Star Eater - Civil Protection Application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Star Eater - Civil Protection Application

--Basic info--

In-Game name: STAR EATER
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:26330375
    Time played: 73 hours

--Questions--

Do you have a mic?:

Yeah.

Why are you applying for Civil Protection?:

When I first got steam, HL2DM was one of the earlier games I picked up. Naturally, this resulted in me dumping several hundred hours into HL2DMRP. Recently after coming back, I've found a great sense of nostalgia on the server and, in particular, miss being a cop since that was the activity I predominantly indulged in when I used to play the gamemode. Since cop is very action-packed and you're almost always a target for combat. I also find the position a ton of fun.

What are the basic rules as Civil Protection?:

Most of the cop rules can be attributed to common sense; don't engage in combat unless fired upon, don't abuse your position with favouritism by only uncuffing certain people and to be consistent with the types of sentencing I dish out for people I arrest. If in doubt when faced with a grey-area situation, I will always cite back to the official rules which I've memorized - just in case.

What is the function the Civil Protection?:

Although some may argue that the purpose of civil protection is to prevent crime; it is my opinion that having a cop online often encourages it (which is a good thing) - resulting in jail breaks, gang wars and the works. It is often argued by players that the server feels less active when a cop isn't online, and for this reason, I'd love to fill the niche of the "enemy team" to encourage a healthy and active server. The being said, crime can get out of hand and as a result the server becomes chaotic. As a cop, I will have the ability to calm things down a bit by dishing out prison sentences so that people aren't too paranoid to step outside of their apartment. The entire purpose of the server is to have a laugh and have a good time; and the function of civil protection balances things out perfectly.

If a player were to be rdming you what do you do?:

The player is well within the rules to RDM me, and I won't have a problem with it. If the player successfully kills me, then they beat me fair and square. You can only expect to be RDM'd as a cop. I can only engage with the player if they get enough crime (1800+) to be arrested, or they shoot at me first; allowing me to return fire.

How much time can you dedicate to the server per week(Include time zone):

Since I've finished University for the year I can devote several hours a day to the server (non-afk). My timezone is GMT, meaning my cop hours will fit well for the early morning Europeans.

How will you benefit the server?:

Based on my cop experience and love for the gamemode, I'll benefit the server by providing players a target to shoot whilst simultaneously providing the less-rebellious players a more 'peaceful' experience on the server. Furthermore, due to my love for the job, the vast majority of my playtime will be spent flagged up as a cop.

Is this your first time as Civil Protection?:

No, I've been civil protection on several servers on the past for well over 500 hours of experience.

A new player has joined the servers and no admins are on, how will you help this player?:

As I currently do, when I see a new player join I often point them to the direction of /tutorial so that they can get a proper introduction to the server. I also respect the fact that a lot of new players don't want to be hand-held through the experience and want to discover things for themselves, so I will tend to offer help only when someone is clearly struggling or is asking for some assistance.
  • Re employed as cop, 7/10/22
    "If his destiny be strange, it is also sublime." misslelauncher

“From a caprice of nature, not from the ignorance of man. Not a mistake has been made in the working. But we cannot prevent equilibrium from producing its effects. We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.”