(POLL) Should the server switch to ANY OTHER MAP?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This map is actually very well put together, weather I would call it a carbon copy of fmc_v2 I would disagree at that point. But! This map is much better than one's we have played in the past, and if you would explore a little isn't as confusing as many claim it to be.

The one thing I don't like is the apartment prices. Just because the rich and core player base have the money to throw millions away doesn't mean new players will be able to. I'm not going to pay for something I don't want especially when it's worth is much much less.

Anyways, Mav: Thank you for the hard work you put into the map I for one appreciate it even if it's not my favorite.
    • LOL, if you're actually in law school you should gtfo right now cause you have absolutely no business being there with your minimal knowledge of basic copyright usage...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

"A key consideration in recent fair use cases is the extent to which the use is transformative." - Mav created a whole map including the copyrighted material, so this would fall under a transformative piece not even including that the images are fairly low quality and obviously not a main display piece.

"The third factor assesses the amount and substantiality of the copyrighted work that has been used. In general, the less that is used in relation to the whole, the more likely the use will be considered fair." - Mav used posters from movie/tv media, there is no other material relating to the movie/tv media throughout the entire map and the material he used is so insubstantial that it would be retarded for him to be sued over it, there is absolutely no way money would be made if the lawsuit succeeded and that's the only reason a lawsuit would be issued.

"The fourth factor measures the effect that the allegedly infringing use has had on the copyright owner's ability to exploit his original work." - There is 0 chance that anything in the map would harm the sales or viewership of any of the copyrighted material.

Even if someone was retarded enough to pull out a lawsuit, there is no way Mav would be prosecuted over some fucking posters in a roleplay map...

(btw, these models were pulled from an asset pack from another game, Mav didn't even make them so you're barking up the wrong tree here anyway)
    • bark, bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark of basic copyright bark...

en.wikipedia.org/bark/bark

"A key bark in recent fair bark cases is the extent to which the use is transformative bark." - Mav created a whole bark including the copyrighted bark, so this would fall under a transformative bark not even including that the images are fairly low quality and obviously not a main bark piece.

"The third factor assesses the amount and substantiality of the copyrighted bark that has been used. In general, the less that is used in relation to the whole, the more likely the use will be considered fair." - Mav used posters from movie/tv bark, there is no other material relating to the movie/tv bark throughout the entire bark and the material he used is so insubstantial that it would be retarded for him to be barked over it, there is absolutely no way bark would be made if the lawsuit succeeded and that's the only reason a bark would be issued.

"The fourth factor measures the effect that the allegedly infringing use has had on the bark owner's ability to exploit his original bark." - There is 0 chance that anything in the bark would harm the sales or viewership of any of the barked material.

Even if someone was retarded enough to pull out a bark, there is no way Mav would be prosecuted over some fucking bark in a roleplay bark...

(btw, these barks were pulled from an asset pack from another game, Mav didn't even make them so you're barking up the wrong bark here anyway)
    • They are being uploaded to a server that accepts donations to be played on, whilst not gaining a profit directly from the movie posters, they still hold copyrighted material, and distribution of copyrighted material is illegal(Providing download and opening server to public) is an infraction f federal copy right law. While prosecution is inprobable due to no one haveing yet reported this infracton and it may possibly be minimal to owners of said copyrighted material....or it may not be and may be prosecuted upon. Any way you flip it, it is illegal yes it is minimal but it breaks 2 to maybe 4 federal laws depending on gray areas. Distribution of copy righted material. Uploading copyrighted material, downloading copyrighted material, and possibly distributing copyrighted material for profit. Just because its minimal doesnt make it not illegal.

WHATEVR DOGGO

The post was edited 1 time, last by CLITCOMMANDER ().

• Triple posting and then deleting one still counts as double posting which you aren't supposed to do.
      If I'm right the poster in use is for a movie that's been out for years now so no one is actually gonna give a flying fuck about copyright bullshit. You are nitpicking at everything Mav has done on that map. Even if he were to change things you still wouldn't be happy because you're a whiny little bitch. I knew I wasn't gonna like you as a player. If you don't like the map then don't play, wait 3 months and then come back at map change. Its not rocket science.
      “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)