugs to sell them for a $2,700 bonus of what a Drug Addict would be given for selling them.
      The Drug Runner has to pay the Drug Addict a $2,700 collateral to get the grams before running them off and has some strict rules to prevent cheating.
      The bonus money that the Drug Runner earns from selling drugs could theoretically scale with the amount of players and cops on the server for additional balancing.
      The Drug Runner is given 500 crime and 3 crime per gram purchased to run from a Drug Addict so 900 grams would give a bounty (3,200 crime) (Bounty Hunter changes are ideal for hunting Drug Runners)
      To maximize money, two (or more) players could plant and work together to have one of them change to Drug Runner to run the 1,800+ grams (Gives a huge bounty and $5,400 if successful which is equivalent to having grown and additional set of plants every time both fully grow a set. A $5,400 bonus for 1,800 grams would be assuming that there are max players on the server if scaled by player count)

Best way to balance would be to have the bonus Drug Runners earn scale with player and cop count in my opinion
      I can't control where the Drug Buyer NPCs are placed in the server but a run to the drug buyer and banker should be lengthy
      Damn, I can see you've thought this out pretty thoroughly. This sounds way more balanced than what I was envisioning. The one problem I have with this is it just seems like a buff to the drug grower and not to the drug runner.

I can't remember the math on the drug runner (but if I remember correctly he makes about 30k per hour. Could be wrong though, as on paper it should be about double) but what this would mean is, as you were saying, the person would make more profit by drug growing than by grinding on drug runner. Admittedly, coordinating b/w two people is never easy, but if two people were, this would just make drug grower way more profitable. As you said, you could grow with a friend. What this means is you could just give them all your weed, switch to drug runner, they give you all the weed back and between the two of you, you make $16,200 instead of $10,800. That's $32,400 per hour per person if you factor in jail times for bounty or (if there was nobody else on the server) a flat rate of $34,714.28 per hour per person. (usual drug grower income is $21,600 per hour)

Having said that, I don't actually think that's a bad thing. Right now (depending on conditions) the robber job is significantly more profitable than any other job. It would be nice to have a high-risk high-reward job to play as.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PiB ().