admin app

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Steam Name:KOOLAID

SteamID: 0:1:93135250

How long have you been a part of our community(either server)?: Since 2014

What does being a staff member entail?:
    Why do you believe that you deserve to be granted a trial-staff position?: I believe that I should be granted the opportunity to become a staff member because I have proven my dedication and commitment to our community over the past several years. I have learned a tremendous amount and am eager to gain more responsibilities and demonstrate my leadership skills in a new role.

Do you have any previous staffing experience(s) (List community and, if possible, rank)?: i was an admin on another server but really did nothing

Do you understand the basic commands of our server that we use? If so please list how to do the following:

a). Kicking a player: (sm_kick-/kick) Kicking a player is naturally one of our last resorts when dealing with a player who is not complying with our rules and regulations. Before taking this measure it is critical to try using good communication to try to resolve the issue with the player before removing them from our community.

b). Banning a player(for one day): (sm_ban/ban target 1440 reason) Banning a player is another tool to be used only after all other methods of communication have failed. A ban is only to be used when it is absolutely necessary to remove the offender immediately and not for other reasons.
    c). Creating a prop: (db_create id or model path)

d). Freezing a prop: (/freezeit-sm_freezeit)

e). Saving a prop: (/Save-sm_save)

f). Connecting a prop to a door: (sm_linkpropdoor doorid)

g). How to look up any SourceMod command: (sm_help 1-X or sm_searchcmd)

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

a. A player says they suspect another player of hacking:
    In this situation I would first try to gather as much information as possible from the player to support their claims. I would do my best to calm the player down and ask them to provide possible evidence (screenshots, video, logs, etc.) and I would reassure the player that our administrators take these allegations very seriously, so that they don’t feel the need to publicly air their grievances within the community. I would then proceed to spectate that player and would make any other staff who may happen to be online at the time aware of the situation.

b. A cop is rdming other players:
    I would attempt to understand the situation so that I could appropriately interact with the cop. I would try to determine whether or not I could easily resolve the situation without any drama and report the incident to another staff member. If, however, I was unable to accomplish this, I would alert another other staff member online. I would then bring the cop to a safe location, freezing them. At that point I would attempt to communicate and negotiate prior to employing a temporary ban, only if absolutely necessary, and only long enough for me to contact another administrator and hand the situation over to them.

c. A rebel is rdming players under ten hours:
    I would immediately remove the rdmer from the situation, apologizing to the under 10. I would then freeze the player in question and bring them to a safe location to attempt a negotiation. If that approach proved to be unsuccessful, I would release the player while doing my absolute best to describe the severity of the situation. I would also alert an available staff member for guidance and back up. If all methods of negotiation and de-escalation failed, I would have to issue a temporary ban to prevent the player from driving away new members from our community.

d. A new player connects whom has never played lite rp before:
    First, I would welcome them to our community and ask if they needed/wanted help. If they responded positively, I would give them a tutorial of rp and the unique mods that we have here at cold community. I would also introduce them to our gang system that gives rebels the benefit of a promoting system, similar to combine, and detail all of the unique perks that allow players and their gang members to make more money and have exciting advantages. I would then offer a few of the ins and outs of our customized jobs-for example, robber and some of the new additions including vault timers and more sanitation trash pickup, and where to sell on each map. More detail

e. A player says they have lost their cop due to a mess up:
    Before taking any action, I would ask them to point me towards their accepted cop application or some other form of proof that they were cop. I would then make any other staff member online aware of the situation. I would not feel the need to make an issue out of it until I was provided with some form of evidence from the player or an administrator. I would also refer them to the forums and our application requirements while encouraging them to reapply. Finally, I would make note of the situation and follow up with another staff member.

Have you read and understood the community rules?:
    Yes, I have read and understand the community rules.

Do you understand that it will be your job to enforce these rules?:
    I look forward to upholding our community standards by enforcing these rules and providing a safe, level playing field for all gamers. I hope to be able to accurately enforce our rules and expectations. In addition, I look forward to being able to put my experience and effort into places I notice to be struggling.

Do you understand that you as a staff member are still to abide by these rules along with others pertaining to staff?:
    I understand that I must follow each rule for every player, admin, motd, etc. I also understand that the motd is not a legal document. I also must follow the instruction of other administrators. I understand that as an enforcer in our community it is critical to follow and respect each and every rule pertaining not only to admins, but to cops and rebels as well. I look forward to using common sense and a level head to give each person and situation my undivided attention and patience.

Do you understand that misuse of your rank will result in your immediate removal as well as other possible consequences such as a ban?:
    I understand that in accepting responsibility for this position that I am committing to uphold certain values and maintain certain rules. I understand that as an administrator that there will be situations that I encounter that I am not 100% confident in the rules; which is why I am looking forward to collaborating with other administrators to learn and grow within this position. I also understand that as a staff member I must be able to take advice, criticism and input from both players and staff and make appropriate adjustments. I also understand that this position is a privilege, and that misuse of my rank will result in my removal.
  • Ok, so Koolaid may not have the best reputation sometimes with players. But I personally have had no problems with him at all. Koolaid has been respectful/friendly in times that demand that from him (When things get serious and it isn't the time to be joking around or cursing people out) He seems eager to want to become a new member to the staff team and I feel that if he calms himself down a bit and can show he can be serious when it is needed that he would be a fine addition. I see Koolaid helping out where he can and always interacting with fellow players. Koolaid in my personal opinion has shown me that he is more than capable of preforming the duties this position requires. He has a high knowledge of the server/how things run and has been around for a long time. I will be putting in a suggestion of "Trusted" just on the basis of how long Kool has been around for and that it is a great starting place to work his way up to becoming an admin if he wishes to do so, however I personally would say for him to go all the way for Trial instead of trusted as it is a great opportunity to build himself up to be more within our community. +1
    The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting
  • Actually, only brendens -1 doesnt count. Any +1 or -1 holds weight as long as there is a valid reason behind it. & to doggy's comment, I searched a couple of snippets & came up with different results - I wasn't able to find castle's admin app on google through this. Maybe i used the wrong snippet?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About the application...

I'm not against giving koolaid trial honestly, he's been around long enough to know how things should be ran. He has constantly asked for help when no-one is around and shows the will to help. If he is willing to show a level of responsibility at all times, I see no reason why he shouldn't be given a chance.

+1 from me
    sniper santa misslelauncher
  • Dede you misunderstood me, im sorry we dont speak the same language lol. I didn't say it was ok for a trial to break rules? i said we should give him a chance and said your not innocent either. We have several admins that have bans / bad prior history. Your putting words into my mouth. Try again though.
  • +1. I’d like to see how this would go for Koolaid. Alex said it best, he’s constantly asking for help when no ones on and helps out when he can. I think it might be good for Koolaid to show that despite his past he could maybe make a good trial admin.
    “no admin for nova“- The Doggy 7/3/2018 @21:50pm (9:50pm)
  • It's been 12 weeks since Koolaid forced one of our admins to ban him for the 30th time. These bans are difficult for our staff because we all like Koolaid and hate to do it. As we all know Koolaid has a habit of "quitting the game" several times a year , or just deciding he "doesn't give a fuck" , and forcing a ban by purposely breaking a rule. As much as like this guy , and appreciate everything he adds to our game , these reasons force me to -1 the admin idea for now. However , I believe that Koolaids dedication to RP and our server over the past few years has definitely earned him a shot at the "Trusted" position. I think he would really enjoy propping for himself and others. +1 for Trusted