Cop baiting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Like ok for instance players camping outside of pd doors in the like "waiting lounge" with guns waiting till you walk out and shooot first, or players who are not last month yesterday or the day before that(clearing that up so biases dont arise), but within the current session and past 10minutes being anarchist and fighting cops on sight or even getting in the cops face with a gun but not shooting just so you can get a jump out of them, these all seem like frivalous scenarios but i assure you they happen on a daily basis 130hp n 300 suit isnt much when u have a room full of people outside ur spawn with revolvers n then the same bad few constantly shooting first on sight right when u turn your back, n then the occasional but more than often player who is killing you non stop for 30+minutes n then decides this time he doesnt want to to shoot n just point the gun at your face trying to bait you and you shoot him and boom ban/reported/cop strippied these things happen all too much to some players other than myself more than others,
    Cop Bating.
  • Yeah i guess thats part of the reason this servers dead is the innability to implement change (and because half life is a dying game), been playing cop like that for 4+ years?, and you dont know what cop baiting is lmao.
    Im not discussing what i "need to do" i knew what i needed to do when i put the app in for cop just as everyone else. Im saying maybe its time to make some new rules in regards to what police are allowed/not allowed to do, and when they're allowed to do it.
    Ive got an inventory full of guns, on an already declining game we sometimes have too small of a cop to player ratio, with 5+ players at times waiting outside with revolvers,shotguns, and when they get pissed off rpgs. and 300 suit is nothing against 5 people who already know your spawns and have you targeted, a statement like that makes me wonder how much of these 4 years you've actually played the game, just because things are normalized doesnt mean its not a problem.

If a cop is walking out of pd doors with 4+ people already having him targeted with revolvers n shotguns and he has to wait for eacch individual one to shoot him first hes not going to make it through that 300 in suit, do you even play?You ask me to tell you what cop baiting is to make it a topic and then have the audacity to tell me you're aware of gameplay for past 4+ years and you dont know what cop baiting is? foh troll
  • "The movie posters need to be removed or i will be filing a complaint with the US COPYRIGHT OFFICE AND DCMA.
    Picture below is copyrighted and belongs to it's respective owners indefinitely and throughout." - clitcommander

• Ever since you made the above statement you've been labeled an idiot by myself and most staff members. I wanted to ban you immediately for this "threat" , but was convinced not to do so.
    • Because of this , everything you say on this forum is meaningless and will always be ignored.
  • When there is a clear Rebel vs Cop shoot out, and the battle is a consistent front of PD camp, I don't see why the rebel should have shot priority. Combat logs would prove whether or not the cop firt shot and killed only someone who was participating in the pd cluster fuck.

Not instantiating a rule change or creation.. just saying I feel the cop should have a little leeway in this situation if they get frustrated and fire first.
  • CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

Yeah i guess thats part of the reason this servers dead is the innability to implement change (and because half life is a dying game), been playing cop like that for 4+ years?, and you dont know what cop baiting is lmao.
    Well when you use a Term that literally no one has ever used anywhere in the last 4 years, yeah I'm going to sarcastically ask you to explain more.
    You had less than a sentence with any sort of structure or wording dedicated to your Topic, thus I said "Explain more and it might be a Topic.".

As for Change, I'd say look back to 2016 when I made huge changes to the Server and reconstructed all the Rules but that'd involve work on your end, though atleast half of it was in the Admin only section of the Forums.

CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

If a cop is walking out of pd doors with 4+ people already having him targeted with revolvers n shotguns and he has to wait for eacch individual one to shoot him first hes not going to make it through that 300 in suit, do you even play?
    So you're saying the Problem is the Map since the vast Majority of the Maps we use all have more than 1 way to Exit the PD.

You're complaining about something thats normalized being wrong, oh hell here comes the Special Little Snowflake Syndrome with "THATS NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, MAH FEELINGS." <--- That is literally what I'm hearing in my head when you say that Normalized doesn't make it right statement.

CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

You ask me to tell you what cop baiting is to make it a topic and then have the audacity to tell me you're aware of gameplay for past 4+ years and you dont know what cop baiting is? foh troll
    See The Below.

CLITCOMMANDER wrote:

Could we implement cop baiting rules or is that too much?
    This isn't a Topic, a Topic which is posted in the Suggestions section should have Suggestions and examples. Sorry that I'm a Technical sort of guy and want more to it than Implement X Rule Please.

• I threatened by reporting the usage yeah lol cry about it, you along with anyone else are stupid if you think using intelictual property isnt illegal no matter how minimal, please remember you're "Staff Members" of a hl2dm rp server lmao sit down...if i wanted to report the usage the uco and dcma would be the perfect place to do it either of them would notify usage of any materials to respective owners within a small period of time, and then the owners lawyers send you a summons , please remember since you're not a lawyer nor in school to be one heres a clue...people can sue you for more than you're dumbass is worth, so no they dont give a fuck that you're server brings in almost no money wtf do you think happend to the ALO servers? they were doing the same thing on counterstrike? had some of the fast and furious cars on the walls n got sued over it, its only a matter of the right motherfucker to get on n say hey im gonna go report that to the right places , No ones here to impress you or any other admin, nor push consistantly for rule changes on a dead game, just insisted maybe cop rules could be gone through to make the game within certain scenarios playable and enjoyable from both ends.
  • Some things to help with the situation. Copied from motd

Do not shoot at Rebels unless shot at first.- The Player does not have to actually hit you, it just needs to be clear that they attempted to shoot you.

If you visibly see a fellow Cop get shot by a Rebel, you may aid the Cop in killing the Rebel.

Lockdown Rules
    Anyone on the street during Lockdown can be shot.
    - Under 10's are Immune to Lockdown,Cops may not shoot them unless shot at.

Anyone within a building is safe.
    - If a Rebel runs into a building while a Cop is shooting at them the Cop must cease firing.

Beyond that, maybe a rule where rebels with bounties can be killed by cops, or i need to add more cop spawns outside of the PD.

edit: after discussing it further, it has been decided more cop spawns are needed outside the PD. Just a couple on the roofs, closed.