Police Revamp

• Volar wrote:

All I can say is Ew.

Lets lower Cops Income even more, in more ways than one AND make it so they can lose Experience.
      income is reduced slightly for the bribe changes and shifts.
      more ways to gain exp, and losing exp counteracts what is gained by instantly freeing players which is a problem - people rarely break each other out so doorhacks and cuffsaws are not used, cops rarely have to defend PD, and players earn money faster overall with the police basically helping
      essentially, most cops always instantly release players so they can cuff them again sooner. these changes discourage this playstyle and encourage actually jailing players. if they want out, the cop will get money through their bribes. either way, the player will get set back a bit

The post was edited 3 times, last by FORK KNIFE ().

• Cops also get reduced Cash from the Jail Timer, Currently it's $3 per second, yours is $2.

Bribes are a major income for Cops that actually leave players in jail, aka 0at with his permanent 5k bribes or rot(would be a good example of this).

Most players already don't like playing Cop due to Low Income and how severely shit they feel compared to Rebels since Cops don't think of using their Own Guns to fight Rebels. (Most don't want to "Waste" them since they have to Wait on a Rebel to fire first = .357 Headshot instant death. Losing Exp just adds onto the level grind which most don't want to make in the first place already, especially if it can Lower your Rank to a Previous one and fully discourage some Cops that like to just release everyone.

• Volar wrote:

Cops also get reduced Cash from the Jail Timer, Currently it's $3 per second, yours is $2.

Bribes are a major income for Cops that actually leave players in jail, aka 0at with his permanent 5k bribes or rot(would be a good example of this).

Most players already don't like playing Cop due to Low Income and how severely shit they feel compared to Rebels since Cops don't think of using their Own Guns to fight Rebels. (Most don't want to "Waste" them since they have to Wait on a Rebel to fire first = .357 Headshot instant death. Losing Exp just adds onto the level grind which most don't want to make in the first place already, especially if it can Lower your Rank to a Previous one and fully discourage some Cops that like to just release everyone.
      it's practically impossible to actually lower your rank though, if players want to play nice cop and only release, they can but will never gain a higher rank by helping rebels
      cuff and jail = 2 exp, releasing them = -2 exp
      cuffing = 1 exp, uncuffing = -1 exp
      bribes are a major income for cops and these changes only enforce that by rewarding cops a set amount and setting players back a set amount between outright releasing a player and 0at's 5k for release
      cops also receive a flat payment from cuffing a player in addition to while they are jailed
      anyways, money shouldn't be a concern for cops, players shouldn't apply for cop with the intent of making a lot of money

grinding is easier with more ways to gain exp and shifts encourage cops to at least do minimum work for extra exp
      the cop system gives higher ranked cops enough hp to survive a revolver headshot, which also shouldn't be much of a problem as long as the cop isn't standing completely still
    • Shitposter wrote:

money shouldn't be a concern for cops, players shouldn't apply for cop with the intent of making a lot of money

eldrun wrote:

Not only that, but cop is a responsibility more than a money making job.
      And people wonder why very few people remain Cop after applying and getting it.
      Most play, see it's annoying / not what they thought it'd be and swap right back to Rebel, and by most I mean the vast majority. Our number one complaint about Cop is how "Weak" you feel followed by the second complaint being "Bored/Don't make enough Money."

• eldrun wrote:

I like everything besides the losing experience.
      for losing experience, players who always cuff and release should receive an impairment in Exp gain compared to a cop who does his job the intended way. my suggestion completely neutralizes neutral cops. I can agree on the idea that such cops should earn some Exp, but helping rebels should definitely be less rewarding

the bribe changes would enforce a balanced playstyle between neutral and 'radical' cops by creating a system in between:
      a cuff uncuff gives no Exp, a cuff release gives no Exp
      cops who only accept high bribes, or cops who only release (or accept low bribes) are now joined together where accepting bribes is the main method for releasing and bribes are now calculated to fit how much the player should lose in money and how much the cop should gain in money from the caught rebel (doing this does not cost Exp)
      in the event that a player has to be released for something like an event, losing 1-2 Exp is negligible

Volar wrote:

Shitposter wrote:

money shouldn't be a concern for cops, players shouldn't apply for cop with the intent of making a lot of money

eldrun wrote:

And people wonder why very few people remain Cop after applying and getting it.Most play, see it's annoying / not what they thought it'd be and swap right back to Rebel, and by most I mean the vast majority. Our number one complaint about Cop is how "Weak" you feel followed by the second complaint being "Bored/Don't make enough Money."
      changes to the rank system gives more ranks and a higher rank cap with less exp between each rank so cops feel less weakness and more reward
      the instant payment, bribe cost per second left in jail, and money per second from a prisoner are open for balancing, I just wanted to suggest adding an instant payment and bribe change because an instant payment in addition to money per second (of which was lowered due to the instant payment) from a prisoner feels much more rewarding and the changes to the bribe system better regulates how much a cop should earn and how much a caught rebel should lose say they want to exit jail quickly
    • Danilo wrote:

I side with Volar.
      This would kill the cop job even more, if not definitely.
      Also with the thing of dailies where you gotta make way too many cuffs.
      want to expand on how it would help kill cop? these changes are focused on giving cops more incentive for playing - what part of more ways to get Exp, money, and more ranks for less grind in-between would drive them away?
      cop dailies probably aren't using my numbers if it is too many cuffs